Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish. If I did the same as Folau, I’d lose my job in a heartbeat also.
If I did the same as Folau my daughter and her girlfriend would stab me. They are both christians who took years to reconcile their faith with their natural sexuality. Using social media to make statements like he did is not ministering it is just bullying vulnerable people.

That’s not to say that it’s right though

If being against someone using their platform to bully and make life every more difficult for a gay person is wrong, then I am more than happy to sit on the side of wrong.

not that i agree with folau and his veiws but it is pretty ironic that peter beattie is all for an inclusive competition but excludes folau for his religious views.
It isn't for holding religious views, it's for shoving that evil and repugnant fairy tale down peoples throats. In a perfect society you'd have to first PROVE whatever god exists before you could encourage people to live by it's archaic rules.

Beattie is a beta. Bash someone to near death and spend time in the pen = you're A OK so long as you didn't quote scripture in the process.

Beattie is a beta. Bash someone to near death and spend time in the pen = you're A OK so long as you didn't quote scripture in the process.

Yeah, I kinda agree. We have far bigger scumbags playing in the NRL than a guy sharing his shitty opinion. Just at the Broncos, what Lodge did was far, far worse.

I Don't see how he could be welcomed into any team anyway.We have people of many different faiths,he would most likely try to convert.Pretty much everyone would make his list. Devout, preachy holier than thou religious nuts are amongst the creepiest ppl on the planet. I wouldn't wanna talk to that guy. Isn't great for team harmony.

For the right price, it would be a no brainer. For the money he wants, not a chance. 400k would be a great deal imo.

If being against someone using their platform to bully and make life every more difficult for a gay person is wrong, then I am more than happy to sit on the side of wrong.

I was more indicating that it’s not right to lose your job because of a religious belief.
Social media wasn’t the right platform to use, as it is a playground for leftist dramatics. But I would be interested to see if someone would lose their job over a comment which offended Christians, I highly doubt it.
This brings me to my next point. How is the life of a gay person more difficult than someone with religious beliefs? The gay rights movement has the backing of every mainstream media outlet in the western world along with the backing of most the country, and this case is a prime example of what happens when you have any criticism towards them. Maybe a few years ago they were vulnerable but they are excepted these days, even by most Christian people. One of my good mates is gay and if I suggested that he was more vulnerable than me because he was gay he would be highly offended. I think this was a good opportunity for everyone to show some maturity and allow people to have their own opinion without persecution. It’s all well and good when it’s not the free speech which affects your beliefs being silenced, but these are not good signs for free speech and it will eventually reach further than not being able to express religious beliefs.

Last edited:
I Don't see how he could be welcomed into any team anyway.We have people of many different faiths,he would most likely try to convert.Pretty much everyone would make his list. Devout, preachy holier than thou religious nuts are amongst the creepiest ppl on the planet. I wouldn't wanna talk to that guy. Isn't great for team harmony.

You do realise TPJ is a devout Christian Right?

nope,never heard him preach anything. Or say everyone is going to hell.

Yeah well he is and he’s good mates with Haas who is Muslim. It’s the reason he has stopped drinking ect

neither of them fit this description though......Folau does.

Yeah it’s just the stereotype of what a devout Christian is though. I would say TPJ fits the more accurate description of a devout Christian than Folau dose. I’d say Folau is from a more religious denomination than TPJ.

. In a perfect society you'd have to first PROVE whatever god exists before you could encourage people to live by it's archaic rules.

So dose that mean transgender people should have to scientifically prove they were born the opposite gender before we call them by their pronouns?

It isn't for holding religious views, it's for shoving that evil and repugnant fairy tale down peoples throats. In a perfect society you'd have to first PROVE whatever god exists before you could encourage people to live by it's archaic rules.
Problem is you have to actually be following him to get that message and guess what?If you don't like what he is saying don't follow him.

I must be getting old. I have no idea what this even means.

So basically some transgender people say they were born a boy in a girls body ect. then ask people to call them a boy even though they are scientifically female. Which I have no problem with btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • westy316
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • Mustafur
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
  • kiwi2
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.