Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the optimism, but a few of those players are way off and I'm not sold on them as genuine first grade options.

I do agree that Seibold is adopting a long term view with the club, but if he doesn't get the Broncos act together by next year, he won't be around to see it come to fruition.

Henjak took a similar approach and look at how it worked out for him.
A 5 year contract allows him a bit more leeway than henjak I would think, regardless if he completes it all it still says that the board will allow him to see out a plan over 2 or 3 years at the very least.
I agree, these young players have proved nothing so far but are we any further away from winning a premiership than we were last year? If we kept doing what we were doing we wouldn't have competed with the storm or roosters for the next decade. Yes we are getting owned at the moment but at least there's some obvious future planning in the works. It may not work, but at lease we will be a step closer to figuring out what we do need. People talking like we have become the parramatta of the nrl need to calm down. We have had 1 bad year as we transition, after 12 years of pretending we were close to winning one. Parramatta have had 30 bad years and have continued to pretend they are a premiership contender every year when they win 2 or 3 games in a row.

Stoked to get rid of Sua. Dude was massively overrated before he was dropped.

Now to piss off Macca, Boyd, Milf and TPJ.

Su'A had potential but he hasn't exactly shown it. Even when he was getting regular time in first grade, he didn't show a great deal apart from putting on a big hit or two every now and then.

So far he's just been another average backrower like a Joel Thompson, nothing special and not exactly going to hurt us if we do lose him.

A 5 year contract allows him a bit more leeway than henjak I would think, regardless if he completes it all it still says that the board will allow him to see out a plan over 2 or 3 years at the very least.
I agree, these young players have proved nothing so far but are we any further away from winning a premiership than we were last year? If we kept doing what we were doing we wouldn't have competed with the storm or roosters for the next decade. Yes we are getting owned at the moment but at least there's some obvious future planning in the works. It may not work, but at lease we will be a step closer to figuring out what we do need. People talking like we have become the parramatta of the nrl need to calm down. We have had 1 bad year as we transition, after 12 years of pretending we were close to winning one. Parramatta have had 30 bad years and have continued to pretend they are a premiership contender every year when they win 2 or 3 games in a row.

Seibold can ill afford to miss the finals two years in a row. He'll get a reprieve this year, but after that it's open slather.

If he thinks throwing more rookies into the deep end to see who sinks or swims is the answer, then he's sorely mistaken.

Su'A had potential but he hasn't exactly shown it. Even when he was getting regular time in first grade, he didn't show a great deal apart from putting on a big hit or two every now and then.

So far he's just been another average backrower like a Joel Thompson, nothing special and not exactly going to hurt us if we do lose him.
Wow super freak you have obviously played a bit of league yourself eh. How does Su’A get any confidence or even warmed up after Seibold giving him 19-24mins a game. Plus these minutes have been when the rest of the team has already failed and playing catch-up. He is a 80min player every week. Su’A had no choice to go down to QCup so he could get some 80 min runs even if was for Souths Logan who are not performing. Has not been given the opportunity. Unfortunately his injury last year has paved this action but had that not happened Fafita would have not got a go. Su’A has more ticker than any of Beoncos second rowers and the only one capable of 80min week in week out. He will be a massive loss for Broncos and a massive bonus to whom ever picks him up should he move on.

Last edited:
Wow super freak you have obviously played a bit of league yourself eh. How does Su’A get any confidence or even warmed up after Seibold giving him 19-24mins a game. Plus these minutes have been when the rest of the team has already failed and playing catch-up. He is a 80min player every week. Su’A had no choice to go down to QCup so he could get some 80 min runs even if was for Souths Logan who are not performing. Has not been given the opportunity. Unfortunately his injury last year has paved this action but had that not happened Fafita would have not got a go. Su’A has more ticker than any of Beoncos second rowers and the only one capable of 80min week in week out. He will be a massive loss for Broncos and a massive bonus to whom ever picks him up should he move on.
This is getting ridiculous. Sua has had so many excuses made for him. First it was his injury, then it was seibold not using him right in the games, then it's his team isn't performing at qld cup level. We are 15 rounds in ffs.
He got a few shots at 2nd row in nrl and he got shown up by a 31 year old who everyone wanted gone, a 30 year old coming back from a much more serious injury then his with a longer lay off, and an 18 year old with about 15 games experience. He got used in the middle just like fifita did, BECAUSE seibold was trying to utilise him as he didn't perform good enough at 2nd row, then that was bad for him (seems fifita and gillet havent gone backwards due to a few minutes in the middle, odd that so he was put back to qld cup and now he has joined a shit team its not his fault he hasn't stood out...

