OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think Smith will play on.

There has been ZERO drop off in his game. Combine that with how competitive he is and it doesn't make sense to quit now, unless he really wants to be a one club player. Other than that it is just his age, but given he's pretty well playing as well as he ever has it's just a number at this point.

Better to go out on top than a year too long

Better to go out on top than a year too long

Well maybe not from a financial point of view, just ask Boyd. Whatever happens, if Smith went on one year too long, he gets an extra million dollars and will still get whatever role he wants in rugby league once he finishes.

Thats about the only similarity. Olam hits like and absolute truck and has plenty of physicality. I dont see that in Niu.

For all the hype about Tesi, I doubt he will crack the Broncos either at fullback, center or as a half. Hopefully he can have a good solid year in the ISC in whatever position he feels he can progress in and change my mind.
It is the only similarity 😂 I was just pointing out he isn’t too small to play there.

Throwing a huge contact at a young kid who's unproven in NRL is about the stupidest thing we could do.

Especially if the rumours about the clauses and size of said contract are true. Don't get me wrong, I would be excited to see what all the hype is about I just don't think it is what our squad needs right now.
Anyone complaining about us not making any signings yet, just remember White is still CEO until feb. I’d rather a shit team next year than to have any new White negotiated player contracts

absolutely not.

firstly, i'm cautiously optimistic that Kevvie, can find out where to 2015 Milford disappeared to and lead him back to the club

secondly, I haven't seen much of Niu that leads me to think he is a playmaker. I'd be lean towards center once he develops a bit more. although that may need to be fast tracked depending on what happens with Bird and recruitment
I thought he played pretty well at 6 for Tonga

Crawley in the DT writing that Corey Allen is looking for a fulltime fullback spot and Rabbits would be unlikely to stand in his way even though he has a year to go on his contract.

Crawley in the DT writing that Corey Allen is looking for a fulltime fullback spot and Rabbits would be unlikely to stand in his way even though he has a year to go on his contract.

this is one of those times when a rugby league journo might actually be correct, given Crawley is Bennett's mouthpiece

He has even stated this before.

We had Luke Priddis as our starting hooker and Smith stated he felt he had more opportunities at the Storm.
Bennett got rid of Priddis then afterwards said he should have got rid of somebody else. Re-employed him at Dragons - was shot by then.

Last edited:
And just when I was starting to like hooper he goes and ruins it. I really appreciated his storm article earlier this week😂
That was one if the worst articles I have ever read. I felt ashamed for clicking on it. Admittedly I live in Melbourne and prior to lockdown went to a lot of their games but his journalism is the worst.

I just don't think things have to be one extreme or the other. Only Sith deal in absolutes, after all. Bird may very well want to move back to Sydney if the opportunity arose, but he may also be fine to stay for another year with the goal of playing good footy to make sure he gets to go back home in 2022 with a good deal. Kevvie may see the opportunity to free up some cash by cutting a deal, but also may not be so desperate to offload Bird that he doesn't mind if the right offer doesn't eventuate and can see a role for him in the 2021 team.

I've not seen or heard anything to lead me to believe Bird is a toxic personality in this team. Maybe he is - like just about everyone esle here I have zero inside knowledge. But the fact that he's now worked his way back from three season ending injuries shows he has some got some pretty rock solid fortitude, and that's is a trait I'd like to see rub off on the current team, honestly. And if Kevvie gets them playing good, fun, enjoyable footy, and they start winning more than they lose, I can't imagine Bird kicking stones and white-anting in the background.
Why can't everyone write like you?

Instead of assuming every word reported is true you start with the notion that you simply don't know and write from that perspective. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.