Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
****. Off. Moses is the last signing I want. Overrated turdburger

At the right price I'm not against signing Moses. He's still young enough and talented enough to turn his career around under the right coach at the right team. He's been at the Eels and Tigers, I'd like to think especially now under Seibs we offer a far more disciplined structure that those two clubs.

At the right price I'm not against signing Moses. He's still young enough and talented enough to turn his career around under the right coach at the right team. He's been at the Eels and Tigers, I'd like to think especially now under Seibs we offer a far more disciplined structure that those two clubs.

Yep agree, am prepared to give him a chance if Seibs thinks he has something to offer us. Granted, wouldn't have been my first preference but he has shown flashes of brilliance at times.

Last edited:
Apparently the Warriors have been after Moses for a few weeks now. They could be signing Moses and Nikorima and letting Blake Green go
I'd take Blake Green in a heart beat. He would compliment Milf perfectly. Can't see the Warriors letting him go. I'd say having him on their books is why they were comfortable letting Johnson go in the first place

I'd take Blake Green in a heart beat. He would compliment Milf perfectly. Can't see the Warriors letting him go. I'd say having him on their books is why they were comfortable letting Johnson go in the first place

Oh **** yes, Blake Green is exactly what this team needs.

Warriors have said they won’t be going to market for a half. They’ll either promote from within or play Hiku in the halves.

Johnson money to be used to bolster pack.

MaGuire got something out of Niko Wayne couldn't, happy to see Seibold have a go.

I wouldn't hate it if we signed Moses, I'm not going to lie. He was obviously putrid last season, but he's shown over the course of his career that he's extremely talented, I rate him as one of the best passers in the game and think his kicking game, albeit inconsistent is still above average for a young half. It's just about getting him in the right situation and giving him a consistent role. At the Tigers he never had a consistent role, he was chopping & changing between the primary play maker and a 3rd string hole runner when Brooks felt like he wanted to run the team. Same deal at the Eels, some games it feels like Norman's team, other games Moses runs the show, most of the time neither of them ran the team. Most of Moses best games at the Eels came when Norman was out, and that's no coincidence.

I think if we gave him a couple of full seasons as the primary play maker with Milford doing his thing we'd be in a really, really good spot. He's actually younger than Milford, for those playing at home, even though it feels like he's been around a while. Once again, I'm aware I'm probably alone on this, and accept that.

Last edited:
MaGuire got something out of Niko Wayne couldn't, happy to see Seibold have a go.

How so ?? He played in a international squad , completely different to a club squad. Couldn't possibly be the players he played with hey.

I wouldn't hate it if we signed Moses, I'm not going to lie. He was obviously putrid last season, but he's shown over the course of his career that he's extremely talented, I rate him as one of the best passers in the game and think his kicking game, albeit inconsistent is still above average for a young half. It's just about getting him in the right situation and giving him a consistent role. At the Tigers he never had a consistent role, he was chopping & changing between the primary play maker and a 3rd string hole runner when Brooks felt like he wanted to run the team. Same deal at the Eels, some games it feels like Norman's team, other games Moses runs the show, most of the time neither of them ran the team. Most of Moses best games at the Eels came when Norman was out, and that's no coincidence.

I think if we gave him a couple of full seasons as the primary play maker with Milford doing his thing we'd be in a really, really good spot. He's actually younger than Milford, for those playing at home, even though it feels like he's been around a while. Once again, I'm aware I'm probably alone on this, and accept that.

Moses does have a great pass but the idiot has absolutely no idea when to pull the trigger.

For every beautiful cut-out pass to the winger, there are at least 4 or 5 that go to ground, get intercepted, or end up in the crowd. That does not bode well for someone that we want to have a cool head, to be able to read the game, and to understand what's required in different situations. I don't think this is a symptom of his role never being defined, He is an absolute Do Not Want for me.