I mean seriously wtf does he have to do for his form to be his fault? Haha.. He might come good, in fact I think he will. But he isn't worth a 1/4 of the money he is currently lot at the moment and we have better current and future options the way he has played now, and even in the past...

So are you classing last year as a good year? Our past 12 years apart from 2015 have been pretty ordinary as far as I'm concerned.

We can make all the excuses in the world as to why we have not performed to Broncos expectations, but the sad fact of the matter is we have lost our culture, we have lost our senior playing group that nurtures the up and coming colts, we have lost our allure as an elite club and quite frankly our recruitment and retention policies are way below par.

Finally, I can assure you when I wrote we have become the Parra of the NRL I was calm at the time. It was an observation. You might of course disagree. I however, still stand by it and contend we will remain so for at least another few years. The sit we presently find ourselves in will take a hellva lot of fixing.

This is getting ridiculous. Sua has had so many excuses made for him. First it was his injury, then it was seibold not using him right in the games, then it's his team isn't performing at qld cup level. We are 15 rounds in ffs.
He got a few shots at 2nd row in nrl and he got shown up by a 31 year old who everyone wanted gone, a 30 year old coming back from a much more serious injury then his with a longer lay off, and an 18 year old with about 15 games experience. He got used in the middle just like fifita did, BECAUSE seibold was trying to utilise him as he didn't perform good enough at 2nd row, then that was bad for him (seems fifita and gillet havent gone backwards due to a few minutes in the middle, odd that so he was put back to qld cup and now he has joined a shit team its not his fault he hasn't stood out...

I mean seriously wtf does he have to do for his form to be his fault? Haha.. He might come good, in fact I think he will. But he isn't worth a 1/4 of the money he is currently lot at the moment and we have better current and future options the way he has played now, and even in the past...

You seriously can't tell me Fifita and gillo have been going any better , Glenn has been the pick of the bunch. Sua hasn't had the opportunity like Fifita but I believe both have been used incorrectly, seibold for me has failed both of them. I also believe sua and Fifita are perfect foils for each other in the backrow and it's shit that it doesn't look like it will happen.

Tbf from memory he had one game at 2nd row this year in round 1. He didn’t really play badly. We needed our older players out there though as the team was not clicking. Unfortunately this wasn’t in Jaydns favour. He was never gonna stand out as a 20 minute impact middle forward. Instead of bagging him, because be honest most of our team can’t say they have performed well, I say good luck to him. He deserves to get more game time and be the best he can be. I have similar fears for Fifita and feel his performance are becoming sub par to what he is capable of, due to lack of game time and position. Last few games he’s started at 2nd row he has struggled to get to where he was last year. But with more opportunities he will. Glen has been consistent in a very average team I agree but I still think Sua and Fifita have bigger ceilings. Gillett has not impressed me this year so far. And he was terrible in the middle imo. Jaydn is an easy target because they can’t continue to pay him when there is no real cemented spot for him to play what he is best at, as an 80 minute edge forward. Seibold needs his experienced players at the moment, they help him and it will come at the expense of a few of our young players. Turpin? Isaako? They could be next as older players hold their positions.

I can see some logic in letting Sua go given the huge depth we have at second row and I think he was signed on at least $400-500k at the time, but we sure as shit better not be paying any of his contract... and that goes for all the players we let go.

