Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lodge should've been taken care of before Joffa, TPJ or anyone else tbh, I feel he's comfortably our 2nd most important forward behind Haas moving forward. Those 2 are the cornerstones. Would have no issue giving him a 4 or 5 year deal.

For me, TPJ is way down on the list of forwards we should retain and I hope the cash we've got can be used to keep our other forwards locked in and also strengthen our backline. If Isaako is going to be messing up all those contested bombs (you know he's going bad when the opposition isn't even bothering to target Oates, a known fumbler) we'll need to think about a decent replacement. It might be worth saving some money for a replacement for Boyd when the time comes. It would be great to have a real star back there.

Any truth to this?
The Nrl Lurker seems to be the only one saying it.View attachment 5415
**** I've had a gutful of this description 'controversial prop'. Ffs, when is it old news? I mean will he be described as 'the controversial pensioner, 89 year old Mr Lodge' long into the future? If I'm sick of it imagine how sick of it his wife and himself are.

Yeah but like...imagine having some 120kg drunk **** kick your door in a king hit you in front of the kids and wife while telling them they were all going to die.

If being called “controversial” is his most significant ongoing punishment than he got off pretty lightly.

Yeah but like...imagine having some 120kg drunk **** kick your door in a king hit you in front of the kids and wife while telling them they were all going to die.

If being called “controversial” is his most significant ongoing punishment than he got off pretty lightly.
Luxury!!! We used to have our door kicked in - and our heads kicked in- and and our ***** in kicked by our 120Kg sober dad every night before bed and when we got up he'd do it all again.

Last edited:

Did you see the footage? Lodge was completely cooked and missing. Most people were outraged when they saw the tape. Personally, I imagined far worse than what the tape showed. I don't condone it at all, but he got drunk, then got angry, and then wailed around like an idiot. No one seems to mention the fact that Russell Packer curb stomped someone until they were unconscious...

Place the stay in jail and the huge fine he will likely be paying off for most of his life. Enough is enough.

couple of thoughts;

1. S Burgess out for 5-6 weeks with shoulder surgery....reckon Sua related gossip will rise again as a consequence...

2. Agree with the club now having greater latitude with cap space since Roberts departure that we tie down some of this young forward pack now. Sends the right message across all levels of the club. Signing Lodge is a no brainer right now. His game is improving incrementally every week and it would be deserved..

3. TPJ; ive said it before, signing a 1 year deal did nothing but heap pressure on him to perform for no good reason. Its possible his agent is finding a lot of clubs starting to hesitate on the contracts being bandied around after his performance against the Cowboys...that realisation would be quite sobering...but he needs to turn his season around if he thinks he has a long term future here on the kind of money he believes he deserves...

Did you see the footage? Lodge was completely cooked and missing. Most people were outraged when they saw the tape. Personally, I imagined far worse than what the tape showed. I don't condone it at all, but he got drunk, then got angry, and then wailed around like an idiot. No one seems to mention the fact that Russell Packer curb stomped someone until they were unconscious...

I just want to point out that I like Lodge as a player, and by all accounts he’s a decent bloke these days. I’m happy he’s at the club.

But I don’t think we should downplay the kind of mental trauma having someone invade your property while you are helpless to defend yourself or family against his attack. Yes, he floated around like a drunkin retard but the level of vulnerability experienced by the family can have long enduring psychological consequences.

I’m all for giving someone a second chance and I’m open to the idea that people can turn their lives around but Lodge did a fairly terrible thing and now he has to live with the consequences.

Russel Packer is a fuckwit for what he did and shouldn’t be anywhere near the game so he’s irrelevant as far as I’m concerned.

I just want to point out that I like Lodge as a player, and by all accounts he’s a decent bloke these days. I’m happy he’s at the club.

But I don’t think we should downplay the kind of mental trauma having someone invade your property while you are helpless to defend yourself or family against his attack. Yes, he floated around like a drunkin retard but the level of vulnerability experienced by the family can have long enduring psychological consequences.

I’m all for giving someone a second chance and I’m open to the idea that people can turn their lives around but Lodge did a fairly terrible thing and now he has to live with the consequences.

Russel Packer is a fuckwit for what he did and shouldn’t be anywhere near the game so he’s irrelevant as far as I’m concerned.
Yeah ia gree, it just annoys me how much hate lodge is still getting, meanwhile nothing is ever mentioned about packer...

And that is probably another reason Lodge will stay in Brisbane, because he'll have way more shit shoved in his face in Sydney.

And that is probably another reason Lodge will stay in Brisbane, because he'll have way more shit shoved in his face in Sydney.

You think so? Look how things have turned around for Wayne after leaving the Broncos and joining Souffs. No one says anything shitty about him anymore.
I bet that if Lodge joined the "Golden boy" clubs like Souffs, Roosters or Sharks, no one would say anything.

You think so? Look how things have turned around for Wayne after leaving the Broncos and joining Souffs. No one says anything shitty about him anymore.
I bet that if Lodge joined the "Golden boy" clubs like Souffs, Roosters or Sharks, no one would say anything.
Wait til they have a bad run...How many 'slumps' did Wayne stubbornly walk through before changing? People have very short memories...

I’d also be locking up Fifita long term ASAP with Kodi & Roberts left over $$.
We don’t want clubs talking to him come November 1, 2019.
His price is rising, and very quickly. Depending how he goes in Origin, he could be the most sort after off contract player come 1 November.
Haas, Lodge, Fifita, Flegs, Carrigan & TPJ(??) are our future. Lock them all down or we will be rebuilding for many more years to come.

Reactions: Gaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  • Old Mate
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.