OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it's not more than a year I'm happy with it.
I believe it's 2 years mate, but possibly the second year in the club's favour, am not 100% on the contract detail. He turned 29 this year so IF he can remain relatively injury free, I think he has 2 years in him to provide value to us.

I believe it's 2 years mate, but possibly the second year in the club's favour, am not 100% on the contract detail. He turned 29 this year so IF he can remain relatively injury free, I think he has 2 years in him to provide value to us.
2 years isn't the end of the world, it's all relative. If as you say he's on a close to minimum contract then we could do worse than having Copley for 2 years. Too often in the last few years when we have injuries, we end up with total rookies or out of position players and it's really hard to cover. I'm happy to welcome him home.

2 years isn't the end of the world, it's all relative. If as you say he's on a close to minimum contract then we could do worse than having Copley for 2 years. Too often in the last few years when we have injuries, we end up with total rookies or out of position players and it's really hard to cover. I'm happy to welcome him home.

Ironically, he might be one of the few players smart enough to understand Seibold’s coaching lectures.

Updated teamlist because no one at all asked for it:

1. Allan
2. Mansour
3. Copley
4. Farnworth
5. Coates
6. Milford (Ugh, what can you do?)
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Grant (Yes I know it will be Turpin unfortunately)
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Su'A
13. Asiata

14. Paix
15. Lodge
16. TPJ
17. Riki

Updated teamlist because no one at all asked for it:

1. Allan
2. Mansour
3. Copley
4. Farnworth
5. Coates
6. Milford (Ugh, what can you do?)
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Grant (Yes I know it will be Turpin unfortunately)
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Su'A
13. Asiata

14. Paix
15. Lodge
16. TPJ
17. Riki
I reckon your spot on even with the realism of those signings... but we are not getting Su’A till he is off contract and I have given up any hope for grant next year but yet again maybe when he is off contract

Looks like Jake Clifford from the Cowgirls will be available for 2021. Are we interested in him in the halves for next year? Shown a fair bit of promise but where would that leave Dearden?

NQ fans are absolutely spewin about losing Clifford. Should we give him a home?

Really rate Clifford. Him and Burton in the halves would be brilliant for us.
I was hoping we might have made a play for him couple years ago then saw the other day hes off to the knights....good luck to him

Bennet got it wrong there. Released Wallace and arrow when they were both playing well at the time and kept Offa who repeatedly disappoints.
Ofa has been disappointing the last two years, but who hasn't been outside of Haas and Fifita? Ofa developed into a decent player under Wayne, not a world beater or anything but to benchmark any player over the past two years is a bit tough.

Ofa has been disappointing the last two years, but who hasn't been outside of Haas and Fifita? Ofa developed into a decent player under Wayne, not a world beater or anything but to benchmark any player over the past two years is a bit tough.
The thing with Offa is he can do exactly one job (coming off the bench playing the middle 40-50 minutes of a game either side of half time) really quite well, but he's pretty much terrible at everything else.

If we just left him to do this one job for us and never let him stray from that we'd probably be getting quite a good return from him. Even the Maroons managed to get a good return from him in that role at Origin level so it shows the skills for that job are within him, it's just about making sure we apply it effectively in a role he's actually good at.

He's probably replaceable if a similar option for less money came along and we could find a suitor for him, but if that can't happen then we need to make the best of him and put him to work doing a job he's already done really well in for us previously.

Last edited:
If I ever see someone as soft and useless as Josh Mansour in a Broncos jersey I think I'd just give up altogether.

That's truly a disgusting thought.

I need a shower... jesus.
Check out the numbers mate, they don't lie and they show over a number of years including this one that he's amongst the hardest working Wingers in the competition. The guys is never not working the ball out of his own end on nearly every set and he's generally a tackle breaking machine. To call him soft or useless is frankly a very, very long way off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.