Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They never changed, Richo was just selling porkies.
But why would he do that other than publicly capping his new coaches powers. Wayne did make many uncharacteristic statements about all and sundry coming to Broncs because they wanted to play under him. Interesting that Richo found it necessary to tell lies though.

Last edited:
Get on the phone Seibs.

I think the final offer should be like $500K, let them pay half for the remainder of his deal.

Could be the feel good redemption story we need but I feel like he’ll go to Sydney. If anything this is easy pickings for Wayne.

Look at it this way, what's more likely: that Ash Taylor is a complete flunk at NRL level and all that hype was hot air, or the Titans coaching team and the club itself are just shithouse and were incapable of getting the best out of him?

I'll tell you one thing, if they opened a betting market, the latter would be very short odds.

He was never, ever worth the stupid offer the Titans gave him but I have no doubt he has potential to be an outstanding no.7.

We'd be stupid to not seriously look into signing him if his salary is going to be subsidised. I reckon the shit experience there would have humbled him and he'll be looking to work hard to get back to his best.

Do it.

But why would he do that other than publicly capping his new coaches powers. Wayne did make many uncharacteristic statements about all and sundry coming to Broncs because they wanted to play under him. Interesting that Richo found it necessary to tell lies though.

Weren't the statements made before Bennett was even officially announced as Souths coach and there were rumours going around about Trent Merrin and Alex Johnston? Again, Richo was telling porkies because the arrangement with Wayne hadn't gone public yet, but decisions were being run past him and he has a say on the roster. It isn't the final say, but Souths are using his profile in the game to attract players.

Weren't the statements made before Bennett was even officially announced as Souths coach and there were rumours going around about Trent Merrin and Alex Johnston? Again, Richo was telling porkies because the arrangement with Wayne hadn't gone public yet, but decisions were being run past him and he has a say on the roster. It isn't the final say, but Souths are using his profile in the game to attract players.
Probably right Pete. My memory only tells me so much theses days. No matter. Richo is no fool and would have his motives.

He was never, ever worth the stupid offer the Titans gave him but I have no doubt he has potential to be an outstanding no.7.

We'd be stupid to not seriously look into signing him if his salary is going to be subsidised. I reckon the shit experience there would have humbled him and he'll be looking to work hard to get back to his best.

Do it.

i suppose it all depends on how much they are prepared to subsidise him ...

unless they are prepared to pay a substantial amount of his ridiculous salary, then not worth it.

Do not touch! What are the rules on mentioning why I say do not get him back?

I think Ash would benefit from 12 months in the Super league.

No thanks, rather Deardon and SOS. Don’t think we’re in any position to be gambling on turning a player around like that right now.
Dearden and Taylor would so much better.

Look at it this way, what's more likely: that Ash Taylor is a complete flunk at NRL level and all that hype was hot air, or the Titans coaching team and the club itself are just shithouse and were incapable of getting the best out of him?

I'll tell you one thing, if they opened a betting market, the latter would be very short odds.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the former either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • Spike
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.