OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the numbers mate, they don't lie and they show over a number of years including this one that he's amongst the hardest working Wingers in the competition. The guys is never not working the ball out of his own end on nearly every set and he's generally a tackle breaking machine. To call him soft or useless is frankly a very, very long way off the mark.

Have you ever watched Sauce play?

**** me dead you're on drugs.

Did he watch a single bronco game this year? I don’t think Mansour would be setting new records for softness and uselessness.

I don't know what games you blokes are watching but all I ever see from this bloke is:

- Him getting absolutely belted making no ground trying to bring the ball out of his own half. You all whinge about Isaako getting monstered but Mansour makes it an art.

- Him getting beaten comfortably in the air by anyone who can jump more than a foot off the ground.

- Getting bulldozed or shrugged off in embarrasing tackle attempts

Sure he scores some points and yes the bloke clearly tries and works very hard, but I certainly don't think he's someone we should be chasing. As pointed out above, we have plenty of soft, useless players as is.

I don't mind Copley as a culture and depth signing.
I'm begging you, please, just go and have a look at the last time he managed to play 20 games in the same season, then read my comment again.

I'm not saying he's a terrible player, but he's been playing since 2009 and in 11 seasons he's not yet managed to play 150 games and I'm sure you can do the maths on what that looks like as an average.

I'm begging you, please, just go and have a look at the last time he managed to play 20 games in the same season, then read my comment again.

I'm not saying he's a terrible player, but he's been playing since 2009 and in 11 seasons he's not yet managed to play 150 games and I'm sure you can do the maths on what that looks like as an average.

not all of that is due to injury though ... some of it is due to other players being preferred over him

not all of that is due to injury though ... some of it is due to other players being preferred over him

“it’s not all due to injury. Sometimes he wasn’t good enough to make the team!”

That just made me laugh. I like Copley as a bloke and he makes decent depth of he’s cheap enough.

I don't know what games you blokes are watching but all I ever see from this bloke is:

- Him getting absolutely belted making no ground trying to bring the ball out of his own half. You all whinge about Isaako getting monstered but Mansour makes it an art.

- Him getting beaten comfortably in the air by anyone who can jump more than a foot off the ground.

- Getting bulldozed or shrugged off in embarrasing tackle attempts

Sure he scores some points and yes the bloke clearly tries and works very hard, but I certainly don't think he's someone we should be chasing. As pointed out above, we have plenty of soft, useless players as is.
I'm going to say it again, go and check the numbers because they just don't support what you're saying.

- 182 Run Metres averaged in 2020, which is Penrith (the 17 game winning streak Minor Premiers) best RM averge after Edwards. That makes him number 9 overall in the NRL this year and Edwards was number 4. He has a career average of 165 Run Metres a game too, so this is no massive outlier season for him either.

- He's number 3 in the entire competition for All Runs. Only Tedesco and JFH have run the ball more in 2020.

- He's number 5 in the entire NRL for post contact metres averaged too, so the whole 'he gets monstered in tackles' is just completely and utterly not supported by facts at all. The four players above him are all Middle Forwards by the way, so compared to other Wingers he's in an absolute league of his own. His closest Winger for comparison's sake is noted running machine Fergo all the way back at number 19.

- He's number 3 in the entire NRL for Linebreaks this year, behind only Alex Johnston.

I accept people see things differently in games and that's all fine, but some of the things you're suggesting in this case are just not supported factually by any stats at all and in fact the majority of his numbers are the polar opposite of how you're seeing it.

Where can I se examples of this?

Also, surely his Wikipedia photo is a ghee up 😂

68BDC7DA 2BC5 4EFE ABCE 46DECF4029EB

So let me get this straight, it's not an issue because in the games he wasn't outright injured for, he was being overlooked for by other players in a team that during his time there collected wooden spoons for fun.

Sure sounds like quality to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Behold
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Financeguy
  • Swordfish
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.