OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight, it's not an issue because in the games he wasn't outright injured for, he was being overlooked for by other players in a team that during his time there collected wooden spoons for fun.

Sure sounds like quality to me.

he is a depth signing ... literally no one is calling him a him a gun, big money signing.

and he is a pretty good depth option. should have been given more of a chance than he has IMO

I don't know what games you blokes are watching but all I ever see from this bloke is:

- Him getting absolutely belted making no ground trying to bring the ball out of his own half. You all whinge about Isaako getting monstered but Mansour makes it an art.

- Him getting beaten comfortably in the air by anyone who can jump more than a foot off the ground.

- Getting bulldozed or shrugged off in embarrasing tackle attempts

Sure he scores some points and yes the bloke clearly tries and works very hard, but I certainly don't think he's someone we should be chasing. As pointed out above, we have plenty of soft, useless players as is.
I don't agree with your views on Mansour, i think he is an experienced quality winger, but you need to rethink of your definition of 'soft'.

Soft is avoiding collisions, going missing when things get tough, doing a 20-30 meter pass to your fullback because you are scared to take a kick return, going for an non existent intercept or falling for a dummy rather than making a tackle.

All of your short comings for Mansour have nothing to do with being soft.

Mansour was also 5th in the league for PCM just behind big bastards like JFH, Klemmer, Burgess, and Taukeiaho and in front of JT13, RCG, Haas and Paulo, so not sure how your first point is valid.

hmmmmm this says Bevan French possibly to Brisbane

Yeah. Right wing nut.
There are just as many nuts from the left side too mate. I haven't seen anything over the top on Dale's twitter other than a few references to the recent Presidential debates in the U.S. I don't think we should hold his political allegiances against him. Anyway, don't want to get off topic in this thread.

Last edited:
I'm going to say it again, go and check the numbers because they just don't support what you're saying.

- 182 Run Metres averaged in 2020, which is Penrith (the 17 game winning streak Minor Premiers) best RM averge after Edwards. That makes him number 9 overall in the NRL this year and Edwards was number 4. He has a career average of 165 Run Metres a game too, so this is no massive outlier season for him either.

- He's number 3 in the entire competition for All Runs. Only Tedesco and JFH have run the ball more in 2020.

- He's number 5 in the entire NRL for post contact metres averaged too, so the whole 'he gets monstered in tackles' is just completely and utterly not supported by facts at all. The four players above him are all Middle Forwards by the way, so compared to other Wingers he's in an absolute league of his own. His closest Winger for comparison's sake is noted running machine Fergo all the way back at number 19.

- He's number 3 in the entire NRL for Linebreaks this year, behind only Alex Johnston.

I accept people see things differently in games and that's all fine, but some of the things you're suggesting in this case are just not supported factually by any stats at all and in fact the majority of his numbers are the polar opposite of how you're seeing it.

Only one of these stats goes any way to dispelling my observations of him.

I never suggested he wasn't productive in creating linebreaks, run metres or taking runs... I questioned his ability in the air, his ability to defend and the appearance of making little metres coming out of his own end.

Perhaps that last part is more anecdotal and not supported by facts, I can concede I may be wrong there... But I'm certainly not wrong about his status as a defensive liability who regularly gets made to look ordinary by his opposite number.

Not the worst idea. Be nice if we get him on a reasonably cheap 2 year deal. There aren’t exactly a lot of clubs with a full time fullback vacancy. I do have my doubts about some aspects of his game though.
I would prefer to buy a Queenslander and attempt to make an all QLD spine. I guess it could be fun to have Bevan at 1 but I don't know if he suits the Broncos at this point in time. He'd probably be better off somewhere else. I would say the Titans but they have Brimson at 1.

I would prefer to buy a Queenslander and attempt to make an all QLD spine. I guess it could be fun to have Bevan at 1 but I don't know if he suits the Broncos at this point in time. He'd probably be better off somewhere else. I would say the Titans but they have Brimson at 1.

I do think there is some merit in preferring QLDers. It does help with the siege mentality and love for the jersey, but if you haven’t seen the origin teams lately, QLD isn’t exactly spoilt for choice when it comes to talent.

