Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a problem with McCullough taking up his option. He's just doing what he's entitled to and making sure that even if he has to go, he's not out of pocket. We're not talking a $1m deal that we'll be paying the majority of. If he's on $500k and a club offers him $300 - $350k (which would be reasonable for him), that's not the worst thing ever.

I agree, I just hope that it has been made clear to him that his place in the side will be based on current form, not history with the club or how much of a great guy he is.

No to him as a fullback as well... he has no passing game. I don't think he's even that fast

Reported to be on $700k and there is no way in hell we should be paying that much for him... let him stay at the rabbits and screw their cap
Ado Carr made little ground on him when he made the inetrcept.

Honestly I really like and rate Gagai as a player but no thanks.

If he wants to leave a Bennett coached team because he's not getting his favourite position then what makes you think Seibold can manage his attitude any better? I don't want selfish players in the team. I'd rather we focus on players who are top tier professionals who will play anywhere in the team for the betterment of the team.

We've had sooks before who only want to play one position or crack the shits, I'd rather we not go out of our way to sign a player that fits that bill.

If he cares for us make him he captain.

I'm actually not all that against this idea, but he needs another few years of maturity to really be sure.

Drinkwater has signed with the cows for the next 2 seasons. We’ve missed out there..

Any not named Darius Boyd

I agree we should, but if there is no-one of decent quality available it’s a bit of a problem, not to mention the club clearly see dropping Boyd is a bigger problem than anyone else seems to...

I’m not sure therefore that we shouldn’t seek other recruitment opportunities in the meantime. We are certainly getting rid of plenty of our playing stock and development options...

Good signing, exactly what they need.

Exactly what we need..
We need to get the current crop focused before we can reach out. We seem to have trouble doing that at the minute.

Drinkwater to cowboys, Tannah Boyd to titans. Meanwhile Broncos are asleep at the wheel.

Boyd needs to announce his retirement asap.

Im saying releasing people midseason, moving people on. All this crap when the biggest glaring fucking issue is our captain and fullback. Have you seen social media? Everyone blasting him on everything. Broncos pages, player Instagrams, fox sports etc. Honestly it's the laughing stock of the competition at the moment. Boyd genuinely wouldn't make a Queensland cup team yet here he is as our captain and fullback.

Other teams are filling the gaps with players they need. Cowboys looking to get Drinkwater in before June 30. After already signing Kahu and McGuire since January.

Meanwhile we have lost some top class players in McGuire, Kahu, Nikorima (as a sub), Roberts etc. And then also youth in Tannah Boyd yet we haven't signed anyone.

Our forwards are good, sure. But we can't score points and we aren't going to win a comp with Boyd as a fullback and with Shibasaki in the centres.

They need to move Boyd on. I don't care if we have to pay his entire fucking salary, at least then he's someone else's problem

Im saying releasing people midseason, moving people on. All this crap when the biggest glaring fucking issue is our captain and fullback. Have you seen social media? Everyone blasting him on everything. Broncos pages, player Instagrams, fox sports etc. Honestly it's the laughing stock of the competition at the moment. Boyd genuinely wouldn't make a Queensland cup team yet here he is as our captain and fullback.

Other teams are filling the gaps with players they need. Cowboys looking to get Drinkwater in before June 30. After already signing Kahu and McGuire since January.

Meanwhile we have lost some top class players in McGuire, Kahu, Nikorima (as a sub), Roberts etc. And then also youth in Tannah Boyd yet we haven't signed anyone.

Our forwards are good, sure. But we can't score points and we aren't going to win a comp with Boyd as a fullback and with Shibasaki in the centres.

They need to move Boyd on. I don't care if we have to pay his entire fucking salary, at least then he's someone else's problem
Here here

I wouldn't get too dramatic with it, sure we'll lose players but we always have. Boyd, Walker will they be big losses?, Maybe..... U18 QLD 7, well we do have the U18 QLD 6 as well.

All we really need is a solid fullback for a couple of years and our juniors should cover the rest.

So hypothetical and I don’t wish Darius any ill will, but what happens short term for us if Darius goes down with an injury? Say a major hammy injury that gives him 6 weeks or so out, given his history of such injuries?

Isaako to fullback? Glenn / Gillett / Macca as captain? Kennar onto the wing?

Okay.

What if Darius (again I don’t wish it upon him) does a major injury like an achilles or ACL or something that could well be a career ending injury, given his current level.

Who do we look at then? Lots saying lets get a fullback. Great. Who?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.