Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I think IF there is to be a casualty you'd take the coach rather than the guy you're paying mass coin for, is integral to your team and has a contract for the next 4 years

Considering who the coach is in this case, he goes (assuming that's an issue for Moylan). I don't rate Moylan at all though

Considering who the coach is in this case, he goes (assuming that's an issue for Moylan). I don't rate Moylan at all though
That's the whole thing... Griffin has looked a sacrificial lamb ever since he took the job.

That's fine for Griffin as he didn't have much of a name before broncos and had zero to lose by taking the panthers job.... but really in the end it might come down to Moylan v Gus

Last edited:
... Gus Goulds more chance of coming to the Broncos than Moylan (the thought of Bennett / Gould co-coaching together is amusing).

Who might be a bit more realistic is Lichaa. I wouldn't be against Bennett sounding him out on a 1-2 season deal for change. Even give him the second season in his favour. He's had a few good games to finish the season, playing what looks a bit more like his natural game rather then Des's tackle bot style.

We're clearly lacking depth at hooker, and Macca's obviously injured. Some of his best firm has been when he's under some pressure, now he's got a long contract, it's best he's being pushed by players underneath him. Especially one with as much NRL experience as Lichaa.

Sounds like the Knights will offer him a bit more then we can, but I can see it being an easy enough sell. Convinve him to come here, improve his game, and earn a big money contract elsewhere. Look at Blair.

That's the whole thing... Griffin has looked a sacrificial lamb ever since he took the job.

That's fine for Griffin as he didn't have much of a name before broncos and had zero to lose by taking the panthers job.... but really in the end it might come down to Moylan v Gus

Yeah Griffin was always going to be Gus' pawn. He wanted someone to add discipline to the team (it's now coming out which players needed that discipline), but to not have the gall to go against his demands. If the team went like shit, it was the coach who would take the fall, even if the performances were played out through Gus' instruction. And if the team succeeded, it would be Gus' vision and oversight that would be credited.

... Gus Goulds more chance of coming to the Broncos than Moylan (the thought of Bennett / Gould co-coaching together is amusing).

Who might be a bit more realistic is Lichaa. I wouldn't be against Bennett sounding him out on a 1-2 season deal for change. Even give him the second season in his favour. He's had a few good games to finish the season, playing what looks a bit more like his natural game rather then Des's tackle bot style.

We're clearly lacking depth at hooker, and Macca's obviously injured. Some of his best firm has been when he's under some pressure, now he's got a long contract, it's best he's being pushed by players underneath him. Especially one with as much NRL experience as Lichaa.

Sounds like the Knights will offer him a bit more then we can, but I can see it being an easy enough sell. Convinve him to come here, improve his game, and earn a big money contract elsewhere. Look at Blair.

Knights are making him an offer? Interesting, does that mean they don't rate Levi?

Knights are making him an offer? Interesting, does that mean they don't rate Levi?

I've got no inside Intel, but fairly certain the papertalk recently had been their tossing up Lichaa and Rein, leaning towards Lichaa.

Only taking a guess here but I believe Levi is still very well rated in Newcastle however they probably don't think he can last the 80 at the moment.

Buhrer has been starting at hooker for them a lot this year which would suggest they want a slightly experienced guy as a stop gap until Levy can be trusted for the 80

Are the Newcastle knights run by kyall because they are signing absolutely everyone.

I don't think so, because they did sign a couple of experienced players and are looking at Blair.

if @Kyall was running the place they would have signed nothing but rookies :P

Yea Lichaa was apparently being chased by Knights and Dragons

Lets be honest here, a lot of people want us to sign another hooker but can we afford to pay more than 200k for a backup hooker? (and that's at an absolute max) I mean, isn't that money better spent elsewhere? Lichaa would command at least 250k from the ESL. A lot of clubs don't have an experienced backup hooker sitting on their books playing NSW Cup/QLD Cup. Its one position you run the risk of with either having a vet on minimum or a 20s rookie to fill the gap.

I don't think so, because they did sign a couple of experienced players and are looking at Blair.

if @Kyall was running the place they would have signed nothing but rookies :p

If @Kyall was running the place, Moga would already be there and be captain coach. Brown wouldn't be needed

If @Kyall was running the place, Moga would already be there and be captain coach. Brown wouldn't be needed

If Kyall was running the place, he would be pushing for the club to change their name to the Newcastle Mogas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.