Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was a bad day with the Rhys Kennedy/Jaydn Su'A swap and the selections of Richard Kennar and Andrew McCullough. I'm not about to go on a crusade, but there's definitely some concerns coming out of Red Hill. For our sake, I hope the club can start delivering some good news.

I will say the selection of Xavier Coates as 18th man, and the re-signing of Cory Paix long term is a promising sign. I won't make any promises about them delivering the Broncos to premiership glory, but at least they're genuine options.
I hope he is better than the last Kennedy we signed.

lol Wayne has no say in Souths recruitment indeed.
They went hard for him last year aswell, who will thrive down there. Add this to a growing list of wins to the bunnies

Yeah cause there's heaps of standouts in this team atm
He hasn't had a decent chance in his best position like some ,and he has been playing in to ordinary teams aswell. Seibold hasn't done him any favors
Who would you drop because Sua has mad a compelling case to force his way in.?
He can **** off as far as I'm concerned. Instead of staying and fighting for a spot and proving he is a better option he bailed and called Wayne.
If he gets a start at Souffs of course he will look better slotting into a side that's ticking along with an established forward pack.

Who would you drop because Sua has mad a compelling case to force his way in.?
He can **** off as far as I'm concerned. Instead of staying and fighting for a spot and proving he is a better option he bailed and called Wayne.
If he gets a start at Souffs of course he will look better slotting into a side that's ticking along with an established forward pack.
Fifita, not because of form generally but he's young and playing origin. I think our rookie forwards aren't coping with playing consistent first grade footy , and will burn out. Both gillo and Fifita could do with a break. Not saying that he should stay there but give him some time as a starting backrower , not 1 game then flog him to the middle.

Haha ! Awesome job in both origins hey , he was supposed to provide impact through the middle against tired forwards?? Fail imo
Also for the Broncos he hasn't provided that either, no consistency. I'm not against the kid but he shouldn't be hidden from criticism.
He doesn't do the middle well at all , and not should he be expected to.
[automerge]1561510217[/automerge]

Put your glasses on buddy, gillo has been average
Lol in what area is Gillett lacking majorly that he normally massively excels at? You must be able to point out 4 or 5 areas with those big eyes of yours.
Defence? His work rate and big tackles are the same.
Protection? He has been picking and sticking when he comes out of the line most of the time.
Line running? He was always different and unusual and I think you'll find everyone whinging about our halves not utilising him properly even in his best years..

So what is it? He hasn't been great but he has been NOWHERE NEAR suas standard. Sua has been attrocious.

And Fifita did not look out of place at all. That 20/20 vision of yours must be seeing something NO ONE else is seeing because have you noticed his name being mentioned as a player to drop. He did his job, and did it very well for an 18 year old. You want him to make 7 linebreaks and offload for 3 try assists? How about sua does that in mal meninga cup before you start holding fifita to these high standards...

Maybe a lock in the style of a Cam Murray or Radley, rather than an extra prop sort of lock, like Turbo or Gallen?

He doesn't offload or pass at all but he is just so quick to react, that's what I have liked about him. Makes him an ideal benchie at the moment. He just seems to get in there sum it up and do something and get off.

Fifita, not because of form generally but he's young and playing origin. I think our rookie forwards aren't coping with playing consistent first grade footy , and will burn out. Both gillo and Fifita could do with a break. Not saying that he should stay there but give him some time as a starting backrower , not 1 game then flog him to the middle.

They probably would have been if we didn't get burned by 2 crap sides. Unfortunately we are in a position now that we have to pick our best 17 because our season is way off track. If we manage to string 4-5 wins together then maybe if other some other results fall our way we will have that luxury of resting a few.
We play Knights, Sharks, Warriors, Dogs and Titans so its' not impossible but our next month is our season

I really, really, truely really, hope that we dig our heels in to keep sua until at least the end of 2019.
I’m sick of Bennett, thinking he is “poaching” all these blokes. He is playing reserve grade, keep him as depth. There is nothing in it for us to release him prior to the end of 2019. We aren’t signing anyone else prior to June 30, 2019 and we have the money to keep sua here until at least the end of this year. I’m sick of Bennett, it’s time to give him some of his own medicine.
Sick and tired of hearing Bennett “I was the one that got him to Brisbane” “he was there to play under me” blah blah.
Dig your heels in Brisbane, stop giving in.

