OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circumstances were a bit different last time though. We had two media conglomerates prepared to pay almost anything to win the broadcasting war.

That's scares me more, two savvy business men with empires couldn't keep costs down and sustain the wages but now in 2020 NRL CEO's and players won't be ridiculous and greedy- every player will just be happy with what they have.

Clubs couldn't even hold off sacking staff earlier this year, they had to get costs down straight away. Broncos included- How are they going to go if wages increase fives times the current wage?

Now that we have a bit of dosh up our sleeve, we need to go hard at Mansour, not just for his experience in the backline which we are DESPERATE for, but also to get Oates either into the 2nd row permanently or out of the club. Which one that ends up being is up to him, because he needs to have a huuuge season next year in either position to survive beyond it.

Now that we have a bit of dosh up our sleeve, we need to go hard at Mansour, not just for his experience in the backline which we are DESPERATE for, but also to get Oates either into the 2nd row permanently or out of the club. Which one that ends up being is up to him, because he needs to have a huuuge season next year in either position to survive beyond it.
Whilst I'm not a big fan of getting him (cost too much and I think queenslanders will suit Walter's coaching style (passion ik the jersey)) we do need our back 3, and back 5 to lesser extent yo really pick uup their game getting our side out of our own end.
With the rule changes it was no surprise that the top teams (Penrith especially) had exceptional metres out of trouble from their back 3/5.
I'm also not a fan of getting chambers (defence is a big worry, was hidden in the storm system but it would get highlighted more in our team) but his dummy half metres would be fantastic. He d also provide a bit of bastardness and will to win. Still, don't want him having said all that. Could just understand why they're looking at him...

Whilst mansour would be a positive addition, he would not be on my radar. A bit rich for a winger, i think we have to review how we use the cap (700k for a prop , 600k for a prop/second rower and 600k for a one dimensional hooker, 900k for a centre etc when we dont have a full back, controlling half etc.). We need to prioritise at least couple of top tier spine players that we build a team around with value for money signings and home grown talent.

Top tier spine players are not available this year (i would be leaking to grant now our heavy interest and available cash) but we could realistically bolster our team for next year with a good couple of value for money signings. I would be looking at allan, capewell and leutele.

Are they world beaters? Perhaps no, but i think they will be a move towards greater balance in our team.

Whilst I'm not a big fan of getting him (cost too much and I think queenslanders will suit Walter's coaching style (passion ik the jersey)) we do need our back 3, and back 5 to lesser extent yo really pick uup their game getting our side out of our own end.
With the rule changes it was no surprise that the top teams (Penrith especially) had exceptional metres out of trouble from their back 3/5.
I'm also not a fan of getting chambers (defence is a big worry, was hidden in the storm system but it would get highlighted more in our team) but his dummy half metres would be fantastic. He d also provide a bit of bastardness and will to win. Still, don't want him having said all that. Could just understand why they're looking at him...

Chambers for 12 months if his contract was cheap enough wouldnt be the end of the world.

Kevvie planning to roll out this side next year?

1. Shearer
2. W.Sailor
3. De Vere
4. Inglis
5. Hancock
6. Kevvie
7. Alfie
8. Lazarus
9. S.Walters
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Thaiday
13. T.Matterson

14. J.Hetherington
15. Carlaw
16. Cann
17. Miles

What could go wrong?
No room for Kerrod? That's rough. Surely Steve could move to lock and kerrod could give him a spell.
Better stock up on the prune juice and set aside a couple of hours each session to warm up (they could take a leaf out of siebold and do it to music, maybe Buddy Holly?)

Whilst mansour would be a positive addition, he would not be on my radar. A bit rich for a winger, i think we have to review how we use the cap (700k for a prop , 600k for a prop/second rower and 600k for a one dimensional hooker, 900k for a centre etc when we dont have a full back, controlling half etc.). We need to prioritise at least couple of top tier spine players that we build a team around with value for money signings and home grown talent.

Top tier spine players are not available this year (i would be leaking to grant now our heavy interest and available cash) but we could realistically bolster our team for next year with a good couple of value for money signings. I would be looking at allan, capewell and leutele.

Are they world beaters? Perhaps no, but i think they will be a move towards greater balance in our team.

A lot of people thought we were at where the panthers are at now. A young team full, bursting with talent that will trouble the comp and only get better with experience. The unfortunate truth is, we are in the position the panthers were 8 years ago.

