OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dale doesn't need to be particularly good though, he just needs to be a cheap reliable guy to help show the younger blokes how to train properly and keep their heads bolted on, play qcup and keep ready to come into the 17 when injury and suspension take out our better players.

Dale doesn't need to be particularly good though, he just needs to be a cheap reliable guy to help show the younger blokes how to train properly and keep their heads bolted on, play qcup and keep ready to come into the 17 when injury and suspension take out our better players.
That's my argument though, he isn't reliable because either his body isn't good enough or his form isn't good enough or usually both. You can't help cover injuries and suspensions when you're generally the one getting injured.

1. Kurtis Rowe
2. Jason Saab
3. Dean Whare / Dale Copley
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford --> Billy Walters (2022)
7. Thomas Dearden

Last edited:
1. Kurtis Rowe
2. Jason Saab
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Thomas Dearden
At least Whare is missing selection for the team at the top of the table, unlike Copley who is missing them for the team generally running at the bottom.

1. Kurtis Rowe
2. Jason Saab
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Thomas Dearden
Looks alright, but imo Herbie still deserves a spot somewhere in the backline.

Looks alright, but imo Herbie still deserves a spot somewhere in the backline.
Geez I did forget Herbie. I'd like us to turn him into a fullback if we can. He'd be similar to Gutho I reckon. But he'd probably be on the left wing instead of Saab. Doubt we would get Saab.

1. Herbie Farnworth
2. Jason Saab / another signing
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
7. Thomas Dearden

Or

1. Kurtis Rowe
2. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
7. Thomas Dearden

Last edited:
Geez I did forget Herbie. I'd like us to turn him into a fullback if we can. He'd be similar to Gutho I reckon. But he'd probably be on the left wing instead of Saab. Doubt we would get Saab.

1. French
2. Mansour
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Coates

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
1. French
2. Mansour
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Coates

🤷‍♂️
Hahah do we really want the sauce? I dunno about that one. Surely he'd be over priced now? We'd be buying him at his peak? Not the smartest move?

French looks okay there but personally I think the Kangaroo Catcher is a better player. He'd be a cult hero at the Broncos if he played fullback for us.

Last edited:
1. Kurtis Rowe
2. Jason Saab
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
7. Thomas Dearden

for a start Saab is leaving the Dragons because he didn't want to commute the distance to wollongong ... he won't be moving to Brisbane

That's my argument though, he isn't reliable because either his body isn't good enough or his form isn't good enough or usually both. You can't help cover injuries and suspensions when you're generally the one getting injured.
Can't get injured if you're not playing first grade but hehe. It would be interesting to see what his injury rate has been at the Titans. With his form the Dropley I remember probably wouldn't win you a game but also wouldn't lose it for you either, although I might just be looking at history with rose tinted glasses. Ultimately I see his signing in the same way, he's not going to save our team but he's also not going to sink it, that's assuming he's here on a cheap deal because he wants to stay in Brisbane. It's just filler to round out the top 30, if he's in the 17 more often than not Kevvie's either one hell of a coach or we're in a serious spot of bother.

for a start Saab is leaving the Dragons because he didn't want to commute the distance to wollongong ... he won't be moving to Brisbane
Woops! Fair call haha. I just want two big wingers! (Oates is a backrower, he doesn't count)

Last edited:
Woops! Fair call haha. I just want two big wingers! (Oates is a backrower, he doesn't count)

We wouldn't dare sign Edrick Lee would we? hahaha

If we're honestly looking at recruiting a Fullback then the one we might be a realistic chance of getting in the box seat for is likely to be Corey Allan.

If we're honestly looking at recruiting a Fullback then the one we might be a realistic chance of getting in the box seat for is likely to be Corey Allan.
I agree. I don't see who else would beat us to him.

As he's just made the Origin Camp you could argue we'd be buying him at his peak too.
Everyone knows he's not earned it hahaha. QLD lack wingers with Holmes and Feldt out and Gagai shifting to centre. His peak wouldn't really cost much anyway would it? Plus our current winger beat him in making the side and he's only played 15 or so NRL games..

Last edited:
Everyone knows he's not earned it hahaha. QLD lack wingers with Holmes and Feldt out and Gagai shifting to centre. His peak wouldn't really cost much anyway would it?
Whether he's earned it or not, that doesn't change the fact this would now be his peak contract time in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ivanhungryjak
  • LittleDavey
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Waynesaurus
  • vertigo
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Yem
  • Old Mate
  • mieko
  • Bronco bob
  • Brocko
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 72 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.