He's on like 500k or something ridiculous, I'd rather have the cap space. Souths will be good as long as they have SB, Arey, and Cook carrying them, adding blokes like Roberts or Su'a doesn't even improve their side IMO, it just roots their cap.

Lol in what area is Gillett lacking majorly that he normally massively excels at? You must be able to point out 4 or 5 areas with those big eyes of yours.
Protection? He has been picking and sticking when he comes out of the line most of the time.
Line running? He was always different and unusual and I think you'll find everyone whinging about our halves not utilising him properly even in his best years..

So what is it? He hasn't been great but he has been NOWHERE NEAR suas standard. Sua has been attrocious.

And Fifita did not look out of place at all. That 20/20 vision of yours must be seeing something NO ONE else is seeing because have you noticed his name being mentioned as a player to drop. He did his job, and did it very well for an 18 year old. You want him to make 7 linebreaks and offload for 3 try assists? How about sua does that in mal meninga cup before you start holding fifita to these high standards...
Little defensive there buddy
[automerge]1561535723[/automerge]
They probably would have been if we didn't get burned by 2 crap sides. Unfortunately we are in a position now that we have to pick our best 17 because our season is way off track. If we manage to string 4-5 wins together then maybe if other some other results fall our way we will have that luxury of resting a few.
We play Knights, Sharks, Warriors, Dogs and Titans so its' not impossible but our next month is our season
Next 3 games are a struggle imo

Last edited:
Seibold hasn't done him any favors
Gave him enough time on the paddock to prove his interest in a contract upgrade. He can’t carry him out of the gates you know. These blokes who exude a non interest in staying at the Broncs will soon enough learn the club will return serve and remove that luxury. Don’t be surprised if TPJ is also in the Redfern waiting room.

I think you are very defensive. To say sua was atrocious is definitely 20/20 vision. Just silly!
[automerge]1561538695[/automerge]
Gave him enough time on the paddock to prove his interest in a contract upgrade. He can’t carry him out of the gates you know. These blokes who exude a non interest in staying at the Broncs will soon enough learn the club will return serve and remove that luxury. Don’t be surprised if TPJ is also in the Redfern waiting room.
Su’A wasn’t playing for an upgrade. He was contracted until 2020. He has a great attitude and wanted to be a bronco for life. But u can’t expect him to risk losing his skill playing 6 months in a struggling Qcup side. Nor saw a way to force back in doing that. Especially given the broncos predicament at the moment. Wayne has seen that and already knows what he is capabale of, given a chance. He was not given that at all due to circumstance.

Last edited:
Su’A wasn’t playing for an upgrade. He was contracted until 2020. He has a great attitude and wanted to be a bronco for life. But u can’t expect him to risk losing his skill playing 6 months in a struggling Qcup side. Nor saw a way to force back in doing that. Especially given the broncos predicament at the moment. Wayne has seen that and already knows what he is capabale of, given a chance. He was not given that at all due to circumstance.

What a load of fucking crap.
“Great attitude”
“Wanted to be a Bronco for life. “
“Lose his skill”
Good luck but good riddance.

Last edited:
What a load of fucking crap.
“Great attitude”
“Wanted to be a Bronco for life. “
“Lose his skill”
Good luck but good riddance.

Think he was talking about your attitude, it's GREAT!!

Cant quite work out where its gone wrong for Jaydn. I dont think Seibold has helped him, but at the same time, he needs to take some responsibility.

I think he will end up with Wayne, but dont be surprised if he doesnt end up at the Cowboys either.

We're pretty flush with second rowers right now so unless you want to keep Sua over say Glenn I'd say this isn't as tragic as some would think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.