Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Roosters has that year where they completely tanked and were well under the cap and then used that money to front load contracts, allowing them to essentially have a larger salary cap the following seasons and setting themselves up for half a decade of continued success?

I can only hope that is what we are doing. Shed a bunch of talent, take the hit for a season, front load all your star players. Have an extra million or so to spare the following season.

Except it seems like it's been going for like 3 seasons for them now, and they just keep piling on talent. Maybe we can have 3 or 4 seasons of what seems like unlimited salary cap after this year too.

Except it seems like it's been going for like 3 seasons for them now, and they just keep piling on talent. Maybe we can have 3 or 4 seasons of what seems like unlimited salary cap after this year too.
Hopefully

We have talent, we just refuse to keep actual stars because we prefer to give the kids contracts they don't deserve so early in their career. We are the fucking tigers of 5 years ago at the moment. Banking on kids to play first grade week in week out at a high level whilst releasing veterans that have done it in the past.

I’m not one of those people, but it’s more like 5 players released. Kahu, Moose, Niko, Roberts, Su’a. I feel like I’m forgetting one.

Either way, look at our roster and tell me we have a full cap worth of players. It’s pretty obvious to all and sundry that we ‘should’ have at least 1.5-2m spare.

I agree but what I don’t get is why the club is currently in negotiations to sign some players to Upgraded contracts. In my view No One should be getting an upgrade the way this season is shaping up.
Yes resign players but not on upgraded contracts.

We have talent, we just refuse to keep actual stars because we prefer to give the kids contracts they don't deserve so early in their career. We are the fucking tigers of 5 years ago at the moment. Banking on kids to play first grade week in week out at a high level whilst releasing veterans that have done it in the past.
Maybe we've copied the Panthers and their five year plan?

This post made me remember something, which was teams having to spend 95% of their cap by June 30.

Based the amount of players released and only being replaced by development squad players I very much doubt we have spent 95% of our cap to date.

This rule definitely existed a few years back because there was concern Newcastle may not make 95% looking at their roster, but I'm not sure if this rule still exists.

@1910 may have mentioned something about this awhile back as well??

Yep you're required to have the amount of your cap spent.

Last edited:

Oh so we're at the stage where management are stonewalling their first year coach. That fills me with soooo much confidence we're on the right track and the club have faith in Seibold.......

Last edited:
Oh so we're at the stage where management are stonewalling their first year coach. That fills me with soooo much confidence we're on the right track and the club have faith in Seibold.......
don't worry, white will be gone soon.
[automerge]1562055688[/automerge]
This is really bizarre

Wayne may well be all about Wayne, I won;t argue for against, but if he had a strategy for trying to deliver a premiership, then that's not all about Wayne - that's about the club, the players and the fans too

What i mean is, he may about himself, but trying to deliver a premiership is not evidence of that
he tries to deliver it at all cost without giving consideration to where the club will be at when his contract is over. It's not a good thing. Look at the good coaches at the good clubs, they have both in mind. Bennett has been thinking short term for a decade because he doesn't know when his last contract will be.
[automerge]1562055860[/automerge]
[automerge]1562055688[/automerge]

he tries to deliver it at all cost without giving consideration to where the club will be at when his contract is over. It's not a good thing. Look at the good coaches at the good clubs, they have both in mind. Bennett has been thinking short term for a decade because he doesn't know when his last contract will be.
This "greatest coach of all time" hasn't won a comp in 8 years either... Coaches who have? Bellamy, McGuire, Robinson, Flanagan, Hasler, Green...

Last edited:

You clearly have NFI ... As long as the club is thriving off the field (and it is), then White will have a job as long as he wants ... In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he is offered a long term upgraded contract.

You clearly have NFI ... As long as the club is thriving off the field (and it is), then White will have a job as long as he wants ... In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he is offered a long term upgraded contract.

I would thing on field success might be a little bit important in a professional sporting competition as well.
[automerge]1562113767[/automerge]

I'm not really trying to have a dig at you Foordy, I've just seen that type of comment posted a few times before and it has always confused me. I mean the goal of the club should be to win the comp, or come reasonably close to doing do as often as possible. If we do that our revenue stream will almost take care of itself.

Last edited:
I would thing on field success might be a little bit important in a professional sporting competition as well.

it is for the fans ...

White's job is primarily business based, he will be judged on how the business performs (especially given that the Brisbane Broncos are a publicly traded company on the ASX)

White doesn't even make coaching appointments, the board does, although White does get a vote.

Seibold will be judged on the performance of the team, however, like all new coaches he will be given some leeway to make the changes he feels are necessary to be successful.

it is for the fans ...

White's job is primarily business based, he will be judged on how the business performs (especially given that the Brisbane Broncos are a publicly traded company on the ASX)

White doesn't even make coaching appointments, the board does, although White does get a vote.

Seibold will be judged on the performance of the team, however, like all new coaches he will be given some leeway to make the changes he feels are necessary to be successful.
They'd want to be drastic changes because he's torn this team apart, some key signings need to be made and a turnaround around in team performances.

it is for the fans ...

Yeah I get that's Whites role and if that's all he had input in then of course that is acceptable. However if he is involved in decision making outside of that then he needs to be held accountable the same as every one else. Also the club would be making more money if we were having more on field success that is pretty much fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • TimWhatley
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Strop
  • The Don
  • Midean
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • broncs30
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.