OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he will remain fit next year? Or do you think he is so injury prone that he could spend a fair while on the sidelines?

I’d rather an extra 500k to play with than a 900k player on the sidelines all season
That’s the million dollar question though, isn’t it? He could have a marquee player season as well.

If it happens, Bird makes Kennedy look like an elite signing.

If it happens, Bird makes Kennedy look like an elite signing.

Bird is a superb footy player though. Our biggest mistake was him was to try to get hom into the team before he was properly fit. Things would have been a lot different I reckon if we did that

Reactions: 007
Tbh, im not really bothered either way. It should be a matter of principal now. If he didnt take up his option it would be a different story. He took up the option so for me he is either a Bronco next year or we pay an absolute minimal amount to let him move on.

Despite all his issues, im not really sure he is injury prone either. I think he has been unfortunate. His knee injury was a freak accident, could have happened to anyone. His sternum issue was something we should have managed better. Its going to be ongoing for him, but it was badly managed more than anything else.

Sometimes it pays off to cut your losses.

The cost of an opportunity that we may miss because we keep holding onto Bird may even be greater than what we have to pay to get rid of Bird.

Wrong thread, boss.

Giphy

Last edited:
Hold him to his contract, he fucking signed it and took his player option. If we let him go we better not pay a cent, the media will be dicks about it and all they have to say is “well he took his player option, so he clearly wants to be here”.

Hold him to his contract, he fucking signed it and took his player option. If we let him go we better not pay a cent, the media will be dicks about it and all they have to say is “well he took his player option, so he clearly wants to be here”.

but if he was planning to honour his contract and Kevvie told him to go ... then he has every right to make us pay the gap between his Dragons and Broncos contract

Brenko Lee is playing centre in the grand final and could get picked at centre for QLD. He’s off contract at Storm after this year. Would you sign him?

He's been a bit average this season but would definitely add size to the team, he's as big as a forward.

Sometimes it pays off to cut your losses.

The cost of an opportunity that we may miss because we keep holding onto Bird may even be greater than what we have to pay to get rid of Bird.

What cost of keeping him? What opportunity are we going to miss by keeping him? There is literally nobody on the market worth getting. Brenko Lee? Marion Seve? Storm would have replaced both of them with somebody we got rid of if he didnt get an offer to double his money from the Eels. We won't lose out on anyone decent by keeping Bird for this last 12 months.

You are also presuming he won't be an asset. Instead of being negative and taking it for granted he will get injured, think of how good he can be if he stays fit. A fit and firing Bird will be our best center comfortably imo.

but if he was planning to honour his contract and Kevvie told him to go ... then he has every right to make us pay the gap between his Dragons and Broncos contract
Then it’s a different story.

What cost of keeping him? What opportunity are we going to miss by keeping him? There is literally nobody on the market worth getting. Brenko Lee? Marion Seve? Storm would have replaced both of them with somebody we got rid of if he didnt get an offer to double his money from the Eels. We won't lose out on anyone decent by keeping Bird for this last 12 months.

You are also presuming he won't be an asset. Instead of being negative and taking it for granted he will get injured, think of how good he can be if he stays fit. A fit and firing Bird will be our best center comfortably imo.

I’m just talking theoretically.. but I think you’ve been saying that Bird is an asset for like 3 years now and he’s only been a liability.

Staggs would still be our best centre IMO.

I guess we’re all kinda bored with trying to roll out the same sentiment year after year.

If might be worth trying to move him on if we could get a top class player in, but i dont see anything on the market worth the bother.

I really hope this talk about bird leaving is just the monthly wave of bird horse shit.
I would be really pissed if he leaves and has an injury free year and starts carving up at another club..
Bird when fit is exactly the type of player this team needs right now, especillay with staggs out, I’d even give him the VC that’s how beneficial I think he could be for the attitude and kevolution of this team.
Unless there is top tier quality incoming then keep him here, ease him into right centre until katoni comes back, pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster he stays fit, then throw him in the 6/13/1 to add some impact later in the year.

According to Brent Read on Triple M, we offered to foot 200K, then 300K but St George are still playing hardball saying that’s not enough.

I’m just talking theoretically.. but I think you’ve been saying that Bird is an asset for like 3 years now and he’s only been a liability.

Staggs would still be our best centre IMO.

I havent said he will be an asset for 3 years at all. Stop telling porkies.

And talking theoretically ( probably should be talking hypothetically actually ), you haven't really mentioned the other side of your argument. You concentrate on the negative and dont look at the possible upside of a fully fit Jack Bird. Bird May get injured, he may not, but unless we have an option to sign a topline player we may as well give it a shot for next year.

Staggs as good as he is in attack isnt as good an all round player as Bird. Kotoni needs a massive improvement in his decision making in defence. Bird doesnt really have that weakness. Bird just needs to stay on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.