Blake Green on the other hand is much closer to what we want. He is no superstar, he is not flashy, but he is composed and organised and doesn't overplay his hand.

How so ?? He played in a international squad , completely different to a club squad. Couldn't possibly be the players he played with hey.
That’s the thing though. How many times do you see players thrive under one coach and not another. I’m happy to go with the coach. If he thinks he can work with someone, fair enough. If he can’t, unfortunately it might be “see ya later” time for someone.

Reactions: Gaz
Perhaps.
Nikorima out of his shell after wise words from 'Madge'

Author
Joel GouldNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Sat 21 Jul 2018, 12:44 Email
Broncos halfback Kodi Nikorima has credited New Zealand coach Michael Maguire for giving him the belief that he can be one of the game's leading halves in the wake of his best performance of the year.
Nikorima was on song in Friday night's 50-18 demolition of Penrith at Suncorp Stadium, crossing for two tries and clocking 152 metres from nine runs.
Throw in two try assists, 14 crucial tackles on the Broncos' right edge and the improved control he displayed with his kicking game and it was a night to remember for the 24-year-old half.
After the victory Nikorima, who played half for the Kiwis against England in the Denver Test, said he felt as though the number seven jersey was his now after he'd got a lot out of the short tour to the United States under Maguire.
"I feel like I am starting to come into my own now and I want to make it my own," he said.
"To be honest going into the Kiwis [Test] Madge [Maguire] helped me out a lot leadership-wise. He put it all on me and I thought I definitely came out of my shell there and I am starting to bring what I learned from him on that little tour back to the Broncs.
Broncos press conference - Round 19
"He just said to me that I have got the qualities of [Cooper] Cronk. He's worked with those players and to have someone of his calibre, who has won premierships and done it all, have that confidence in me really helped me.
"Wayne [Bennett] believes in me too, but to hear it from another coach gave me extra confidence and extra motivation."
Nikorima said he had never doubted himself but had come out of his shell more as he warmed to the task of being a regular halfback.
"I am starting to talk more too," he said.
"I was a bit quiet coming into the season and didn't really take it with two hands, and that showed with me getting benched earlier in the year after I got injured."
The Broncos forwards were on song against the Panthers and Nikorima and five-eighth Anthony Milford played off the back of that. The Kiwi international said that was all well and good, but added there was still improvement in the duo.
"For me and Milf it is about learning to control a game when we are not dominating," he said.
"That is where we have probably lacked a little bit but I have every confidence in myself and Milf to get over that."
The best halves in the NRL are linking together rather than staying on the same side of the field and the Milford/Nikorima partnership is growing in that area on the back of plenty of work with assistant coach Jason Demetriou.
"JD had a plan and that was getting me and Milf on the ball earlier, and he encourages us to work together so we don't just stick to our sides, just like the way Shaun [Johnson] and Blake Green do it," Nikorima said.
nikorimak-180720701-sd.jpg

Broncos halfback Kodi Nikorima.©Scott Davis/NRL Photos
Nikorima explained his two intercepts did not come by chance after Bennett had instructed him to get up quickly on Viliame Kikau and deny him time and space.
"He is one of the best left edge back-rowers in the game and the key with stopping those blokes is getting line speed," he said.
"If you let them run they will do some damage so that was my plan all night to get good line speed. I was up in [his] face and got two intercepts, which was nice."
Nikorima said the defensive focus the players took in to the Panthers game, after being poor in the 26-6 loss to the Warriors, would once again be vital against the Cronulla Sharks on Thursday night at Suncorp Stadium.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/21...orima-credits-michael-maguire-for-form-surge/

Why on earth would you get rid of a super loyal and CHEAP club player like KNik and sign an overrated and NOT CHEAP half in Moses who essentially provides the same performance AT BEST albeit inconsistently?

If this happens, I will not be happy.

That said, if KNik is being offloaded and his wage with part of McGuire's can bring in DCE, well...that changes everything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.