Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've already got 4 hookers on the books (Luke, Jazz, Lawton and Roache) and they're still after more.... maybe Kearney is asking for a different kind of hooker and the board keep signing players

haha.

"Guys I need a hooker"

"No worries Steve, I'll see if we can get that Turpin kid from Brisbane".

*facepalm*

Apparently the dogs are trying to offload Foran, and are willing to pay half his contract. The catch being that his contract is worth 1.2m next year.

A fit and firing Foran is exactly what this team needs to go to that next level, he could be Pearce like for us. The problem is Foran hasn’t been fit or firing for 4 years.

Apparently the dogs are trying to offload Foran, and are willing to pay half his contract. The catch being that his contract is worth 1.2m next year.

A fit and firing Foran is exactly what this team needs to go to that next level, he could be Pearce like for us. The problem is Foran hasn’t been fit or firing for 4 years.

He's been their best player by far in the games that he's played this year. Probably not worth the punt with his injury history unless the club can have him properly medically examined before signing him.

Fucking Hasler and his back-ended deals. The NRL should never have allowed them, and simply can't trust clubs to be responsible.

Foran hasn't been fit or firing since he left Manly.... no f.cking way should we go after a broken down half who has been injured all throughout this year as well.

Serious question, would you swap Macca for Foran?
No way in hell for the impact that would put on our cap. If macca is on 500k then we are stuck with a 700k half who has worse legs then Boyd and Hodges put together.

No way in hell for the impact that would put on our cap. If macca is on 500k then we are stuck with a 700k half who has worse legs then Boyd and Hodges put together.

Well bulldogs are apparently willing to pay half. So 1.2m / 2 = 600 - Macca’s 500 = an extra $100 000 on our cap for to bring in Foran by your estimates.

No I wouldn't.

I think Foran is a liability at any price TBH.

Have you guys been watching him this year? He’s been great imo. If he played for a top side he’d be getting far more praise for his form. His biggest issue is that he’s made of glass.

Edit: I should elaborate: in a straight swap for Macca I’d jump on that deal any day of the week purely because it gets the Macca deal off our books and gives us a top class halves option who is freaky when fit. Just signing him out of the blue? No thanks.

Last edited:
I love how at every other club when they are stuck with players on shit deals it is always the coaches fault, unless Bennett is the coach and then it is all Louise's fault lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • MrMoore
  • cento
  • broncsgoat
  • Strop
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Allo
  • Midean
  • leon.bott
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Redux
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RodF
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.