Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Bennett is the ultimate professional he will not be showing off the broncos facilities and trying to poach while he is coaching the England side.

To be honest, I've always assumed the ease of poaching players has been one of the main reasons he has coached rep sides.

Wayne knows the value of making personal connections to players - if even if it doesn't pay off immediately. More importantly, he likes to win....

Can you imagine what the Sydney media would do to him if they found out he was taking the opportunity to try and recruit internationals to the Broncos.
This is true but one thing I love about Wayne is that he gives not one toss about what the media say/write about him. That is why they hate him so much - they have no power over him.

The Jermaine McGillvary and Kallum Watkins combo is looking lethal. Would love to have one of them in the side for 2018.

Can you imagine what the Sydney media would do to him if they found out he was taking the opportunity to try and recruit internationals to the Broncos.
I imagine it would be similar to whatever the sydney media say about Bennett any other chance they get.

Attachments

• IMG_3468.PNG
    IMG_3468.PNG
    49 KB · Views: 124
And green heads to warriors while TPJ is in the World Cup squad having a quiet word about the pros of being bronco to hingano

McGillvary wants to come to NRL. He should ask Wayne or Wayne should offer.

Attachments

• IMG_3469.PNG
    IMG_3469.PNG
    57.9 KB · Views: 123
Wayne Bennett is the ultimate professional he will not be showing off the broncos facilities and trying to poach while he is coaching the England side.
I would consider it unprofessional if he didn't actually, would’t you ?

What's the point? He has three years left on his contract.

Fairly certain most super league players have clauses in their contracts which enable them to leave if offered the opportunity by an NRL club

Fairly certain most super league players have clauses in their contracts which enable them to leave if offered the opportunity by an NRL club
Would have to pay a sizable transfer fee though. The Broncos are well stocked in outside backs anyways. They are in greater need of a halfback and a seasoned big bopper.

I wouldn't say we are well stocked.
It depends who you consider an outside back. If Bird is playing centre and Oates is playing wing then you'd have to drop Roberts, Kahu or Boyd, which doesn't seem like a wise use of our salary cap.

It depends who you consider an outside back. If Bird is playing centre and Oates is playing wing then you'd have to drop Roberts, Kahu or Boyd, which doesn't seem like a wise use of our salary cap.

One injury to any of them though and our stocks suddenly don’t appear so deep, nor do they during Origin time...

Plus I’m not convinced Bird will play in the centres.

Seriously some of you really need to look up the meaning of the word “priority”.

We clearly need a halfback and another big prop.

Back up wingers are hardly our major area of concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • kiwibronco
  • mitch222
  • Wendall Taylor
  • HVbronco
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • phoenix
  • Santa
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.