It looks very haphazard at the moment, but potentially they are stripping the roster back to bare bones to reshape a more balanced roster. Getting rid of the guys that aren't providing value for money (Sua, Roberts), the guys not in the long term future (McGuire, Kahu, Knik, etc.), but f.ck me I wish we could get a sniff at what our plans are for the future signings.

The concern I have is there are no interesting free agents out there at the moment that would improve this team, so we're either looking to grab disgruntled players that fit into what we're looking for or we're building a war chest to go after key players. Ponga has indicated that he wants to wait until his contract expires before renegotiating... perhaps we are building a war chest to go after him??

Hopefully we are also building a war chest to re-sign the identified talented juniors specifically Fifi.

Oh my gosh, I’ve just realised. The Broncs are doing the rebels from The Last Jedi and treating the fans like that admiral did with Poe.

They have a sound plan, they just don’t want to tell the fans what it is so the fans can do something stupid fearing the club is just going to run away and die.

Last edited:
I can see some logic in letting Sua go given the huge depth we have at second row and I think he was signed on at least $400-500k at the time, but we sure as shit better not be paying any of his contract... and that goes for all the players we let go.

It looks very haphazard at the moment, but potentially they are stripping the roster back to bare bones to reshape a more balanced roster. Getting rid of the guys that aren't providing value for money (Sua, Roberts), the guys not in the long term future (McGuire, Kahu, Knik, etc.), but f.ck me I wish we could get a sniff at what our plans are for the future signings.

The concern I have is there are no interesting free agents out there at the moment that would improve this team, so we're either looking to grab disgruntled players that fit into what we're looking for or we're building a war chest to go after key players. Ponga has indicated that he wants to wait until his contract expires before renegotiating... perhaps we are building a war chest to go after him??

Hopefully we are also building a war chest to re-sign the identified talented juniors specifically Fifi.

Backrow depth ???
Gillo - not even close to where he was and is following the same demise as tallis imo
Glenn - had hit some for in a big average team and has been shopped around.
Sua - young with a lot of potential but has been used incorrectly and sparsely.
Fifita - has been used incorrectly and is showing signs that he is in over his head and is feeling the pressure.
Also you add in that we are looking to the future we should be keeping sua,Fifita and one of gillo or Glenn , you need to keep depth like Melbourne do.

All I'm hearing are excuses made for Su'A but it was the same shit under Bennett as well. Didn't show what all the fuss was about.

As for being the only backrower that can play 80 minutes week in week out, Gillett and Glenn say hi.

Well I must admit to feeling a little concerned with the exit of some of the talent particularly considering our performances this year but we certainly look like we are making an effort to evolve the roster and our spending. I expect that both Boyd and Macca will be part of the tidy and moved on at the end of their contracts.

We also certainly don't seem to be racing out and panic buying at this time which I think is a good thing, we've spent a bit on bargains just to keep us going, to me it looks like we are building towards 2021 for everything to come together.

I think next year you will see us look to the player market for quality in the key positions in which we are lacking for 2021. Between now and then we will continue to evaluate who we should keep.

I'm just going to remain positive at this time, however we could be in for a couple of lean years while all this plays out tho.

Last edited:
You seriously can't tell me Fifita and gillo have been going any better , Glenn has been the pick of the bunch. Sua hasn't had the opportunity like Fifita but I believe both have been used incorrectly, seibold for me has failed both of them. I also believe sua and Fifita are perfect foils for each other in the backrow and it's shit that it doesn't look like it will happen.
Gillett has started to hit his straps, but with a year out of the game he hasn't hit it consistently yet. Fifita has been going well, I don't get this myth that he has gone backwards. He does his job CONSISTENTLY no matter where he is put. That's what you want from a young player, especially a forward. Just because he isnt making highlight reels doesn't mean he is playing worse. Little to no errors, hits and sticks in defence, takes a couple of players to pull him down and he gives variety. Sua was missing tackles, making errors and not providing much in attack at all. Fifita has also given a higher workload in less minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.