Outside of Munster, Ponga, Brimson, and maybe Allen it’s pretty slim pickings in the QLD fullback options.

I do think there is some merit in preferring QLDers. It does help with the siege mentality and love for the jersey, but if you haven’t seen the origin teams lately, QLD isn’t exactly spoilt for choice when it comes to talent.

Outside of Munster, Ponga, Brimson, and maybe Allen it’s pretty slim pickings in the QLD fullback options.
You are right. Would you bother with Bevan as a short term fix though? Or if we sign him are we planning for him to be our future at 1? Would seem like there's not much point in signing someone like him if we don't want him there for a while. I still think we could find some good value at fullback somewhere.

And is Bevan even any better than Isaako really?

Last edited:
he is a depth signing ... literally no one is calling him a him a gun, big money signing.

and he is a pretty good depth option. should have been given more of a chance than he has IMO
How could they when he's basically always injured?

You are right. Would you bother with Bevan as a short term fix though? Or if we sign him are we planning for him to be our future at 1? Would seem like there's not much point in signing someone like him if we don't want him there for a while. I still think we could find some good value at fullback somewhere.

And is Bevan even any better than Isaako really?

Bevan is very different to Isaako. Far far more attacking flair and skills. A better comparison is Niu, or Milford. Bevan’s size and defence are my biggest concerns.

I think he would be great to hold onto for cheap for a year or 2, until someone like Tedesco, or RTS is available. Or a junior is ready.

Only one of these stats goes any way to dispelling my observations of him.

I never suggested he wasn't productive in creating linebreaks, run metres or taking runs... I questioned his ability in the air, his ability to defend and the appearance of making little metres coming out of his own end.

Perhaps that last part is more anecdotal and not supported by facts, I can concede I may be wrong there... But I'm certainly not wrong about his status as a defensive liability who regularly gets made to look ordinary by his opposite number.
NRL and Fox Stats both have him at an 81% Tackle Efficiency in 2020. I scaled that against Wingers/Centres for you and that has him at number 17 in the entire competition with number 1 being Zac Lomax at 88% efficiency for comparisons sake.

However of the 16 guys above him I should point out that only Corey Oates and Lumelume from Melbourne are actually Wingers and not Centres (Centres obviously have better tackle efficiency given the position) and Lumelume only played 3 games this year and Oates only played 14, not all of which were actually on the Wing, so you could reasonably argue he has just about the best Tackle Efficiency of any Winger in the competition this year.

NRL stats also have him missing 19 tackles for the year in 22 Games. This is just 0.86 missed tackles a game as an average. Excluding the guys with under 10 games for the year, Only To'o, Addo-Carr, Sivo and Don have missed less tackles out of the Outside Backs/Wingers although Mansour has played more games than all of those guys, so again, he's easily Top 5 there and on averages he's Top 3.

I'm sorry mate, your anecdotal observations are just completely and utterly incorrect even on his Defence as well because they are just not supported by any facts or stats. I don't know what it is you think you're seeing, but I'd suggest maybe you've remembered one or two poor instances and then extrapolated that to form an opinion that is clearly very different from reality based on actual numbers.

Last edited:
Bevan is very different to Isaako. Far far more attacking flair and skills. A better comparison is Niu, or Milford. Bevan’s size and defence are my biggest concerns.

I think he would be great to hold onto for cheap for a year or 2, until someone like Tedesco, or RTS is available. Or a junior is ready.
Yeah he's different to Isaako, but doesn't mean he's a better option. I'd still be happy if we signed Bevan, I like him.

What about Kurtis Rowe? He'd be bottom dollar price and I think he's ready for a shot again as an NRL fullback.

Also Saab wants out of Dragons.. I wouldn't mind having Saab and Coates on our wings.

Last edited:
he's not basically always injured
So when he's not injured he's just not playing well enough to dislodge the incumbent guys in the worst team in the competition. This is going around in circles because you seem to be unable to grasp why neither of these things add up to make Copley look good either individually or in combination.

Failing to crack 150 games in 11 seasons is bad regardless of what reason you use to defend it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.