Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure I'd be happy about this.

Looks to be a luxury buy who realistically can only play center.... fullback in union doesn't directly translate to league and also negates his best attribute of taking high balls.

Based on this it would be big coin ($700k-1m) for an aging center that would be bringing big baggage with him.

Not to mention it goes against our current mo which is retention of the juniors... priority should be DFifi.

Would much prefer fifi on $500-600k long term than a 30yr old Folau for 2-3 years max

For me, he'd need to recant his homophobic rant before I'd have him back. He's welcome to his religion but don't use your position of privilege if the messages you want to spread are messages of hate, exclusivity and condemnation.

which is reportedly a condition before he would even be considered for registration.

apparently he offered RA a deal that he will work with religious leaders and allow RA to view his social media posts before he posts them but refused to take down the tweet that got him fired in the first place. RA declined their offer since he wouldn't take down that tweet.

he has reportedly also offered the same thing to the NRL ... but that tweet remaining, will stop the NRL from even considering his registration

You think so? Look how things have turned around for Wayne after leaving the Broncos and joining Souffs. No one says anything shitty about him anymore.
I bet that if Lodge joined the "Golden boy" clubs like Souffs, Roosters or Sharks, no one would say anything.

He'd probably be subject to more abuse on the streets in Sydney from other clubs' supporters. They do have teams with notoriously feral fans like Souths and the Dogs.

We win a comp with him at FB. Give him a two year deal and then go after Ponga.

Not sure I'd be happy about this.

Looks to be a luxury buy who realistically can only play center.... fullback in union doesn't directly translate to league and also negates his best attribute of taking high balls.

Based on this it would be big coin ($700k-1m) for an aging center that would be bringing big baggage with him.

Not to mention it goes against our current mo which is retention of the juniors... priority should be DFifi.

Would much prefer fifi on $500-600k long term than a 30yr old Folau for 2-3 years max

He would be deadly as a running FB. He's picked up a bit of ball playing in Union (granted I don't exactly watch too many Union games, but from what I have seen he's improved) and is more dangerous with with the ball in hand than say Teddy who can't really ball play outside of the odd pass. Not being a ball player hasn't exactly hurt RTS' output either. Folau hasn't had too many major injuries either.

EDIT: just imagine our side with Folau snooping around for the ball vs Boyd.

Last edited:
I would take Folau.

But it's not going to happen.

Not interested.

I don't think he's got the pace or skill required to be an NRL Fullback, and he'd be demanding far too much coin to be a Centre / Winger. Our money could be better spent elsewhere, like, I dunno, on guys who aren't 30+ and have actually played Rugby League in the last 10 years...

Not interested.

I don't think he's got the pace or skill required to be an NRL Fullback, and he'd be demanding far too much coin to be a Centre / Winger. Our money could be better spent elsewhere, like, I dunno, on guys who aren't 30+ and have actually played Rugby League in the last 10 years...

I heard the forward version of this argument about SBW before he came back. He then came back and was arguably the best forward in the league.

I heard the forward version of this argument about SBW before he came back. He then came back and was arguably the best forward in the league.

Not sure how it's the same argument, SBW had only spent 5 years out of the game and was at his absolute physical apex when he returned (27-28), Folau has spent nearly 10 years out of the game and will be 31 by the start of the 2020 NRL season, it's a trap.

Not sure how it's the same argument, SBW had only spent 5 years out of the game and was at his absolute physical apex when he returned (27-28), Folau has spent nearly 10 years out of the game and will be 31 by the start of the 2020 NRL season, it's a trap.
dude looks after his body, doesn't drink and hasn't had any major injuries.

there's no reason why he wouldn't be a success if he returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.