Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why Manly was an option
I think there was a Bennett interview where he suggested Ash go to manly to learn off DCE. At that point in time they didn't have a 6 so he would've slotted straight in.

It may have helped at the time in getting him back with the old home sickness 😉

Instead titans came in who I believe had Roberts (signed) and Elgey coming off the back of a very promising rookie year. Elgey went on to do his ACL moving Ash into the starting spot and the rest is history.

So why would the plan be for him to go to Manly where there's a halfback on a 8(?) year contract in front of you?
Not sure but I don't think manly were flush with halves at that time.

This is also why I don't want a rookie halves pairing, you need experienced player in the spine .

Its not just about being a rookie. It also has a hell of a lot to do with personality. Taylor seems to be a fairly weak individual at this point in his career.

Dreaden seems to have a fairly level head and good defence for his age. Sos in his last game seemed to have a bit more to his playmaking game then i thought. Both have not appeared to have huge egos and looked to be team men.

If you give two youngsters a chance and their both team players and not big heads, they have a good chance to build their games together.

Hopefully this can happen with these two.

The plan was always for Ash to go and get some NRL experience then come back. Two major problems were he went to a basket case club, who then threw a shitload of money at him, which understandably he took.

Stupidest plan ever. It’d be a miracle for the timing of that to happen in the first place

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Bird/Boyd (With the other to leave)
4. Staggs
5. Coates
6. SoS
7. Dearden
8. Joe O
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Haas
14. Segeyaro
15. Fifita
16. Flegler
17. Pangai-Jnr
18. Carrigan
19. Macca (If not already released)
20. Isaako

If Glenn goes then Fifita or TPJ to the edge.

Last edited:
Dodged a pretty big bullet in ash Taylor if he couldn't handle the pressure at the titans how would he handle it here?

Stupidest plan ever. It’d be a miracle for the timing of that to happen in the first place

Ash wasnt going to get games here and he was NRL ready. Wouldnt have been fair to hold him back imo.

Reactions: Gaz
Ash wasnt going to get games here and he was NRL ready. Wouldnt have been fair to hold him back imo.

Is it fair for our club to allow good potential players to leave all the time though?

I disagree with Taylor being NRL ready. He was Gold Coast Titans ready, but in terms of being able to play to a high standard, he still needed an off-season at a club like the Broncos where he could hone his skills and push for NRL selection. If you look at some of the best halves of the past decade - Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, James Maloney, Daly Cherry-Evans etc. they all spent at least a year in Premier League or Queensland Cup to learn how to play against men and experiment with their style of play.

Taylor would not be the first NRL player to be lured by big money, fall and pick himself back up again. There was a former Broncos captain who made a similar move, and he was critical to the Broncos last premiership. Hard to believe, but said player was booed in his first game back at Suncorp.

Is it fair for our club to allow good potential players to leave all the time though?

Depends on if you want to look after the best interests of the player or the club. It's a tricky balance. I guess you can't keep them all.

Depends on if you want to look after the best interests of the player or the club. It's a tricky balance. I guess you can't keep them all.
It would be nice if they had a loan system... sometimes players are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In that year we could've loaned him out to the titans for the year... did he have 1 or 2 years left on his Broncos contract??

If he had 2 he comes back after a year and might well have made his way into the starting side... if he had 1 titans could've still thrown the bank at him, but broncos would've known he's under their contract and had some more cards in their hand.

The opportunities to loan players pops up quite a bit.. as we don't have an option now it is usually the older guys who get moved on to bring the young potential players through.

The mole reporting a player swap between isaako and Allan could happen at the end of the year.
I’m all for it.

I'm not I'd rather keep Isaako, all he needs is a bit of nurturing and I'm sure he'll make a great centre. Plus he can kick.
Isaako of 2018 would have kicked a FG for us to win on Saturday night. He wasn’t anywhere near the ball when we needed him most. Nor does he kick goals anymore.
His form has fallen massively, for whatever reason from 2018.
Hopefully he can rediscover it in the back end of this season however, I think seibs has a couple of these young fellas in front of him at the moment.

I'm not really sure what to think of or do with Isaako at the moment, certainly without goal kicking he is not offering much else to the team.

His carries of the ball haven't been great, he doesn't bust the line or use his speed that well and he doesn't do a mountain of work. His defense and hands has been sketchy as well but his goal kicking can be quality.

Its a shame......i really would like to see him step up his game.

Isaako needs to be hitting the hole between players, he’ll never step or fend anyone. He can really only do that from fullback or if he gets early enough ball on a return from the wing. Which rarely happens when Boyd nearly always falls backwards catching them

I do think his off-field personal stuff has affected him big time, and I’m not going to hold it against him. He needs to be in Joe O’s ear regarding that stuff

Isaako has been the very definition of unreliable this year. Kicking goals from the sideline, the missing them from almost in front.

Is Allen any good? Would it be a good swap for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Strop
  • HVbronco
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncs1459
  • Skyblues87
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • theshed
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.