OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still reckon he should be captain. The game hasn't gone past him, he was playing with a broken fucking leg. He's a beast and, when fit, inarguably our pack leader. He's now old enough and gritty enough to be a genuine captain, and this is coming from someone who wanted him to rot in a jail cell only a few years ago.
No way as captain. Worst thing for sponsors especially as we just got the spoon. His defence and lateral movement was bad this year and last year.I have a feeling his leg injuries are unlikely to get better. He has had lots if leg issues. We gave him a two year option and I doubt a club will take him anyway.

Last edited:
No way as captain. Worst thing for sponsors especially as we just got the spoon. His defence and lateral movement was bad this year and last year.I have a feeling his leg injuries are unlikely to get better. He has had lots if leg issues. We gave him a two year option and I doubt a club will take him anyway.

It is quite likely his leg, which was broken, will get better.

He's not worth near that. That's halves money.

not under a 10 million dollar salary cap.

you need good quality props to set the platform for your halves to thrive. and you need to pay for quality

8D850156 7DBE 461B B637 00BCB0E90E36

the only way we should stump up a cent, is if the decision to move Bird on was made by Walters, and it frees up cash for an elite level signing

We should probably have a list of signings and a plan of how to manage them. Hopefully this is a part of a well thought out plan.. We can only hope.. Who do we think we could sign as a replacement? Should we sign a centre?

I can’t believe Dragons would be so silly to let go of Aitken and sign Bird..

Last edited:
Brenko Lee is playing centre in the grand final and could get picked at centre for QLD. He’s off contract at Storm after this year. Would you sign him?

I dont actually think we should pay a cent. He took up the player option so he either stays or another club pays his whole contract.

Do you think he will remain fit next year? Or do you think he is so injury prone that he could spend a fair while on the sidelines?

I’d rather an extra 500k to play with than a 900k player on the sidelines all season

Do you think he will remain fit next year? Or do you think he is so injury prone that he could spend a fair while on the sidelines?

I’d rather an extra 500k to play with than a 900k player on the sidelines all season

Tbh, im not really bothered either way. It should be a matter of principal now. If he didnt take up his option it would be a different story. He took up the option so for me he is either a Bronco next year or we pay an absolute minimal amount to let him move on.

Despite all his issues, im not really sure he is injury prone either. I think he has been unfortunate. His knee injury was a freak accident, could have happened to anyone. His sternum issue was something we should have managed better. Its going to be ongoing for him, but it was badly managed more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• JamesC
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.