Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean it seems as though we could have gotten Drinkwater. If we wanted a place holder for a year, Michael Gordon brings a lot more than Darius does.

I still think Isaako could be good given time there.

Honestly though, Boyd won't get injured. He never runs more than 50% speed, never attacks the like at Pace and doesn't jump for bombs or out his body on the line ever.

If, hypothetically he did get injured. Most guys between the age of 16 and 30 would probably do just as well. That's how had his form is. That's not an overestimation. His stats are woeful, his movement off the ball is non existent and he is just a complete dud.

Drinkwater to cowboys, Tannah Boyd to titans. Meanwhile Broncos are asleep at the wheel.

Boyd needs to announce his retirement asap.

Don’t worry we still have Macca for another 2 years. That is rock solid stability

I am pissed our team didnt look at drinkwater. I think he had potential as a long term nrl full back. Mentored by slater too! People say go for ponga, mark my words, we have no hope of getting him. Our recruitment really dropped the ball here.

I mean, who would go to the cowboys over the broncos voluntarily? :vom:

I think come June 30th it would be good to get a summary of the season so far from Siebs or one of his assistants and then maybe an idea of what the club has planned for the rest of the year and into next season.

At the moment we are all in the dark as to what is happening who is going who is staying and what positions we are looking to strengthen and what areas the club feels they have covered.

To be honest I haven't a clue what direction the club is going and all I'm seeing is a very mediocre backline sitting behind a great pack of young forwards.

Last edited:
Lodge set to reject Eels

The Broncos are hopeful Matt Lodge will finalise his future in the coming days. The club was looking to announce his extension before this Saturday’s match against Parramatta.

The Eels have gone in hard trying to lure the prop back to Sydney, potentially before June 30, but the Broncos insist that won’t happen.

Where he ends up in 2020 is still up in the air, but both clubs believe they’ve put forward strong cases.

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/13...could-wait-until-2021-to-open-contract-talks/

Lodge set to reject Eels

The Broncos are hopeful Matt Lodge will finalise his future in the coming days. The club was looking to announce his extension before this Saturday’s match against Parramatta.

The Eels have gone in hard trying to lure the prop back to Sydney, potentially before June 30, but the Broncos insist that won’t happen.

Where he ends up in 2020 is still up in the air, but both clubs believe they’ve put forward strong cases.

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/13...could-wait-until-2021-to-open-contract-talks/
That's all well and good but none of these signings matter if Boyd is our captain/fullback.

I feel like we have definitely paid overs for too many people.

Lodge set to reject Eels

So we won't be losing him mid-season, but there's a decent chance of losing him at the end of the season.

I think come June 30th it would be good to get a summary of the season so far from Siebs or one of his assistants and then maybe an idea of what the club has planned for the rest of the year and into next season.

At the moment we are all in the dark as to what is happening who is going who is staying and what positions we are looking to strengthen and what areas the club feels they have covered.

To be honest I haven't a clue what direction the club is going and all I'm seeing is a very mediocre backline sitting behind a great pack of young forwards.

I agree it would be good to get a mid season report and a prognosis for the rest of the season from siebs but I can’t see it happening because if he had given this at the start of the season I am sure he would have been way off by now.
Don’t think he’d want to stick his neck out like that.

I agree it would be good to get a mid season report and a prognosis for the rest of the season from siebs but I can’t see it happening because if he had given this at the start of the season I am sure he would have been way off by now.
Don’t think he’d want to stick his neck out like that.

It’s also hard for a coach to be completely honest publicly without throwing a player or two under the bus.

I agree with both of you, but it is the fans game nd we are th epaying public. There is a hellva lot of us close to the edge in terms of voting with our feet. I think we- the fanbase deserve a little consideration as far as what the **** is going on before we buy season/package deals for the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.