Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
NRL.com is reporting that Sam Walker has signed with the Roosters.

if this is true I'd like to know why we bother supporting the Ipswich Jets and why we bother playing our younger players in their team if the coaches own kin is rejecting the parent club to sign with a rival club. Roosters having never spent a cent or a minute of time nurturing this kid must be pissing themselves laughing at our ramshackle system.

they did the same thing a few seasons ago with J. Nikorima too.

This stinks to high heavens.

Let's stop right there.

Broncos and Jets have no relationship, no financial, no feeder and no arrangement with players Jets don't get a single Bronco player. Sam is an Ipswich junior spent his whole life in Ipswich playing for Norths, Ipswich Grammar and Jet MM.

While his dad and uncle have coached for eight years.

Broncos decided they don't need the area.

Sam Walker and Jack Martin are at the Jets because that's their team and they're locals playing for their team. Jets have put in 16 years of work- Broncos 0.

It's the same as Tweed kids still being at Tweed, Coates, Piakura, Walsh are contracted to the Broncos but not playing for a Broncos' club.
[automerge]1560233330[/automerge]
The Jets haven't had a Broncos affiliate since 2016 when the Broncos cracked the sads over Seve being omitted. These days they only have a relationship with their junior pathways, which is mutually beneficial because it gives Brisbane first dibs on that area.

Walker is a fine talent and could very well be the pick of the lot. However Brisbane already have a plethora of halves and need to look at other positions. They couldn't afford to give Walker a great deal and Walker had to do what was right his development.

That's not right, the Broncos deal lasted until the end of last year. Bennett ended it.

Jets still got Hunt in 2017.

Last edited:
I know it is only coming from the Lurker, but ...

he is reporting that Gagai is unhappy with the arrival of Roberts at the bunnies (because of the likely positional switch to wing) and may be looking for a release at seasons end ... if that's the case then Seibs should get on the phone to his manager

Let's stop right there.

Broncos and Jets have no relationship, no financial, no feeder and no arrangement with players Jets don't get a single Bronco player. Sam is an Ipswich junior spent his whole life in Ipswich playing for Norths, Ipswich Grammar and Jet MM.

While his dad and uncle have coached for eight years.

Broncos decided they don't need the area.

Sam Walker and Jack Martin are at the Jets because that's their team and they're locals playing for their team. Jets have put in 16 years of work- Broncos 0.

It's the same as Tweed kids still being at Tweed, Coates, Piakura, Walsh are contracted to the Broncos but not playing for a Broncos' club.
[automerge]1560233330[/automerge]

That's not right, the Broncos deal lasted until the end of last year. Bennett ended it.

Thanks Pete. I wasn't aware the affiliation ended last year.

Gagai is like Nate Myles, lifts his game for Origin, but seems to take it easy at club level. His defense in the centres is pretty terrible too, and his attack there is nothing special either.

he is reporting that Gagai is unhappy with the arrival of Roberts at the bunnies (because of the likely positional switch to wing) and may be looking for a release at seasons end ... if that's the case then Seibs should get on the phone to his manager

I would only take Gagai as a winger.

Although, I don't think we need an outside back at all with Perese, Farnworth and Coates coming through.

To offer his condolences? Because I highly doubt it'd be to get him to the Broncos. Gagai is a shocking club player, always has been. At best he might be a solid right winger for us, but I'm still not ready to just throw Isaako on the scrap heap, would much prefer to persist with him for another year than spend unnecessary money on a guy who doesn't try in games he's not wearing the Queensland jumper.

To throw some numbers out there, in his season and a half at the Rabbitohs, on extremely good attacking teams, outside Adam Reynolds, he has 5 tries & 6 line-breaks in 37 games, whilst also being a well below average defensive player. He's not worth minimum wage at club land.

I hope the Broncos can figure out how to get Folau to the team. I don't think what he said is all that bad, he's just preaching his gospel. People have been doing it for yonks and we've managed alright. I know that times have changed but we really need a fullback.

Good call on Hunt, I'm unsure about the contract status was of Julian Christian at the time, but he could also possibly qualify.

Otherwise the Broncos did pull their affiliate players from the Jets and for all intents and purposes left them out in the cold.

They still have a deal with the Ipswich juniors, albeit it's set to expire at the end of the year.

i guess this way we get to see how walker develops over the next 2 years then maybe do a roosters and poach him back depending on our needs?

Is there any reason that Brisbane didn't ask for a swap when we let Roberts head to Souffs?
A swap of Allan for Roberts + cash our way would have been nice.

Can we stop suggesting Folau please

There was a rumour that the Broncos were making enquiries into getting him to the club once things looked done with Rugby Australia. I'm glad that the Broncos were willing to see beyond a couple of tweets if that is the case, but I can understand why people are against him.

I hope the Broncos can figure out how to get Folau to the team. I don't think what he said is all that bad, he's just preaching his gospel. People have been doing it for yonks and we've managed alright. I know that times have changed but we really need a fullback.

There is absolutely no way ... the NRL will flat out refuse to register any contract for Folau ... he is done as a footy player in Australia

Is there any reason that Brisbane didn't ask for a swap when we let Roberts head to Souffs?
A swap of Allan for Roberts + cash our way would have been nice.

Allan has shown SFA as a fullback ... we don't need him

There is absolutely no way ... the NRL will flat out refuse to register any contract for Folau ... he is done as a footy player in Australia

Allan has shown SFA as a fullback ... we don't need him

Folau will get registered if he deletes his previous "offensive " social media posts, which he just wont do.

Reliable source or what [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Screenshot 20190611 173356 Facebook

Reliable source or what [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]View attachment 5495

The new ‘Braith’s cousin?’

If there’s any truth, surely you’d look at Taylor and go ‘hmm maybe the Gold Coast aren’t the best option’. I mean they’ll probably have a spot for him, but I’d try my luck in Super League before going there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lozza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • The Don
  • Skyblues87
  • Alec
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bert_lifts
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.