OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifita, Boyd, Bird gone. We have at least a million in the cap, I'd guess closer to 1.3. Just enough to cover getting Ben Hunt back.
I find it funny that we lose Boyd, fifita and bird and we have no money. Are the media suggesting that we were HOPING to release contracted players if these players stayed on AS PLANNED? That's over $2 million in contract3d player right there. Even if the club was/is the most incompetent sports administration team of all time you'd expect that's give us AT LEAST $1 million to spend.

Whereas souffs have 17 out of form players medically retire, or the roosters buy the reigning dally m player every year and no one in thebmefia says shit and the NRL dont even look into it..

SCRAP THE FUCKING SALARY CAP, IT IS HOLDING THE GAME BACK AND IS MANIPULATED NON-STOP

The experience would be amazing BUT this team needs strong defenders from 1-17 before even thinking about attack. I like him as an option but I think the cons outweigh the pros...

For me, factoring in value for money I'd be looking at Capewell (although his cost may have went up after origin unfortunately), asiata (not a massive fan but I can appreciate that they are trying to give us more diversity in the middle and he's a strong defender), drinkwater (I'd take him over Allen by a long margin, but he's more likely if we target 2022 with a hope for an early release), Elijah Taylor (cheap, strong defemder, bit of ball playing, experienced), Copley (depth, cheap, good attitude)...

Id also chuck in gagai if a decent chunk of his wage got paid (possibility due to souffs cap troubles, although Roberts sacrificing***** his contract frees up their cash *cough nothing suss AGAIN for souffs NRL cough*.. I know he doesn't play AS WELL at club level but he is turning into a bit of a QLD legend, someone that the young guys might look up to and he might turn in some stronger performances playing in the Broncos jersey at Suncorp anyway), and grant is a pipe dream, won't happen (but I also think turpin is NOT A BAD OPTION AT ALL, he hardly played last year and when he did he was obviously injured or not fully fit/recovering. He will run the ball more when he is fully fit).

If we got ALL of the above players I'd be willing to let go of Macca (great attitude and defence but 600,000 for a back up hooker with no impact off the bench... no), oates (he may recapture his form someday but I don't think it will be at the Broncos, seems to have a poor attitude), bird (gone already, would have liked to have kept him but not for the money he was on and not if we can get another player out of it, purely due to the risk of injury (he won't get one now for the rest of his career I bet lol)), ofa (see oates above). The above together with whatever we had set aside for fifita (we may have had 750 but no way we had nothing despite the media bs), and boyds retirement would allow us to buy the other players with some shrewd accounting. If it isn't, and only if we could get all of the above, I'd try get something for lodge. I like him and he will be great again, ppl forget how good he was for us and how much he helped haas, but he's on a bit of coin, may be wanted, and I think Walter's way of coaching could be helped by having more queenslanders in the team (Walter's will push identity and passion). Trheres no way of re-sign luke, teo I would.

Also, for re-signings, I'd prioritise dearden over staggs. Premiership teams are built around spine players, not highlight reel players. You need players like staggs to win them but you don't build the team around them.

We need to stop trying to sign superstars and think about value for money. The superstars haven't worked for us for literally decades. Develop the superstars, buy the solid and reliable first graders to help them develop...
Can't argue with any of that :)

I find it funny that we lose Boyd, fifita and bird and we have no money. Are the media suggesting that we were HOPING to release contracted players if these players stayed on AS PLANNED? That's over $2 million in contract3d player right there. Even if the club was/is the most incompetent sports administration team of all time you'd expect that's give us AT LEAST $1 million to spend.

Whereas souffs have 17 out of form players medically retire, or the roosters buy the reigning dally m player every year and no one in thebmefia says shit and the NRL dont even look into it..

SCRAP THE FUCKING SALARY CAP, IT IS HOLDING THE GAME BACK AND IS MANIPULATED NON-STOP
Or we could just manage our salary cap a lot better.

[OFFICIAL] Parramatta Eels add four players to its 2021 NRL squad
Keegan Hipgrave has also agreed to a one-year deal with a Club option for 2022.

Phew

Are you being sarcastic?? God I hope your being sarcastic
Please, tell me. Is it for competition? There has been more diversity in the English premier league champions then in the NRL for the last 20 years. So it can't be that.
I believe it was actually originally brought in to stop poorer clubs from overspending and going broke. So if these clubs can't manage themselves and they don't have enough money to keep up, why are they in the NRL?
So what's the purpose of it. I'd love to hear the justification... small clubs with small fan numbers winning premierships does not grow the game. This "it's gotta be fair" (even though it doesn't achieve this) Australian sport mentality is bs. A major reason soccer continues to grow despite it being the most popular sport in the world by a LARGE MARGIN is bcos the POPULAR TEAMS WITH LOTS OF FANS WIN.

Telegraph in Sydney is reporting that Will Chambers will be back in the NRL next year.

Please, tell me. Is it for competition? There has been more diversity in the English premier league champions then in the NRL for the last 20 years. So it can't be that.
I believe it was actually originally brought in to stop poorer clubs from overspending and going broke. So if these clubs can't manage themselves and they don't have enough money to keep up, why are they in the NRL?
So what's the purpose of it. I'd love to hear the justification... small clubs with small fan numbers winning premierships does not grow the game. This "it's gotta be fair" (even though it doesn't achieve this) Australian sport mentality is bs. A major reason soccer continues to grow despite it being the most popular sport in the world by a LARGE MARGIN is bcos the POPULAR TEAMS WITH LOTS OF FANS WIN.
Smaller clubs already don’t win premierships... the point of a salary cap is so clubs like us don’t excel majorly over other teams... otherwise we’d have no issue keeping players

Fifita, Boyd, Bird gone. We have at least a million in the cap, I'd guess closer to 1.3. Just enough to cover getting Ben Hunt back.

What ever happened to that ash Taylor war chest? Did we blow it on bird?

Good god, why would we move Staggs to left center. He just isnt that effective there. His defence is even worse there than on the right. I dont see us signing Gagai at all. I'd love to be wrong, but i dont see us paying big money for him at his age with the way our cap is, and i dont see Souths paying something like 40% of his contract like we are doing with Bird.

Good god, why would we move Staggs to left center. He just isnt that effective there. His defence is even worse there than on the right. I dont see us signing Gagai at all. I'd love to be wrong, but i dont see us paying big money for him at his age with the way our cap is, and i dont see Souths paying something like 40% of his contract like we are doing with Bird.
How do you know what we are paying for Bird? Source?

If we are paying that much of Bird's contract, I am just about done with this sport and with our management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.