Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2019

Dazza 92

QCup Player
if he goes id like to see Peter Mullholland given a go...

And the mandate id give him is to reinvigorate the scouting systems we have and absolutely prioritize the long term signing of the very best young talent in our pipelines...

We have to acknowledge the threats posed to that from other clubs like the Storm; i reckon its now time for the club to start pushing back against it...

the business side of things ranks second to on-field success...

Gaz

NRL Player
W

And the mandate id give him is to reinvigorate the scouting systems we have and absolutely prioritize the long term signing of the very best young talent in our pipelines...

We have to acknowledge the threats posed to that from other clubs like the Storm; i reckon its now time for the club to start pushing back against it...

Won’t happen while News is involved. They need to **** off and give the club back to its members like they did at the Storm and Cows.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff

Peter Mullholland is a recruitment manager ... not a CEO.

one of the big reason so many Sydney clubs are on deaths door financially is because of who the appoint as CEO's/board members ... namely, people without any background in business ...

This club is far too professional to follow suit ... in fact there is more of a chance of the Titans winning this years premiership than there is of this happening.

should White decide to leave, the club search the globe for the best sports administrator to replace him (well, next best since the nest would be walking)

besides signing the young talent in our pipelines hasn't been an issue for this current administration ... TPJ, Lodge, Paix, Staggs, Carrigan, Dearden, Haas, Turpin are all locked up

Last edited:

Gaz

NRL Player
Look, i think White is a good operator but I suspect mistakes have been made in the whole coach swap saga and he was front and centre in the whole mess.
In any case, he said himself that we are judged on premierships won and on that score, he hasn't fared so well.
So true.
Would consider the coach swap stuff was more personal than anything else and that his station in life, at least with the Broncos, was to create a profit and appease the corporate end of town. He did that and did it well.

As for premierships, the football team and Mum and Dad supporters he either missed the mark or considered it wasn't part of his duties and I agree.

I wish him well but maybe time for a change.

Morepudding

NRL Player
I'm hopeful that deardon Sean O'Sullivan and paix are given a chance to own the 6 and the 7.I have a funny feeling that Boyd might not be playing next year.
Well Boyd is hardly playing this year so its not much of a stretch.
- Merged

Don't forget the commercial and financial success White has overseen at the Broncos. Every club would love to have such success
Umm, haven't crowds been on a decline the past few years. pretty sure every year since 2016 we have seen a drop. Further to that he cooked the coaching swap and resigned a bunch of duds. I don't think he has done anything that great.

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
Cost of a beer and a wine for the missus in the members bar at Lang Park is now $21.00. Is it any wonder. If the boys are getting flogged and you need to drown your sorrows you'd have to mortgage the house.
The prices are outrageous at the game. One of the reasons I stopped going. $21 for two drinks - that's rah rah pricing!

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Cost of a beer and a wine for the missus in the members bar at Lang Park is now $21.00. Is it any wonder. If the boys are getting flogged and you need to drown your sorrows you'd have to mortgage the house.
Imagine if you are a bourbon drinker.

Dazza 92

QCup Player
Well Boyd is hardly playing this year so its not much of a stretch.
- Merged

Umm, haven't crowds been on a decline the past few years. pretty sure every year since 2016 we have seen a drop. Further to that he cooked the coaching swap and resigned a bunch of duds. I don't think he has done anything that great.
...indicative of a wider trend...any club seeing increased crowds right now..?? Even Melbourne have heaps of spare seats every time i see them play...i dont believe its just Brisbane...

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
...indicative of a wider trend...any club seeing increased crowds right now..?? Even Melbourne have heaps of spare seats every time i see them play...i dont believe its just Brisbane...
I think crowds are bad atm because the two clear best teams are also arguably the least supported. Imagine if the top 4 was: Broncos, Eels, Dogs, Dragons/ Warriors.
I can almost guarantee the averages would be up.

Last edited:

Dazza 92

QCup Player
I think crowds are bad atm because the two clear best teams are also arguably the least supported. Imagine if the top 4 was: Broncos, Eels, Dogs, Dragons/ Warriors.
well obviously id like that....maybe your right...i remember 20 odd years ago we fielded arguably the best 13 we have every had and they could not get the Brisbane crowds in at all....maybe its all cyclical...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter