Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we that tight we can’t throw Turpin 200k?

I have to admit, Lodge would be crazy to turn down that offer from the Warriors.

NRL's Seibold says Lodge to stay, Su'A out

Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold says he will re-sign in-demand prop Matt Lodge and confirmed forward Jaydn Su'A is bound for NRL rivals South Sydney.
UPDATEDUPDATED 54 MINS AGO
Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold says the NRL club are set to announce player re-signings in the coming days, and in-demand prop Matt Lodge will be among them.
But the Brisbane mentor has confirmed back-rower Jaydn Su'A is bound for the Wayne Bennett-coached South Sydney.
"We won't lose a player we want to keep," Seibold said.

Source SBS.

Last edited:
NRL's Seibold says Lodge to stay, Su'A out

Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold says he will re-sign in-demand prop Matt Lodge and confirmed forward Jaydn Su'A is bound for NRL rivals South Sydney.
UPDATEDUPDATED 54 MINS AGO
Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold says the NRL club are set to announce player re-signings in the coming days, and in-demand prop Matt Lodge will be among them.
But the Brisbane mentor has confirmed back-rower Jaydn Su'A is bound for the Wayne Bennett-coached South Sydney.
"We won't lose a player we want to keep," Seibold said.

Source SBS.

“We won’t lose a player we want to keep”

Ouch. No love for Su’A

I hope we don't spend too much money on Lodge. On the one hand, we want to keep him, but on the other hand you don't want to go nuts with it like the Warriors are.

Saddest thing is about Seibold, is he says that to the media, but it was a very different story 4 weeks ago when he said Su'a was part of the Broncos future. What strikes me odd is a coach to say that after a young kid growing up in the Broncos system had his hand forced to quit a club he loved. No class imo Seibold.

I hope we don't spend too much money on Lodge. On the one hand, we want to keep him, but on the other hand you don't want to go nuts with it like the Warriors are.
Often peace of mind and security can outweigh pure dollars. Fair to say he’s seen the other side. Arguably he is our future captain in waiting and if he continues to put in and bide his time here at the Broncos the dollars will come.

Last edited:
Saddest thing is about Seibold, is he says that to the media, but it was a very different story 4 weeks ago when he said Su'a was part of the Broncos future. What strikes me odd is a coach to say that after a young kid growing up in the Broncos system had his hand forced to quit a club he loved. No class imo Seibold.

He didn’t have his hand forced at all. He could have fought hard for his place and to prove himself but took the easy option.

Not too sure how you could to be fair. His hand was forced mate. And yeah i do know that for sure.

I have to admit, Lodge would be crazy to turn down that offer from the Warriors.
I agree to this. 1M for Lodge is pretty crazy. Surely we cant match it and he would be crazy to turn a mil down.

____
What is the retention committee doing?

Glenn is the obvious release - his contract is up. Fifi and Su'a can do the same job for less right now. Su'a has played off the bench in the middle this year and has struggled. Last year showed he is a very competent edge back-rower.

If we step back for some long term perspective - We have 4 edge back-rowers of first grade standard - 2 are very old, 2 are very young.

Why are we releasing one of the young ones?

____
What is the retention committee doing?

Glenn is the obvious release - his contract is up. Fifi and Su'a can do the same job for less right now. Su'a has played off the bench in the middle this year and has struggled. Last year showed he is a very competent edge back-rower.

If we step back for some long term perspective - We have 4 edge back-rowers of first grade standard - 2 are very old, 2 are very young.

Why are we releasing one of the young ones?

31 isn't exactly very old yet. We really need all the experienced players we can get now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • mrslong
  • Bongo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Scorchie
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Manifesto
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Cavalo
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.