OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragons wanted the broncos to pay 800k to get rid of Bird
Club shut them down and said we aren’t dealing with you now

Dean Ritchie has written a big article calling us arrogant, because we pretty much laughed in their face at that offer.

apparently the Dragons were waiting for us to call with a counter ... but we never did. which really isn't that surprising given how bad the initial Dragons offer was

Dean Ritchie has written a big article calling us arrogant, because we pretty much laughed in their face at that offer.

apparently the Dragons were waiting for us to call with a counter ... but we never did. which really isn't that surprising given how bad the initial Dragons offer was
I wondered who the grub journo as who wrote the article [emoji848][emoji34]

Good on the Broncos for treating such a ridiculous offer with the contempt that it deserves.

p.s. Ritchie also says Bird is desperate to get out of Brisbane, but because the Dragons have moved on (when we wouldn't deal with their ridiculous offer) Bird may be stuck playing out his contract ... and if that's true, then Bird has no one to blame, but himself for being stuck in Brisbane, because if true it means he clearly took his option hoping that we would carry some of his contract on our cap to get rid of him, he wan't to have his cake and eat it too.

here are the quotes from an unnamed official at a rival club who was supposedly across the "drama":

“The Dragons offered up a figure and Brisbane laughed at them.

“But the Broncos never went back to Saints with a revised offer.

“So the Dragons simply moved on. Jack is desperate to leave Brisbane but there may not be anywhere else for him to go, so he will have to stay at the Broncos. Brisbane is trying to push him out but he has a signed contract.

“There is a feeling among several clubs that Brisbane thinks ‘we’re the Broncos and if we want to move a player then we will’. It’s bullish and even arrogant.

“Bird is on $975000 for next season so Brisbane shouldn’t think other clubs will just walk in and pull them out of this shit. They think everyone else will solve their problems. Well, it isn’t going to happen.”

p.s. Ritchie also says Bird is desperate to get out of Brisbane, but because the Dragons have moved on (when we wouldn't deal with their ridiculous offer) Bird may be stuck playing out his contract ... and if that's true, then Bird has no one to blame, but himself for being stuck in Brisbane, because if true it means he clearly took his option hoping that we would carry some of his contract on our cap to get rid of him, he wan't to have his cake and eat it too.

here are the quotes from an unnamed official at a rival club who was supposedly across the "drama":

“So the Dragons simply moved on. Jack is desperate to leave Brisbane but there may not be anywhere else for him to go, so he will have to stay at the Broncos. Brisbane is trying to push him out but he has a signed contract.

“There is a feeling among several clubs that Brisbane thinks ‘we’re the Broncos and if we want to move a player then we will’. It’s bullish and even arrogant.

“Bird is on $975000 for next season so Brisbane shouldn’t think other clubs will just walk in and pull them out of this shit. They think everyone else will solve their problems. Well, it isn’t going to happen.”
I hope they sit him, tell him to enjoy his next “significantly” less contract because he hasn’t played in basically 4 years.

Fucking take your option and then ask to leave, or show you’re unhappy and try and force it.

Piss ant

You would think if he were really desperate to play in Sydney he could ask for a release from his contract.

he could but he also wants his money ... and it's not looking like he can have both

The dally M is about the only thing they got right this year

Yeah cool play out your fucking contract then wank.

Unnamed source can get fucked too... paying 80% of someone's contract to play elsewhere creates more fucking problems than it solves.

If it’s even close to being the case I want him to be told he’s not welcome at training and he won’t be getting a game. Earn your next contract sitting on the sidelines. Also how is it arrogant to laugh at the deal they offered? There’s plenty of reasons to call those in charge of this club arrogant but that is not one of them

Nope, Ipswich is now aligned with Newcastle, which is a travesty. You would think if Kev has a say he will want to change that when the opportunity comes up again
I don’t see it as an issue if anything we are disadvantaged by so many feeder clubs... same amount of players in less feeder clubs... they can win more competitions and form actual combinations with other squad members

I don’t see it as an issue if anything we are disadvantaged by so many feeder clubs... same amount of players in less feeder clubs... they can win more competitions and form actual combinations with other squad members
Yep! Surely it’s not a coincidence that we used to win premierships when our players would come through QLD cup together at the Clydesdales. The Queensland Cup should be trying to grow to be a better competition. The Titans and Cowboys should have their own team too.

I too, would hate to be paid $950,000.00 for the year to live in Brissie. Tough times, for sure.

Disclaimer: I don't believe he's on a contract that large, and who even knows if this is how Bird feels... especially if the source is a chubby-cheeked journo.

I too, would hate to be paid $950,000.00 for the year to live in Brissie. Tough times, for sure.

Disclaimer: I don't believe he's on a contract that large, and who even knows if this is how Bird feels... especially if the source is a chubby-cheeked journo.
Nice of you to go with the lowest predicted contract to make it seem realistic

The last team that John Asiata followed on Instagram - Brisbane Broncos
The last 2 players that John Asiata followed on Instagram - Brandon Smith & Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

That's good enough for me, Asiata, B.Smith & RTS to the Broncos in 2021.

If true, that offer from the Dragons is the most laughable thing I have ever seen. Good on the Broncos for laughing at them. What in god's name is Ritchie on about there. Broncos reject one absolutely comedic offer: "we're the Broncos and if we want to move a player then we will". Dribbler.

This take on less feeder teams would be more beneficial is interesting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Skyblues87
  • Porthoz
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.