OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmao. NRL media in a nutshell, one halfwit uses "anonymous sources" to push an agenda then that article becomes fuel for the next. All we need now is for Paul Kent to use this as an excuse to go on a rant on NRL360 about the Broncos' arrogance and terrible mishandling of the deal then Dean Ritchie can write an article about the discussion on the show and we'll have a bingo.

I didn't stipulate only Hunt. Of course I'd prefer Grant, I just see him as significantly less likely to be available.

I'd be very nervous about seeing us go into another season with Turpin as the only Dummy Half we'd actually want to have playing games for us. If Hunt was available I'd be really keen to look at what sort of deal we could reach.
I thought grant was off at the end of 21 but it's 22 , so someone for 2 seasons will suffice.
But not sold on hunt and the money we'd need to pay would be stupid. Plus macca is on the books again for next season.

It just doesn’t even make sense. Broncos are the only party in this story that aren’t being arrogant.

Bird wants a release a few months after taking a player option and allegedly expects to receive the full amount, and Dragons allegedly offered an offer so lowball that it’s offensive.

Yet the club who doesn’t want to pay $800k for a player to play elsewhere, saving them approximately exactly the minimum wage it will take to replace the player, is being arrogant ?

Who here would trade Jack Bird for Ben Hunt (Exclusively as a Dummy Half) ?
On paper it sounds ok, but Bhunt still has 2 years plus a PO in 2023 left on his monster contract... Bird is done in 12 months.

Sure dragons would wear some of the cost initially, but they aren't wearing it through to 2023

On paper it sounds ok, but Bhunt still has 2 years plus a PO in 2023 left on his monster contract... Bird is done in 12 months.

Sure dragons would wear some of the cost initially, but they aren't wearing it through to 2023

we should offer to pay 200k of Hunt's contract with them footing the rest of the bill ... surely they'll accept that offer, it would be "arrogant" of them not to

I thought grant was off at the end of 21 but it's 22 , so someone for 2 seasons will suffice.
But not sold on hunt and the money we'd need to pay would be stupid. Plus macca is on the books again for next season.
I don't really consider Macca as someone I'd want to see playing regular games for us.

Don't really get why the Dragons would want Bird anyway.

They've got Williame and Lomax in the centres, Dufty fullback and McInnes at lock. If Bird stays fit he probably finds a way into one of those positions but I can't really blame them for not wanting to spend anything substantial on him.

I don't really consider Macca as someone I'd want to see playing regular games for us.
No I agree but having him , Turpin and paix as our hookers on the books we can't afford a big $$ hooker aswell.
Unless it's grant or Smith but still that's at the cost of other positions.

The story just doesnt add up. If Bird was as desperate to leave Brisbane, all he had to do was walk away. His contract was up. He made the choice to extend his contract by 12 months.

Last edited:
The story just doesnt add up. If Bird was as desperate to leave Brisbane, all he had to do was walk away. His contract was up. He made the choice to extend his contract by 12 months.
He isn’t getting that kind of money anywhere else
His manager would have told him take the contract then force Brisbane to pay you to play elsewhere

Because Bird doesn't want to miss out on his money. He knows his stock is low as **** so he is going to secure his last year of big money and now kick stones and agitate for us to foot the bill to facilitate his move to Sydney.

No I agree but having him , Turpin and paix as our hookers on the books we can't afford a big $$ hooker aswell.
Unless it's grant or Smith but still that's at the cost of other positions.
Why not. If Melbourne can afford Smith, Smith and Grant on their books.

p.s. Ritchie also says Bird is desperate to get out of Brisbane, but because the Dragons have moved on (when we wouldn't deal with their ridiculous offer) Bird may be stuck playing out his contract ... and if that's true, then Bird has no one to blame, but himself for being stuck in Brisbane, because if true it means he clearly took his option hoping that we would carry some of his contract on our cap to get rid of him, he wan't to have his cake and eat it too.

here are the quotes from an unnamed official at a rival club who was supposedly across the "drama":

“The Dragons offered up a figure and Brisbane laughed at them.

“But the Broncos never went back to Saints with a revised offer.

“So the Dragons simply moved on. Jack is desperate to leave Brisbane but there may not be anywhere else for him to go, so he will have to stay at the Broncos. Brisbane is trying to push him out but he has a signed contract.

“There is a feeling among several clubs that Brisbane thinks ‘we’re the Broncos and if we want to move a player then we will’. It’s bullish and even arrogant.

“Bird is on $975000 for next season so Brisbane shouldn’t think other clubs will just walk in and pull them out of this shit. They think everyone else will solve their problems. Well, it isn’t going to happen.
So does this Mark St John clown just recycle word for word what other reporters have said? Every article I see from him is either recapping other journos or transcribing the filth that Kent and Ikin spill on NRL360.
Thats just that how the majority of rugby league journalism works isn’t it?
Some Prima Donna journo on a FOX show shares his biased opinion (usually bagging the broncos), then all of a sudden his quotes are news!
Then it’s up to his shit head journo mate to regurgitate it and ramp up the drama even more.
The style of journalism is more suited to Women’s weekly goss opinion pieces..
****ing garbage.

Hopefully when the broncs start flogging teams again these ***ts will **** the **** up.

i find it hard to believe we turned down 675k for him

He isn’t getting that kind of money anywhere else
His manager would have told him take the contract then force Brisbane to pay you to play elsewhere

Because Bird doesn't want to miss out on his money. He knows his stock is low as **** so he is going to secure his last year of big money and now kick stones and agitate for us to foot the bill to facilitate his move to Sydney.

He wont get that kind of money, but at the same time if he wants out as badly as they are saying, he would have to make sacrifices. In terms of his situation and contract, his problem is he cant force us to do anything, same as we cant force him to do anything. We both have legal obligations.

Don't really get why the Dragons would want Bird anyway.

They've got Williame and Lomax in the centres, Dufty fullback and McInnes at lock. If Bird stays fit he probably finds a way into one of those positions but I can't really blame them for not wanting to spend anything substantial on him.
Clearly Griffin thought he’d pick up a bargain. Knowing how fucked up our roster and controlling interests currently are he may have thought strike while the irons hot.
Same as Wayne, get Bird and work out where to use him later. Came a gutser and now it’s all our fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.