Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decision to drop Martin is especially odd since Harawira-Naera is set to miss the game. As it appears, Elliott will play on an edge which is a position he's struggled in.

Otherwise, I don't mind the decisions from Pay. Holland, Lewis and Martin have reached their glass ceiling and Pay has to explore other options if he wants the Bulldogs to succeed.

He doesn't have anyone better than Martin though. Elliott certainly isn't as good as him and Jackson has been playing his best footy at lock. A back row of: RFM, Jackson, Martin with CHN at centre and Hoppa at FB would probably be their best side.

Surely if he retires it's on his own head and therefore we are not obligated to pay him. I thought you had to fit and willing to play before you could claim a wage.

this is the NRL we are talking about ... Inglis retired due to his injuries and it still looks like Souths will need to carry his contract on their cap.

i'm pretty sure this goes back to the Gasnier situation at the Dragons, when they paid him **** all in the first year (with a much bigger contract for the subsequent years) only for him to retire not long after winning the premiership and getting paid out his contract in full.

different circumstances due to a back-ending contract i hear you say ... well, i agree, but NRL

this is the NRL we are talking about ... Inglis retired due to his injuries and it still looks like Souths will need to carry his contract on their cap.

i'm pretty sure this goes back to the Gasnier situation at the Dragons, when they paid him **** all in the first year (with a much bigger contract for the subsequent years) only for him to retire not long after winning the premiership and getting paid out his contract in full.

different circumstances due to a back-ending contract i hear you say ... well, i agree, but NRL
Yeh 'NRL' is in danger of becoming a meme to describe 'anything can happen, even if it looks illogical, impractical and crooked'.

I just don't understand why it needs to be counted if the player forgoes the salary they were going to earn. This happens all the time... you can't tell me manly are wearing $600k for having Suli on their books.

I can understand having to wear the cost on the cap if you want to pay out the remainder of their contract, but if they choose to take nothing and move into a role after footy then make them wear the salary of their next job on the cap if their next job is related to the club they're retiring from.

If Souths want to pay GI $300k as a rep then make them wear the $300k until his contract expires.

GI is choosing not to play and forgoing the $750k for a $300k job... give souths the $450k discount and move the **** on.

If GI was retiring and then being paid $800k then make souths wear $800k on the cap until it expires... it's not that fucking hard

If souths say they're paying GI $300k but then pay him $800k make souths wear $1.6m on the cap for the next 5 years and deduct points for the next 5 years... if someone tries to cheat the system hit them fucking hard so no other team tries it.

Hell give whistle blowers finders fees if they uncover cheats.

They're basically forcing players to play when they have reasonable health concerns that should allow them to retire... is that not a H&S issue, where the **** is the RLPA to sort out player retirements.

Last edited:

Chris Garry had me right up until the second last paragraph when he said this:

If you are wondering why the Broncos old boys aren’t going after Anthony Seibold, it’s because he’s genuinely liked by those who trained with him during his time at the club in the 90’s. It’s sparing him criticism, for now.

Actually, Mr Garry, i wasn't wondering that at all considering every day there is a new article from some Broncos old boy bagging Seibold

Bevan French is reportedly out of favour at Parra and they are looking to offload him before the June 30 deadline.

Tell you what, I would love to have Bevan French at the club. I love that guy.

Bevan French is reportedly out of favour at Parra and they are looking to offload him before the June 30 deadline.

He's out of favour because he doesnt want to play any position but fullback i think i read ??

Would Seibs drop Darius for French ? I doubt it.

Is Farnsworth a decent fb ?
Might be worth considering him over Isaako as the Long term FB

Daily Telegraph stating we have expressed interest in Mitchell Moses as he weighs up his future. Who knows if any truth to it, especially now we have Dearden coming through.

If he wants to play wing sign him next week.

Daily Telegraph stating we have expressed interest in Mitchell Moses as he weighs up his future. Who knows if any truth to it, especially now we have Dearden coming through.

Would be too expensive as a depth signing which is what he would be as siebold is clearly going with dearden.

To be honest, I'd still be happy to let Dearden develop in QLD Cup. I still think he's a few years away from being consistently good, purely because I can't remember the last time a half became quality before their early 20s (including Thurston, Cronk, Johns etc).

Signing Moses for just a couple of years could open our premiership window a lot earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.