OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Kevvie is trying to get Chambers to the club. Has publicly stated he will be looking for a centre now bird is gone and staggs will miss a chunk of the year.

Was this a joke or are you being serious??

Eyebrow

Mansour isn't happy. Two year contract, he's a tough competitor who will want to prove Penrith wrong. Make it happen, we desperately need a solid winger because Oates isn't.

Stats for 2020:
4th for run metres
5th for post contact metres
1st for linebreaks
2nd for total runs

He's still well and truly got it.

Last edited:

Mansour isn't happy. Two year contract, he's a tough competitor who will want to prove Penrith wrong. Make it happen, we desperately need a solid winger because Oates isn't.

Stats for 2020:
4th for run metres
5th for post contact metres
1st for linebreaks
2nd for total runs

He's still well and truly got it.
Sauce would definitely be a rolled gold vet to bring in like BMoz, JMoz, etc. but his price tag isn't bottom dollar.

I think he's reported to be on $500k-$600k at Penrith. You'd think Penrith have to chip some in, but at minimum he'd probably be looking for $400k 2-3yr contract.

I think he'll have plenty of suitors in the same way that Fergo had suitors when he moved teams after 30.

Not sure we will be able to convince him to come up north without blowing the bank on him

Last edited:
O’Sullivan has apparently signed with the Warriors Lodge is his Brother in law no? Could follow him?

O’Sullivan’s dad is the recruitment guy there so you never know.
I hope they move him on

Good Riddance to Bird. Gotta be up there with the worst Broncos to ever pull on the jersey. Not entirely his fault of course, but getting paid close to a mill to be a passenger is brutal.
Are we talking like Martin Kennedy and Joel Clinton, can't think of any worse signings for the money, although I could be wrong, whats the bet Brodie Croft gets a mention

5 to 600 k for Mansour? That's chooks like accounting if true.

He will more than likely end up at Parra, Tigers or Canterbury with Baz.
He is a solid 350K player for 2 seasons but beyond that we bring on youth. The next 2 years we are bringing in our youth and learning about them as well as learning how to stay in games and not lose badly.
Cusp of the 8 with signs of life are all I'm hoping for, find out who to ditch and who we need to buy and try to get our club back to being the BRISBANE Broncos, a Qld club.
Kevvie has his work cut out.

Last edited:
Please, tell me. Is it for competition? There has been more diversity in the English premier league champions then in the NRL for the last 20 years. So it can't be that.
I believe it was actually originally brought in to stop poorer clubs from overspending and going broke. So if these clubs can't manage themselves and they don't have enough money to keep up, why are they in the NRL?
So what's the purpose of it. I'd love to hear the justification... small clubs with small fan numbers winning premierships does not grow the game. This "it's gotta be fair" (even though it doesn't achieve this) Australian sport mentality is bs. A major reason soccer continues to grow despite it being the most popular sport in the world by a LARGE MARGIN is bcos the POPULAR TEAMS WITH LOTS OF FANS WIN.

Since the EPL started in 1992- seven winners. Over the same time frame the NRL has had 13.

It's not to protect the poor clubs, Australian sport just doesn't have the money to do whatever they want. NRL wouldn't have a single club within a a few years if they didn't have a cap.

When there was no cap for a short period of time in the late 1990's the Broncos had to get News to pay the player's wages, they couldn't afford it.

Unfortunately the cap is necessary in Australia, isnt enough dollars to support unlimited.

Mansour at 450 year 1, 350 for year 2, plus 1 year review club favour. Move oates onto bench or back row interchange - bulk him up a bit fitness wise.

Kevvie planning to roll out this side next year?

1. Shearer
2. W.Sailor
3. De Vere
4. Inglis
5. Hancock
6. Kevvie
7. Alfie
8. Lazarus
9. S.Walters
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Thaiday
13. T.Matterson

14. J.Hetherington
15. Carlaw
16. Cann
17. Miles

What could go wrong?
Nothing, even at their current age we make the top 8

Sauce would definitely be a rolled gold vet to bring in like BMoz, JMoz, etc. but his price tag isn't bottom dollar.

I think he's reported to be on $500k-$600k at Penrith. You'd think Penrith have to chip some in, but at minimum he'd probably be looking for $400k 2-3yr contract.

I think he'll have plenty of suitors in the same way that Fergo had suitors when he moved teams after 30.

Not sure we will be able to convince him to come up north without blowing the bank on him
Yeah whether we can bring him to Brisbane is another discussion to be had, Bulldogs would be mad to not chase him and a few clubs would want him.

Salary doesn't mean much, even if he's on 800k, if Penrith said he won't play next year then they'll cover whatever his salary is, so on the books we could probably get him for 300k next year. I'd happily pay 400k for the second year.

To go a bit left field, maybe he could play fullback too? He'd be a fit strong runner of the ball who looks for work. I reckon he'd be far better than whatever other options we have at fullback which is Niu and Isaako? If Allan does become a possibility though than that gets thrown out the window.

There's a few ways our backline could go next year. There's no way we go into 2021 without making some outside signings, I think we've got plenty under the cap but the club won't say it so player agents don't get greedy.
1. Allan/Mansour
2. Isaako/Coates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Mansour/Oates/Arthars

Randomly moving on players is what Seibold did and then we were just left with a bunch of rookies. Don't make the same mistake again, no point letting them go yet unless there's a decent replacement lined up.

Since the EPL started in 1992- seven winners. Over the same time frame the NRL has had 13.

It's not to protect the poor clubs, Australian sport just doesn't have the money to do whatever they want. NRL wouldn't have a single club within a a few years if they didn't have a cap.

When there was no cap for a short period of time in the late 1990's the Broncos had to get News to pay the player's wages, they couldn't afford it.

Hard to compare the Premier league to the NRL anyway imo. Its structured in a very different way, the best team over 38 games doesn't then have to go on and compete in another mini competition resulting in a grand final to prove they were the best team. They also have 2 separate domestic cup competitions, plus 6 teams generally compete in European competition as well. You also have 92 full time professional football clubs which obviously is vastly different from here in the NRL. Plus International football on top of all that.

In all honesty, with the money thrown around the game in England, its amazing there have actually been 7 winners when there are football clubs who just have so much more money than others. Its a far more enjoyable and competitive competition than the NRL imo. I do think some sort of cap would help to a point

On top of all that, all this " EPL " nonsense really annoys me. Football has been played in England for over 130 years. Football existed before the Premier league. Just because the FA broke away from the Football league it doesnt mean that all that history should be whitewashed, and it does appear that way that its happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • whykickamoocow
  • Ondi
  • porouian
  • broncotville
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • Fitzy
  • Socnorb
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.