Talented youngsters with no experience and an abundance of clubsmen who have become stale at the club. The panthers in a few seasons moved on a gang of huge names in Luke Lewis, Michael Jennings, Luke Walsh, Lachlan Coote, Tim Grab, amongst others and began a complete overhaul of the club culture, team, and staff. Only now over half a decade later are the reaping the on field rewards.

It could be a long road ahead.

I find it funny that we lose Boyd, fifita and bird and we have no money. Are the media suggesting that we were HOPING to release contracted players if these players stayed on AS PLANNED? That's over $2 million in contract3d player right there. Even if the club was/is the most incompetent sports administration team of all time you'd expect that's give us AT LEAST $1 million to spend.

Whereas souffs have 17 out of form players medically retire, or the roosters buy the reigning dally m player every year and no one in thebmefia says shit and the NRL dont even look into it..

SCRAP THE FUCKING SALARY CAP, IT IS HOLDING THE GAME BACK AND IS MANIPULATED NON-STOP
If it's manipulated non stop as you say isn't that exactly the same as it not existing? (scrapped)

If it's manipulated non stop as you say isn't that exactly the same as it not existing? (scrapped)
Manipulation of the salary cap by executives has nothing to do with no salary cap. No salary cap means the fans have a say in the outcome when they invest in membership by providing more money for the club to spend on players. The manipulation at the moment is just who has the avenues to do so (a billionaire who has a strong passion for the club and doesn't have to answer to shareholders, or a favourable outlook from the NRL on medical retirements).
People joke about the roosters and souths getting away with stuff, and the storm having the ability to keep 3 highly sought after dummy halfs even with an extensive history of salary cap rotting but people just gloss over the fact that they all have billionaires PRIVATELY invested in their clubs. Do people honestly think billionaires would sit there and watch their teams lose and then go and play by the salary cap rules of an organisation that is worth a 10th of their value? The titans suddenly have expert cap management, a couple years after Darryl Kelly and Rebecca frizzle buy into it again/now. They are planning to sell it eventually back to the community. They'd double their earnings with a successful club, in sure they play by the rules lol. The warriors are privately owned too, they seem to always be offering overs for players. Why is it always the same clubs I wonder...

Last edited:
Chambers for 12 months if his contract was cheap enough wouldnt be the end of the world.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I can't believe people were so quick to dismiss him.

He's far from ideal but it's still better than playing whatever random Backrower we have lying around in the Centres when one of our starting options inevitably gets injured. We're already down Staggs and now Bird, we're in absolutely no position to be turning our nose up at the likes of Chambers.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I can't believe people were so quick to dismiss him.

He's far from ideal but it's still better than playing whatever random Backrower we have lying around in the Centres when one of our starting options inevitably gets injured. We're already down Staggs and now Bird, we're in absolutely no position to be turning our nose up at the likes of Chambers.
Well he is a NT boy so he can certainly handle the heat! Pun intended.

The one player who looked shit even in the Melbourne system and cost them a grand final by being a ball hog, signing him at 33 after playing in some random rugby competition doesn't sound like a great idea. Never rated Chambers, and I will puke a little if I have to cheer him on.

Last edited:
The one player who looked shit even in the Melbourne system and cost them a grand final by being a ball hog, signing him at 33 after playing in some random rugby competition doesn't sound like a great idea. Never rated Chambers, and I will puke a little if I have to cheer him on.
Right, and that's why as I said, he's far from ideal, but he's still a Centre better option than a spare Backrower playing out of position, which is almost certainly what we're going to see at some point next season if we do not recruit to improve our Centre depth urgently.

Right, and that's why as I said, he's far from ideal, but he's still a Centre better option than a spare Backrower playing out of position, which is almost certainly what we're going to see at some point next season if we do not recruit to improve our Centre depth urgently.

Well there is still Whare and I'd much prefer him over Chambers, would be cheaper too. Or if we are going old, over the hill centre, then yeah, go with Inglis.

On top of all that, all this " EPL " nonsense really annoys me. Football has been played in England for over 130 years. Football existed before the Premier league. Just because the FA broke away from the Football league it doesnt mean that all that history should be whitewashed, and it does appear that way that its happening.
thank fkn christ you said it, saved me a post.

I'd rather give Tesi a go at centre, or Alfy. Just anyone but Chambers.

I'd rather give Tesi a go at centre, or Alfy. Just anyone but Chambers.
With Bird now gone Tesi would have to be close to our first choice option. I'm concerned about what happens when that already incredibly thin depth gets tested when these guys inevitably break down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • marw
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • jarro65
  • Sproj
  • RodF
  • Tim K
  • azza.79
  • Strop
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.