Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor is a donk. His attitude stinks, I hate watching him. I would be so unhappy if he rocked back up here. He needs a lot more work as a bloke before he becomes a top end player.

I don't know if Dan Ginane is just talking out his ass but apparently Kahu is without an offer at the Cows and might be on his way to reserve grade level Union. Clearly not a soul wants a bar of him. With the state our backline is in, would it not be a decent idea even for a backup option? Clearly he is all but busted but he is experienced and would come on the cheap.

Would he want to come back
I don't know if Dan Ginane is just talking out his ass but apparently Kahu is without an offer at the Cows and might be on his way to reserve grade level Union. Clearly not a soul wants a bar of him. With the state our backline is in, would it not be a decent idea even for a backup option? Clearly he is all but busted but he is experienced and would come on the cheap.

Nah he’ll just be on the sideline again. We already have Bird spending most of his season there, we don’t need another. Jordy will probably go back to InZed and may make a last-ditch shot at becoming an All Black.

Nah he’ll just be on the sideline again. We already have Bird spending most of his season there, we don’t need another. Jordy will probably go back to InZed and may make a last-ditch shot at becoming an All Black.

Lol ****, good luck to him on that score.

Not a chance, he isn't anywhere close to a top 30 squad player let alone a top 17 starter.
We have great depth there for next year and have already signed Jesse Arthars on the cheap. I'll stick to the youth with upside thanks.

Lol ****, good luck to him on that score.
Ye those all blacks are crazy good....... So good in fact that they just lost to a wallabies team featuring some players who wouldn't make the bench of the titans..

But tbh, kahu is shit... So he won't... "We shouldn't have released kahu, Roberts, sua, nikorima, mcguire... " yep, because they've really set the world on fire at other clubs.

Would he want to come back
I reckon he probably would, but only if he had no other options.

We let him go to the cows to give him a chance for a new contract... he's finding out that he's not likely to get one... he was told he would be a reserve grade player here, if he chose to come back he's probably in the same boat.

He needs to start thinking about life after football. He's active on social media and well liked at the club. If he came back on the cheap as a depth player, announced his retirement at the end of 2020 and moved into a media type role (ala JYY)... it could be the best thing for him.

Alternatively he can try and change codes and continue to try and make it as a professional sportsman, with the potential to fall off the face of the earth publicity wise.

FWIW I don't think we need him, but he is well liked around the club and could fill a spiritual role in the squad if Glenn were to move on

Last edited:
I would rather we took a stab at Foran than gambled with Kahu.

Yeah we really gave no need for Jordy at any price. He should try and pick up one of those Japanese rugby contracts.

Foran would be a very good buy on anything under 500k: he’s been one of the form halves this year when he’s played. If he can get assists with some of the donkeys at the Dogs imagine what he could do with our forwards. Even though I rate him, I’d let Bird walk to make it happen, I mean it’s not like Bird is any less injury prone.

Foran would be a very good buy on anything under 500k: he’s been one of the form halves this year when he’s played. If he can get assists with some of the donkeys at the Dogs imagine what he could do with our forwards. Even though I rate him, I’d let Bird walk to make it happen, I mean it’s not like Bird is any less injury prone.

It's a risk but yes I'd do that swap too. Foran would be unbelievable for Deardon or SOS.

Ye those all blacks are crazy good....... So good in fact that they just lost to a wallabies team featuring some players who wouldn't make the bench of the titans..

But tbh, kahu is shit... So he won't... "We shouldn't have released kahu, Roberts, sua, nikorima, mcguire... " yep, because they've really set the world on fire at other clubs.

Kahu been ok up north but he is just too brittle, cant stay fit. The rest you mentioned havent set the world on fire apart from Moose. He has been very good most games for the cows.

Kahu been ok up north but he is just too brittle, cant stay fit. The rest you mentioned havent set the world on fire apart from Moose. He has been very good most games for the cows.
There was a few games when we needed an experienced middle forward but now our pack is our strength. If we kept him we would have lost one of our future star middles and they probably wouldnt have grown to be as good as they are.

There was a few games when we needed an experienced middle forward but now our pack is our strength. If we kept him we would have lost one of our future star middles and they probably wouldnt have grown to be as good as they are.

I'd have actually kept Moose over Joffa tbh. We still have Ethan Bullemor coming through who i think will be a big player for us and i think Moose still has a good 3 or 4 years left in him. By the time Moose finished up, Fleger, Carrigan and Haas would really be hitting their straps big time. He would still have probably left anyway considering the cows contract he is on is about 200-250k more than he was on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Astro
  • Behind enemy lines
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Dazza 92
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.