OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Isaako was one of the players who really could’ve used being dropped to reserves to recapture some confidence and form.
What reserves??!! It doesn’t exist

If he's available, yes. Personally I would prefer RTS but Teddy is a premiership winner. You would obviously put the feelers out if you were the club, but gaining him would probably rule out Grant.
You lot all live in fairy land don’t you... we just got the wooden spoon and you think the past 2 dally m winners and most likely current rookie of the year will want to come here... we have about 10% chance of getting grant and the other 2 we have 0% chance of getting

Last edited:
You lot all live in fairy land don’t you... we just got the wooden spoon and you think the past 2 dally m winners and most likely current rookie of the year will want to come here... we have about 10% chance of getting grant and the other 2 we have 0% chance of getting

Money talks. Why would Fifita go to the Titans, a proven perpetual club of losers if not for the $$$? Jarryd Hayne could have gone to any club he wanted after he returned yet he did the same thing. Valentine Holmes went to the Cows despite them clearly heading into a lean period post JT, and I very much doubt he went there for the humidity or the Townsville nightlife.

Money talks. Why would Fifita go to the Titans, a proven perpetual club of losers if not for the $$$? Jarryd Hayne could have gone to any club he wanted after he returned yet he did the same thing. Valentine Holmes went to the Cows despite them clearly heading into a lean period post JT, and I very much doubt he went there for the humidity or the Townsville nightlife.
You lot fucken whinge about overpaying for players and yet that’s what you want to fucking do... like **** me you lot are hypocrites... talk shit about every staffer known to man than go and suggest the same shit they’ve been doing to be criticised in the first place

You lot fucken whinge about overpaying for players and yet that’s what you want to fucking do... like **** me you lot are hypocrites... talk shit about every staffer known to man than go and suggest the same shit they’ve been doing to be criticised in the first place

What? There is no "overpaying" if the player is a proven talent in a position that the team needs. I don't know if you've noticed, but we kind of really need a fullback and a hooker right now, and of course people would prefer those positions be filled with the best talent possible that is available, and they will never, ever come cheap.

The days of players taking unders to come to the Broncos for the sake of playing for the Broncos are long over. The point is the big money needs to be spent wisely, not spending 900k on fucking Jack Bird, or renewing Darius Boyd on 800k a year when he was clearly over the hill.

Last edited:

The Broncos ranked second in this year’s NRL players’ poll on the question ‘If you had to leave your club, which team would you want to sign with?’
The Broncos also lured the current CEO of arguably the best current NRL club to leave that club and join them from 2021 onwards.
Yes, the Broncos are currently on the biggest downswing of their existence, but one thing that seems to have been forgotten in all this is the 30 years of consistent excellence, as an organisation, that preceded 2019 & 2020.
Sure the Broncos have been overtaken by a few clubs on the football front over the last few years but the club is still a powerhouse, as a whole and the clever people out there realise that organisations which are as financially strong and well resourced as the Broncos are, don't stay down for long.

Last edited:

RTS initially left the Roosters to go to the perennial under achievers ... and has barely played finals footy since

Grant just went to the Tigers, who I can't remember the last time they played finals footy

Fifita just signed with the Titans, who are experts in winning the wooden spoon

Ponga went to the Knights coming off three wooden spoon seasons

we may have sucked this year ... but unlike most wooden spoon teams, we don't need massive corrective surgery

Last edited:
RTS initially left the Roosters to go to the perennial under achievers ... and has barely played finals footy since

Grant just went to the Tigers, who I can remember the last time they played finals footy

Fifita just signed with the Titans, who are experts in winning the wooden spoon

Ponga went to the Knights coming off three wooden spoon seasons

we may have sucked this year ... but unlike most wooden spoon teams, we don't need massive corrective surgery
RTS is a kiwi and went to the NZ team citing homesickness, hardly a shock. Grant and Ponga were both not established players (2 and 9 games) before going to either of those sides. Fifita was also only a 2 club race, not the frenzy that would surround Grant and Tedesco.

I'd be giving isaako another crack with a coach that is looking to play attacking football and not one that forbid him to pass the ball.
I doubt seibold told him not to pass the ball
Isaako if anything needs to pull his finger out of his ass and he counted
He been shit for the past 2 years

**** that seibold......isaako told not to pass...boyd told not to tackle...oates told not to catch or leave his wing😳
If Oates was told not to leave his wing than he didn’t listen.

Other than that try against the roosters and some goal kicking, what else has he done? I’m not ready to call him a gun yet.

He isnt a gun. His game is pretty much the same as it was when he played at fullback regularly for Souths. He can goal kick, thats his main weapon. Apart from the Roosters game he has pretty much done nothing. I'd say he is a worse version of Josh Hoffman, but one who can kick goals. If this about Seibold telling him not to pass is true ( and i dont think it is ) its probably because he hasnt shown he has any ball playing skills, at least not in the 4 years i've been watching him. On top of that, for a player of his size you dont see him hit the line with any real venom.

Its pretty hilarious to me how freely the term gun player is thrown around on here. You only have to have a bit of hype or do one good thing and suddenly you turn into a gun footballer.

I doubt seibold told him not to pass the ball
Isaako if anything needs to pull his finger out of his ass and he counted
He been shit for the past 2 years
He's has some personal stuff that's genuine. Has been hot and cold. Also guilty of a dumb play. If he gets that out of his game and matures mentally I think he has upside

He’s actually thrown a couple of good passes from the wing. If no outside options arrive Isaako would be my pick for first crack.

Thats not saying a lot for a bloke who has probably player around 60 games.

Saying all that, i think if we accept his limitations he is a solid enough option short term. I've come around thinking Herbie may be our best current option though as he just brings more energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Rambstien
  • Morkel
  • thenry
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • kiwibronco
  • something
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.