Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen much of Niu this year? How's he travelling?

I did notice that he's playing primarily Centre for the Magpies, which is interesting, I assume they have an established Fullback of sorts that's keeping him out of the 1 jersey?

He’s been ok, bit hard in a team getting flogged by 70 and winning two games. Souths are in terrible form. His defence is holding up that’s something.

Badel saying on NRL tonight that Oates is fielding offers of around 750K per season from Sydney clubs.
He shouldn't knock it back. Three years and still be young enough for an even bigger following contract.

Thanks for the comic relief guys. Lol. Would genuinely like to know though
I think their base money is paid monthly. Don't know about 3rd party deals and any other extras though.

Badel saying on NRL tonight that Oates is fielding offers of around 750K per season from Sydney clubs.
If someone is offering him $750k he should take it. Sure he gets our sets off to a good start but is he worth $650k more than someone like Sivo? No. He is pretty much the biggest Gumby of a winger in the game. Would surely be one of the worst under the highball, useless on grubbers and has bombed his fair share. I like him as a player and seems like a good bloke but **** me he shouldn't be on that sort of money.

Until 2022, but contracts mean nothing these days. No formal negotiations have started ( they can't 'officially' anyway), but Bulldogs very interested in getting him well before 2022, mark my words.

I thought the Dogs were in all sorts of shit with their salary cap?

Curiosity talking here. Can anyone tell me how the players get paid? Do they get it weekly, fortnightly, monthly, yearly or does it vary?

Up to the manager I believe. IIRC, it all goes through them, they take their cut, and distribute the rest to the player. Most players have pretty tricky setups to do with investments & super to minimise tax.

Up to the manager I believe. IIRC, it all goes through them, they take their cut, and distribute the rest to the player. Most players have pretty tricky setups to do with investments & super to minimise tax.
Wouldn't the actual pay day be something the players accountant set up? I thought they got the initial money in quarters or halves. I'll wager there's plenty of variety in how they get the cash, some might even get a weekly wage with a significant portion away and earning for the future.

Wouldn't the actual pay day be something the players accountant set up? I thought they got the initial money in quarters or halves. I'll wager there's plenty of variety in how they get the cash, some might even get a weekly wage with a significant portion away and earning for the future.

True, most of it will be set up by the accountant, but the manager is generally the gatekeeper. I base this on maybe 3 players though, so, in the interests of Sample Size, it may not be the best indication...

What is the going rate for the best wingers these days?

If only we had transparent player wages. And who do you rate as a best winger? On current form? Or the perceived top tier?

What is the going rate for the best wingers these days?
I think parra were reported to have signed Fergo for $500-$600k last year... also reports Mansour re-signed with panthers on about the same amount from memory.

I think that is probably want Oates is worth... probably even a little more than he's worth, but he's a bronco so they might look to give that to him.

$750k is absurd and probably just Badel talking out of his ass as usual.

Crichton was reported to have signed for $850k last year and there is no way Oates could be considered $100k less as a backrower than Crichton

I think parra were reported to have signed Fergo for $500-$600k last year... also reports Mansour re-signed with panthers on about the same amount from memory.

I think that is probably want Oates is worth... probably even a little more than he's worth, but he's a bronco so they might look to give that to him.

$750k is absurd and probably just Badel talking out of his ass as usual.

Crichton was reported to have signed for $850k last year and there is no way Oates could be considered $100k less as a backrower than Crichton

This might sound unfair considering the injuries, but Bird is on or around the 750 mark. Is his input worth more than Oates? Taking into account his time at the Sharks?

I know it’s generally considered a bad $$$ deal with him, but still

Last edited:
Oates has already said he isn't going to be leaving the club.

He is staying.

With a forever-rising salary cap, Oates is worth 750k to our team. Change my mind.
OK. The salary cap is barely increasing, from 9.1M in 2018 to 9.7M in 2022. 150K extra per year. 10k of that is eaten up by mandated wage rises for players 27-30. The minimum wage for players 1-26 is increasing 5k per year so there's additional cap space eaten up there. In 2020 with a cap of 9.4 million with players 27-30 taking up 300k we have 9.1 million to split amongst the remaining 26 players, none of whom can be paid less than 110k. So that's an average of 350k. For every 750k player in our top 26 we need almost 2 players on minimum wage to offset it.

Will players salaries ever be released for the public to see?
It's frustrating/confusing hearing a report that X player is on this and another report saying the same player is on a different sum by 100-200 thousand?

I don't mind TPA's not being released but it would be interesting to see how ours and other teams salaries are allocated/distributed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.