Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate him.

So does Melbourne, there is no way they are releasing him, he has the potential to EASILY be the best centre in the game.

So does Melbourne, there is no way they are releasing him, he has the potential to EASILY be the best centre in the game.
It's been reported that they are wanting to move him on.

First time poster long time lurker. I have no inside information just opinions on what’s happening from a fan perspective. I think our salary cap is very out of proportion, if the figures reported are even close (I hope they are mostly journalistic fiction).

Lodge and TPJ are very good players, however with 1.35 mil you can probably buy a large proportion of a premiership forward pack, if you look at how Melbourne and the Roosters structure their teams. They definitely have the potential to be worth their price tags but smarter clubs don’t invest in potential alone, as without leadership that potential can quickly dissipate. Hopefully there may be room for that leading, hard nosed forward to get on our books for next year to help all these youngsters reach their potential.

First time poster long time lurker. I have no inside information just opinions on what’s happening from a fan perspective. I think our salary cap is very out of proportion, if the figures reported are even close (I hope they are mostly journalistic fiction).

Lodge and TPJ are very good players, however with 1.35 mil you can probably buy a large proportion of a premiership forward pack, if you look at how Melbourne and the Roosters structure their teams. They definitely have the potential to be worth their price tags but smarter clubs don’t invest in potential alone, as without leadership that potential can quickly dissipate. Hopefully there may be room for that leading, hard nosed forward to get on our books for next year to help all these youngsters reach their potential.
Welcome and nice first post!

Yeah, I think we are putting a lot of money into just a handful of forwards. The only one that's value for money (not counting rookies, which we'll either upgrade or lose) is probably Glenn, and no one knows what's happening to him.

Yeah, I think we are putting a lot of money into just a handful of forwards. The only one that's value for money (not counting rookies, which we'll either upgrade or lose) is probably Glenn, and no one knows what's happening to him.
Il be very disappointed if Glenn isn't there next year. He has been our most consistent forward for the past few years and considering he would be on 200-400k a season, i'd much rather him than the 600k+ for TPJ. I think the fact Lodge is apparently getting north of $700k/season is absolutely ridiculous. He is bung average at best and has had multiple absolute stinker games. He is a good player, but that's just stupid money to be spending.

Il be very disappointed if Glenn isn't there next year. He has been our most consistent forward for the past few years and considering he would be on 200-400k a season, i'd much rather him than the 600k+ for TPJ. I think the fact Lodge is apparently getting north of $700k/season is absolutely ridiculous. He is bung average at best and has had multiple absolute stinker games. He is a good player, but that's just stupid money to be spending.

Name these ‘stinker’ games.

Name these ‘stinker’ games.
There's been a couple at suncorp where he's made 3 or 4 bad errors. I think he had 3 against the tigers and 2 of them were very bad and lead to points if i remember correctly. Can't remember against who the other ones were but he's definitely had a couple bad games. It's hard to see the logic in paying any of our forwards big money when we get dominated up the middle more often than not.

I don't see how 700k is ridiculous for a prop of that quality who still has improvement in him and is pushing for rep duties already. The Cows paid more for an older, overrated McClean who has given them shit **** all to date.

I don't see how 700k is ridiculous for a prop of that quality who still has improvement in him and is pushing for rep duties already. The Cows paid more for an older, overrated McClean who has given them shit **** all to date.
'prop of that quality' I just think he is a bit overrated. He hasn't done anything yet. He has been there for 2 seasons, he has seen us get belted in round 1 of the finals and now is the starting prop in a team that is coming 13th. I'm not sure that he has ever been our leading metres gained or anything either. I dunno. $700k seems like absolute top tier money to me.

Has it been confirmed yet whether we are over the cap for this year ?

Eels have been there and done that.. oh FML what a horrowing comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • kman
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • RodF
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Spoon
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.