Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
To begin with the Broncos need to offload Bird, Boyd, Macca.
Milford needs to go back to 6.
Croft/Foran wouldn’t be a bad signing.
I would look at bringing Gagai back to the club to play fullback.

He just need to play similar role as CNK from the Raiders.
Gagai under the bright lights of Suncorp is a different player.
He play his best footy when under pressure.

I think he's past it man. Only turns up for Origin.

Gather Broncs’ greatest sinners - say Julian o’neil and smokin Joe - the conduct a reverse baptism on Folau, bringing him back and solving our fullback issue. Sezer then slotted into halfback with milf outside him.... Pre season begin...

Croft doesn't kick... So that's a hard hard pass!

So, if we resign the likes of Oates in the off season PRIOR to signing a dominant halfback, then this club has lost it. I'd offer him 250k, if not, cya when we play against the cows next year.
I mean we know after last night that the club has lost it, but this would be like lost it, lost it kinda thing.

He just need to play similar role as CNK from the Raiders.
Gagai under the bright lights of Suncorp is a different player.
He play his best footy when under pressure.

if you can work out the schedule that sees Brisbane play every game at Suncorp...then Gagai becomes a must sign...

if you can work out the schedule that sees Brisbane play every game at Suncorp...then Gagai becomes a must sign...

So he plays half a season for Brisbane 1, half for Brisbane 2 and one game for Manly. Simples.

White gone and Boyd gone? Surely not so quickly...

Question - can the Broncs pay out Boyds contract and sack him? Would it still count to the cap over the next two years?

Question - can the Broncs pay out Boyds contract and sack him? Would it still count to the cap over the next two years?
Yes it would. There are loopholes around it but the NRL would make this very hard for us.

Last edited:

Yes, it would. Best thing they can do is just suck up Boyd's contract in 2020, play him in Qld Cup and hope that the noise about having to play +15 NRL games is true for it to activate the 2021 year.

Yes, it would. Best thing they can do is just suck up Boyd's contract in 2020, play him in Qld Cup and hope that the noise about having to play +15 NRL games is true for it to activate the 2021 year.

Poor Q cup team. Just give him the wrong times and dates for flights or something.

We seriously have a side stacked full of talented forwards, some average backs and a non-existent spine. Who the hell is responsible for this frigging mess and spending 500k or some such figure on Offa?! That could have gone towards a decent playmaker. **** me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Mustafur
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Huge
  • Skathen
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.