Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed... also I'm not sure it would be that simple to pay out a player management arrangement as I'd imagine the contracts are largely incentive based relying on commissions on contracts, TPA's, singing bonuses, etc.

So the management if they were to be looking for a payout would come up with some ludicrous figure based on TPJ's theoretical value in the market and would go straight to Newcastle's hypothetical $800k figure.

Would be stupid for TPJ to not just wait out a couple months and give them nothing.

Yep not to mention the fact that signing with another team now would incur those very management fees that he is trying hard to avoid...

So I don’t quite get the anxiety levels of some here. He has said openly and repeatedly he wants to stay at the Broncs, that the Bennett situation is not a factor in this for him, he is committed to the club and he is waiting until November before he signs anywhere...

So yeah, patience young padawans...

Yep not to mention the fact that signing with another team now would incur those very management fees that he is trying hard to avoid...

So I don’t quite get the anxiety levels of some here. He has said openly and repeatedly he wants to stay at the Broncs, that the Bennett situation is not a factor in this for him, he is committed to the club and he is waiting until November before he signs anywhere...

I blame KHunt tbh. We thought we had him long term and that was the plan. We lost players in preparation for signing him.......and he skipped town. A portion of blame for that lies with the club, unless he'd verbally committed and just flipped. That whole situation freaked a few supporters out imo, to the point that no matter what the player says to the media, the supporters aren't going to be happy until it's official.

I blame KHunt tbh. We thought we had him long term and that was the plan. We lost players in preparation for signing him.......and he skipped town. A portion of blame for that lies with the club, unless he'd verbally committed and just flipped. That whole situation freaked a few supporters out imo, to the point that no matter what the player says to the media, the supporters aren't going to be happy until it's official.

Didn't Khunt say that he wouldn't go to another NRL club? He wasn't lying, he just got some over the top dumb offer that he couldn't refuse from the afl (wasn't it in the vicinity of 2 mil a season?).

Didn't Khunt say that he wouldn't go to another NRL club? He wasn't lying, he just got some over the top dumb offer that he couldn't refuse from the afl (wasn't it in the vicinity of 2 mil a season?).

Honestly can't remember mate, but however that situation occurred, I think supporters thought he was going to stick around and when he didn't it made them a little tense when a talent hasn't been locked up.

Fucking KHunt, he could have been anything here. Would have likely beaten Cam Smith to the 400 game milestone too. That said.....2mill.

Yeah look that's all fair enough. I think people aren't trying to make a huge issue out of it. And while it certainly hasn't been an issue for TPJ, contract speculation does affect some players form. The thing I find is unusual is that a player can sign a contract with a new team almost a year in advance of joining them, but here we have a player who can't re-sign with his current club, until he's actually out of contract.

Yeah look that's all fair enough. I think people aren't trying to make a huge issue out of it. And while it certainly hasn't been an issue for TPJ, contract speculation does affect some players form. The thing I find is unusual is that a player can sign a contract with a new team almost a year in advance of joining them, but here we have a player who can't re-sign with his current club, until he's actually out of contract.

They’re 2 complete seperate issues. TPJ can sign any contract he wants right now, he’s waiting for his agreement with his manager to expire so he can represent himself.

It has nothing to do with any NRL regulations.

Last edited:
Is that DCE supporting the Broncos in the bottom left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.