OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copley has been in the NRL for 11 years and is still yet to kick on and be the player people keep saying he is. He can't even hold a position at the Titans.

Waste of money, waste of a top 30 spot. Pass.
I daresay Dale will be on a fairly low contract, and probably not even three quarters of what Kahu was getting (not that Jordan was ever on the field much). To say the signing is a waste of money is complete nonsense. As Wolfie has pointed out on many occasions, you can't have superstars in all 30 spots, hence blokes like Dale and Opacic are needed in teams to fill gaps, provide depth and they are also level-headed, good blokes that can help to balance out the varying dynamics within a team (i.e those with humility and common sense verses those with single digit IQs and over inflated egos).

Copley is an absolutely outstanding young man. If even a skerrick of his character can rub off on a few of the bratty, narcissistic muppets in our team, his signing will be well worth it. He will provide essential coverage in the backs as well as a bit of much needed humility around the joint.

Last edited:
Yeah we couldn't compete because we had other plans with other players. We let him go for other players. That simple, kid.
We didnt release him like you said we did. We wanted him to stay, we offered him a contract, he chose a better contract. Are you trying to say the Gold coast are releasing him as well? You have some weird logic.

A few examples of players we in recent times released. Kahu, Dargan, Ash Taylor, Opacic, Roberts, Mcguire, Kodi Nikorima, Shibasaki, Savelio, Eden, Sua.

Players we wanted to keep but couldn't afford it even though we offered them deals to stay. Fifita, Ese'Ese, Arrow, Jayden Nikorima, Dave Taylor, Ben Hunt.

Surely even you can see the difference. The first group, we were happy to let them go. We let them break their contracts in some cases to leave and others we didn't even offer them contracts when their deals expired. Thats called managing the salary cap.

The second group were players we actively tried to keep at Brisbane but lost out to better offers. The only cap management in the second groups case was the limits of what we could afford to offer. Not a single one of the was released like you wrongly insinuated they were.

If i was your parent i'd be having a serious word with your teachers. You lack some basic understanding of simple words and their meanings.

Last edited:
We didnt release him like you said we did. We wanted him to stay, we offered him a contract, he chose a better contract. Are you trying to say the Gold coast are releasing him as well? You have some weird logic.

A few examples of players we in recent times released. Kahu, Dargan, Ash Taylor, Opacic, Roberts, Mcguire, Kodi Nikorima, Shibasaki, Savelio, Eden, Sua.

Players we wanted to keep but couldn't afford it even though we offered them deals to stay. Fifita, Ese'Ese, Arrow, Jayden Nikorima, Dave Taylor, Ben Hunt.

Surely even you can see the difference. The first group, we were happy to let them go. We let them break their contracts in some cases to leave and others we didn't even offer them contracts when their deals expired. Thats called managing the salary cap.

The second group were players we actively tried to keep at Brisbane but lost out to better offers. The only cap management in the second groups case was the limits of what we could afford to offer. Not a single one of the was released like you wrongly insinuated they were.

If i was your parent i'd be having a serious word with your teachers. You lack some basic understanding of simple words and their meanings.
You forgot to call him ‘kid’

Pretty sure all his family are from Penrith so most likely visiting them.

With the way Penrith are offloading players you'd think they have less cap space than us anyway!!

Last edited:
At first I was "meh" about the Copley signing but when I think about it the more I like it. He is not a top 17 player by any means but he does bring:
1. Wants to be here and wanted to come back after getting to other clubs, 2. Smart fella who has his life on track, 3. Bit of experience, 4. Solid back up...

He does get injured a bit (Not as much as kahu mind you) but unlike kahu he seems grateful for his position rather then entitled. Hopefully a few of these things rub off on the others in this squad.

I don't know the players they are looking to recruit but I think they should recruit on attitude and personality well before ability. These players have tons of ability but their attitude is shit, and look where that's got us...

I daresay Dale will be on a fairly low contract, and probably not even three quarters of what Kahu was getting (not that Jordan was ever on the field much). To say the signing is a waste of money is complete nonsense. As Wolfie has pointed out on many occasions, you can't have superstars in all 30 spots, hence blokes like Dale and Opacic are needed in teams to fill gaps, provide depth and they are also level-headed, good blokes that can help to balance out the varying dynamics within a team (i.e those with humility and common sense verses those with single digit IQs and over inflated egos).

Copley is an absolutely outstanding young man. If even a skerrick of his character can rub off on a few of the bratty, narcissistic muppets in our team, his signing will be well worth it. He will provide essential coverage in the backs as well as a bit of much needed humility around the joint.

You can’t have superstars in every top 30 spot but we could buy two young centres/wingers who will give similar performances for the cost of Copley.

Waste of money. Pass.

You can’t have superstars in every top 30 spot but we could buy two young centres/wingers who will give the same performance for the cost of Copley.

Waste of money. Pass.

We have enough young players, we need a bit of experience. On the right money on a 12 month contract until the market gets better i think blokes like Copley would be fine.

We don't really have a lot of centres, especially with Staggs missing half a season. Dropley is decent cover for his likely price and considering what is available on the market.
Centre especially seems like a hard position to find cover in, it seems like it's got the least amount of quality across the NRL.

Last edited:
Looks like Jake Clifford from the Cowgirls will be available for 2021. Are we interested in him in the halves for next year? Shown a fair bit of promise but where would that leave Dearden?

NQ fans are absolutely spewin about losing Clifford. Should we give him a home?

Last edited:
We don't really have a lot of centres, especially with Staggs missing half a season. Dropley is decent cover for his likely price and considering what is available on the market.
Centre especially seems like a hard position to find cover in, it seems like it's got the least amount of quality across the NRL.
spot on with that

Looks like Jake Clifford from the Cowgirls will be available for 2021. Are we interested in him in the halves for next year? Shown a fair bit of promise but where would that leave Dearden?

NQ fans are absolutely spewin about losing Clifford. Should we give him a home?
nah the knights have given him a home but how about Mann? even after a season like he just had id even consider him at fullback... that season surely boosted confidence in him

As long as it's not more than a year I'm happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.