Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaves club after 18 year old half back claims his half back spot, to sit behind a 20 year old with just as much potential and Michael Morgan, after leaving the premiers that had a half back that retired this year (worst case he went 1 more year)... I'd love to talk to his agent.... Shows real comitement.
At the end of the day he is 1 injury away from a starting spot, just like he was at the start of the year... I get why he's frustrated but surely this level of commitment shows why he will probably never make it as a full time half back option

Its not quite that simple tbf. He only has the one year contract here, and Cowboys may offer him a bit more security. Clifford isnt really a favourite of Green either.

Not actually sure where he stands in Seibs pecking order either. We might be looking to offload a few guys where we have a bit of depth in to free up funds, even though its probably not a great deal.
[automerge]1558418941[/automerge]
Green's development is nothing short of a joke. He has no idea.

One of the reasons i've heard why he dropped a player back to ISC after the loss to us is absolutley comical. So glad we didnt get him as a coach.

Last edited:
One of the reasons i've heard why he dropped a player back to ISC after the loss to us is absolutley comical. So glad we didnt get him as a coach.

What was it?
[automerge]1558419400[/automerge]
Paul Green HATES young talent. I don't believe there was ever genuine interest from us, but if there was, we dodged a gigantic bullet.

He's let Ponga, Kikau, B Smith all go amongst others. Kept Hess, Coote and Granville instead. Absolute numpty.

I really rate Clifford. Future Qld halfback type potential. Just doesn't seem like that chance will come at the Cowboys.

To be honest, Hess looked like he had massive potential when he burst into the side. Then he kinda Andrew McCullough'd it, either made no progress or even gone backwards.

Last edited:
looking toward 2020

I think it's paramount that we keep Glenn and Gillo, they are the two experienced heads holding down the left and right side of the field. A young team needs leaders. Glenn for mine is a super important re-signing.

People want to throw Sua and Fifita in the deep end, and fair enough - they are both really good players. But the best teams and best players are built on patience. You have to earn a spot, even if you are a better player

What do you mean

He means what's the point, Clifford will be playing reserve grade here as well, wouldn't really be fair on him, let him stay in NQ where he has more of a chance of making the NRL.

Let's remember that Dearden is 3 years younger than him and is already acclimating better to first grade, with minimal experience playing against men. Clifford has had zero impact in his games so far in the NRL, and unlike Dearden, he's an atrocious defensive player, like Maloney level bad.

Dearden ISC 2019 (Age 18) - 4 games, 69 tackles made, 9 tackles missed, 87% efficiency
Clifford ISC 2019 (Age 21) - 5 games, 52 tackles made, 20 tackles missed, 69% efficiency

@Ponga01 Milford is still only 25 this season, he and Dearden have a solid 4-5 years together at this stage, and we still have Paix and Boyd around the Top 30 and whoever else comes through the system in that time. A ‘trade’ of a fringe half for a fringe half makes no sense in that regard

@Ponga01 Milford is still only 25 this season, he and Dearden have a solid 4-5 years together at this stage, and we still have Paix and Boyd around the Top 30 and whoever else comes through the system in that time. A ‘trade’ of a fringe half for a fringe half makes no sense in that regard

Sam Walker is creating a buzz and is only 16, maybe we try and keep him around too.

Sam Walker is creating a buzz and is only 16, maybe we try and keep him around too.

Yeah saw that article. Also we have young fella Casey? There’s a thread on here about him that I can’t be bothered looking for

Yeah saw that article. Also we have young fella Casey? There’s a thread on here about him that I can’t be bothered looking for

He's been playing for the Townsville Blackhawks in MM, I don't think we've got him signed anymore.

These talented halves coming through seem to keep being younger and younger. A few years ago, Ben Hunt was going to be the start of the future at around 19. A year ago we were looking at Paix and Boyd. Then Dearden showed up, and he was even younger. Now this 16 year old is making headlines. In a few years, we'll be in a tug of war with the Roosters over the a 2 year old prodigy halfback.

These talented halves coming through seem to keep being younger and younger. A few years ago, Ben Hunt was going to be the start of the future at around 19. A year ago we were looking at Paix and Boyd. Then Dearden showed up, and he was even younger. Now this 16 year old is making headlines. In a few years, we'll be in a tug of war with the Roosters over the a 2 year old prodigy halfback.

Has a precedent been set yet to have contract clauses of automatically signing offspring of current players when they’re born? That’ll come at some point.

Just do what they do with good horses and stud out the best players. Create super players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.