Reserves:
Mago
Bird (see how he goes during preseason)
Flegler
Savileo
Glenn
Kahu
Luckily that team has zero chance of running out onto the field

The fact that we were the only team trying towards the end of the season probably made us look better than we were.

Everyone was either waiting for the season to end and have mad monday or they were waiting for finals to start.

We were somewhere inbetween. It was weird.

My 2019 team would be

1. D. Boyd/ Isakko
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Roberts
5. Isakko/ D. Boyd
6. Milford
7. T. Boyd/ O’Sullivan
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
11. Su’A
12. Gillett
13. TPJ
Interchange
14. Nikorima
15. Lodge
16. Haas
17. Fifita

If we were serious about winning next year we would recruit an experienced 7. O'Sullivan will have to do.. Means we'd most likely keep Boyd at fullback

This line up seems sensible.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Sean O'Sullivan
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
17. Payne Haas
21. Patrick Carrigan

If we were serious about winning next year we would recruit an experienced 7. O'Sullivan will have to do.. Means we'd most likely keep Boyd at fullback

This line up seems sensible.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Sean O'Sullivan
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
17. Payne Haas
21. Patrick Carrigan

I think you meant to put this in 2019 lineup.

Corey Oates on League Life:
"I wouldn't want to re-sign with the Broncs if Wayne's not there."

Oates to quit league when Bennett retires. Meh, get rid of him.

I seem to recall a few of the younger guys threatened to leave when Hook moved on also [emoji53]

Corey Oates on League Life:
"I wouldn't want to re-sign with the Broncs if Wayne's not there."
Cya later then corey.

What planet are these players living on, did they not just produce the most embarrassing finals performance by a broncos team in our 30 years, in an elimination final?! You had your chance to “play for wayne” and you all blew it. You have no right to have ANY say in who the coach is WHATSOEVER.

Im a big bennett fan but the players had their shot, and they embarrassed our club. They havent won a premiership, they produced that junk a week ago, they finished 6th. They dont get a say in who the coach is. NONE OF THEM...

Cya later then corey.

What planet are these players living on, did they not just produce the most embarrassing finals performance by a broncos team in our 30 years, in an elimination final?! You had your chance to “play for wayne” and you all blew it. You have no right to have ANY say in who the coach is WHATSOEVER.

Im a big bennett fan but the players had their shot, and they embarrassed our club. They havent won a premiership, they produced that junk a week ago, they finished 6th. They dont get a say in who the coach is. NONE OF THEM...

Yeah I’m very much in this camp. You had your chance to play for Bennett and you blew it. If you want to throw your weight around then start producing.

Not close to being the most embarrassing...

Not close to being the most embarrassing...
In a finals match? Last year was a close second (both this team/playing group). Im sure there is more I am forgetting but how many years back to we have to go?

Cya later then corey.

I would want to know who the coach is too before I re-signed. He wasn't speaking long term but just next year and Bennett seeing out his deal. Bennett for 12 more months would be a factor for me.

You must be young if you think that's the worst.

Penrith 1990 was terrible and Raiders 1990 was worse. Storm 2009 much worse.

Last edited:
So whats thr and article in the CM about Brown chasing our young players? Which players is it refering to?

So whats thr and article in the CM about Brown chasing our young players? Which players is it refering to?

Just Brown saying he wants TPJ.

Nothing new.

I would want to know who the coach is too before I re-signed. He wasn't speaking long term but just next year and Bennett seeing out his deal. Bennett for 12 more months would be a factor for me.

You must be young if you think that's the worst.

Penrith 1990 was terrible and Raiders 1990 was worse. Storm 2009 much worse.
I like oates but the players shouldnt even be doing interviews after the crap they talked then produced. I would want to know who my coach is as well, but I wouldnt be publicly saying “i wanna know and this is who i want” if i just stuffed up at my job. Would you? I mean that takes some real high levels of self importance and indifference towards your clubs results to be saying that so soon after that result. Its almost as if the weekend didnt happen to them.

I didnt factor in a loss from 28 years ago so I must be young? Lol. The fact you have to go back that far is a barometer for how abysmal the performance was. I did forget about 2009 but our defence was better then last week even in that game, and thats when we were coached by henjak, also this one was alot more embarrassing due to the form and favouritism compared to our opponent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Galah
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.