OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Brent Read on Triple M, we offered to foot 200K, then 300K but St George are still playing hardball saying that’s not enough.

I hate our administration. Shouldn’t even be offering to pay a cent. I’m worked up about this, it’s absolute rubbish a player can take a player option and then ask the club to play part of his salary to play somewhere else.

If we sign Harry Grant out of it, I’ll be over the moon but that is about a 1% chance of happening. More likely we sign Ash Taylor on 1.25 million.

Bird is a superb footy player though. Our biggest mistake was him was to try to get hom into the team before he was properly fit. Things would have been a lot different I reckon if we did that
He was when he last properly played like 3 years ago. Ignoring all the injuries, I still think he was hit and miss in his limited game time here.

I hate our administration. Shouldn’t even be offering to pay a cent. I’m worked up about this, it’s absolute rubbish a player can take a player option and then ask the club to play part of his salary to play somewhere else.

If we sign Harry Grant out of it, I’ll be over the moon but that is about a 1% chance of happening. More likely we sign Ash Taylor on 1.25 million.

depends on whose decision it was to move Bird on.

If it was Bird's ... then I 1000% agree with you

If it was Kevvies ... then we would have to make up the shortfall. the exact same thing as when Bennett moved on Barba and Kennedy when he returned to the club

He was when he last properly played like 3 years ago. Ignoring all the injuries, I still think he was hit and miss in his limited game time here.

I still believe he suffered playing unfit. Totally agree he was hit and miss, but that was more down to what we did with him rather than him just being ordinary. Once we knew he had that sternum issue, we should have just got it fixed and let him get fit.

Agree that there is no point releasing him and paying some of his freight UNLESS there is a very good replacement who we buy with his money. I

f he goes then who are our centres for the first 15 rounds next year?

Maybe the club are entertaining the idea because they are trying to free that cash for something 🤔

Brenko Lee is playing centre in the grand final and could get picked at centre for QLD. He’s off contract at Storm after this year. Would you sign him?
I think he would be one if those great at Melbourne but not anywhere else

Agree that there is no point releasing him and paying some of his freight UNLESS there is a very good replacement who we buy with his money. I

f he goes then who are our centres for the first 15 rounds next year?
Unless they use the money to hold on Haas or Staggs

not under a 10 million dollar salary cap.

you need good quality props to set the platform for your halves to thrive. and you need to pay for quality
The cap is shrinking next year which will hurt us given the overs most of our players are on

think if the cap shrinks the players contracts shrink also,part of the last deal the rlpa did.

The cap is shrinking next year which will hurt us given the overs most of our players are on
It won't make a difference. It's 10% across the board so it'll be the same situation with players getting 10% less.

It is only dropping by 10% ... that'll hurt other clubs much more than it will hurt us ...

It may actually benefit us since other clubs may have to release players to get under the new cap

It is only dropping by 10% ... that'll hurt other clubs much more than it will hurt us ...

It may actually benefit us since other clubs may have to release players to get under the new cap
I believe everyone's salary just goes down by 10%, I don't think it'll make a difference to the player market.

We should only consider releasing him if it would strengthen our team. If releasing him could get us a top tier 1 or 9 that would make sense (but there are not any on the market or on the outer at their club). The only other real reason i would consider it is if we could get a couple decent mid-range reliable players where we are weak (centre and second row). I know other posters have high opinions of whare as a centre and capewell as second row. I do have to say, watching tonight's game, capewell hits holes for his halves.

Last edited:
I’d be happy for us to swap bird with dufty +200k our way.
Edit: or I’d be happy with a Lomax swap

Last edited:
We can’t afford to let him leave if we aren’t replacing him with someone worthwhile. This is what Seibold did when he let a bunch of people go to replace them with nobodies he had coached before that nobody else wanted to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Santa
  • Fatboy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lurker
  • maddo
  • BroncosAlways
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Hurrijo
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.