OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether he's earned it or not, that doesn't change the fact this would now be his peak contract time in his career.
350k max is what I would offer him. All good if he doesn't accept it.

I would've signed him 5 years ago. Sadly hasn't really developed since then.
I remember going out to Penrith Stadium to watch the inaugural NYC Origin game and QLD were soundly beaten but the two massive shining lights for them that night were our Centre pairing who had big wraps on them and looked set for huge careers... Tautau Moga and Edrick Lee.

I would've signed him 5 years ago. Sadly hasn't really developed since then.
I actually thought he has filled out recently and is more impactful with his kick returns. I think he gets a few more metres these days.

I remember going out to Penrith Stadium to watch the inaugural NYC Origin game and QLD were soundly beaten but the two massive shining lights for them that night were our Centre pairing who had big wraps on them and looked set for huge careers... Tautau Moga and Edrick Lee.
Yup, I must've watched the same game, because I remember the first time I saw him was in the u20's Origin and he looked great. i remember thinking if the dude could put on about 10kg of muscle and if his hands could improve, he'd be a superstar...

Hahah do we really want the sauce? I dunno about that one. Surely he'd be over priced now? We'd be buying him at his peak? Not the smartest move?

French looks okay there but personally I think the Kangaroo Catcher is a better player. He'd be a cult hero at the Broncos if he played fullback for us.

Im just throwing out ideas. I’m not real hot on French either tbh.

I definitely don’t think Sauce is at his peak, the word is he’s being forced out of Penrith because he won’t be in their top 17. The signing has Morris twins written all over it.

I think we need more experience in our backline. Whether that be Sauce, Whare, or someone else.

Personally I’d like to see Allen back here out of all realistic options. Ideally I’d love to hear we signed RTS for 2022, then I don’t care who fills the position for 12 months.

Geez I did forget Herbie. I'd like us to turn him into a fullback if we can. He'd be similar to Gutho I reckon. But he'd probably be on the left wing instead of Saab. Doubt we would get Saab.

6. Anthony Milford --> Captain (2021-2028)

Im just throwing out ideas. I’m not real hot on French either tbh.

I definitely don’t think Sauce is at his peak, the word is he’s being forced out of Penrith because he won’t be in their top 17. The signing has Morris twins written all over it.

I think we need more experience in our backline. Whether that be Sauce, Whare, or someone else.

Personally I’d like to see Allen back here out of all realistic options. Ideally I’d love to hear we signed RTS for 2022, then I don’t care who fills the position for 12 months.
Allan and Whare are probably the most sensible signings. Also depends how much we are going to pay Allan.. I wouldn't want to pay too much.. I'd still sign Kurtis Rowe as depth even if we signed Allan.

1. Corey Allan
2. Herbie Farnworth
3. Dean Whare
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates

Last edited:
As he's just made the Origin Camp you could argue we'd be buying him at his peak too.

Id say hes just about to hit his prime, besides where would he play in the QLD side? Ive seen the initial team list and im underwhelmed to be honest..Allan may end the SOO series as a bench player. That would assist with keeping him somewhat affordable..

Allan would be a worthwhile purchase for us.

Copley coming back makes me think, if this rumour is true, what was the point of Jesse Arthurs then...?

The only angle i can see is that Staggs injury means Copley is being targeted to play in his stead until Staggs match fit sometime next year.

But as i said, Arthurs and now Copley.....our recruitment strategy is now Titans rejects..?

Id say hes just about to hit his prime, besides where would he play in the QLD side? Ive seen the initial team list and im underwhelmed to be honest..Allan may end the SOO series as a bench player. That would assist with keeping him somewhat affordable..

Allan would be a worthwhile purchase for us.

Copley coming back makes me think, if this rumour is true, what was the point of Jesse Arthurs then...?

The only angle i can see is that Staggs injury means Copley is being targeted to play in his stead until Staggs match fit sometime next year.

But as i said, Arthurs and now Copley.....our recruitment strategy is now Titans rejects..?
I am bitterly disappointed in the QLD line up. As soon as Bennett became coach I knew there may be questionable selections. Not sure how Hess won a starting position. Where's Kurt Capewell, Moe Fotuaiaka and Harry Grant? Some of the most in form QLDers this year..

As for the titans rejects thing... I think Broncos recruitment lack a bit of creativity.. hahaha

Last edited:
Jesse Arthars was signed by our former coach
Dale Copley would be signed by our new coach (if the signing is true)

nah the knights have given him a home but how about Mann? even after a season like he just had id even consider him at fullback... that season surely boosted confidence in him
Yes, yes oh bloody yes!

Do you think they should dogs instead of humans?
Lol

A labrador probably could have done more than Milford did this year. At least the dog has more energy and enthusiasm.

They signed Croft instead of Fogarty because Croft was more mainstream. It's not very creative stuff going on here.

Maybe Kev and the new CEO can change that? Not sure.

Last edited:
Jesse Arthars was signed by our former coach
Dale Copley would be signed by our new coach (if the signing is true)

Ah sorry...your quite right...

I forgot Broncos coaches are contractually obliged to sign a reject Titans winger during their tenure...

:)

Ah sorry...your quite right...

I forgot Broncos coaches are contractually obliged to sign a reject Titans winger during their tenure...

:)
Bennett signed Mead, Hook singed Prince 🤔 might be on to something here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.