Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CM reporting today that Flegler has the Dragons, Bulldogs, Knights and Titans interested in him

they said that we are paying him 600k next year ... but if we want to keep him from 2022, we may have to increase that figure.

info contained towards the bottom of this article:

As much as i like Flegs and think he has potential to be a great prop for this club, i will say that if we are paying him 600k, then we are making a mistake as he isn't a 600k prop yet ... and if it will cost us more than that to keep him, the we should tell him to take one of our rivals big offers
I really like him too and see a massive future for him. Last year was PROBABLY an off year. But, we gotta stop paying on possibles/potentials and start paying on what they've already shown.

He is a good young player but has too many errors and gives away too many penalties. Would be a pretty good idea to offload him and fix the cap up a bit more.
The CM reporting today that Flegler has the Dragons, Bulldogs, Knights and Titans interested in him

they said that we are paying him 600k next year ... but if we want to keep him from 2022, we may have to increase that figure.

As much as i like Flegs and think he has potential to be a great prop for this club, i will say that if we are paying him 600k, then we are making a mistake as he isn't a 600k prop yet ... and if it will cost us more than that to keep him, the we should tell him to take one of our rivals big offers

$600k? I’m having Joffa nightmares.

At that price he can go. Already a penalty magnet and while he's a perfectly solid bench prop, he isn't worth 600k let alone anything higher.

The titans will take him for 700k

It's just his manager agitating for a pay rise. Although it must be said, no one in this Broncos squad can ask for a pay rise other than Haas and maybe Carrigan. The rest need to earn their current figures first. Flegler needs to cut the dumb out of his game if he wants a pay rise, and wait a couple of years.

According to reports:

Joffa: 500k
Flegler 600k
Lodge: 750k
Oates: 500k
Macca: 600k
Milford: 1m
Bird: 400k not to play for us
McGuire: 300k not to play for us

Our cap is fucked

I agree, again like many of our squad, he has potential to be really strong, but 600k at this stage of his career for a mainly reserve prop where we already have a decent amount of depth is pretty stupid and a reflection of the mess our cap is.

In terms of middle forwards we have; carrigan, hass, lodge, kennedy, ofa, bullemore, TPJ (and rumoured asiata). I would probably prefer to keep him over some of our other options but we have to start drawing a line, and offer players their value and not just meeting their demands because we are afraid to lose them to other teams.

I think bullemore with a bit more game time could offer as much as flegler.

How in the hell are we paying Maguire?
According to reports:

Joffa: 500k
Flegler 600k
Lodge: 750k
Oates: 500k
Macca: 600k
Milford: 1m
Bird: 400k not to play for us
McGuire: 300k not to play for us

Our cap is fucked

According to a discussion amongst posters his deal doesn’t expire with us until the end of 2021, but I didn’t fact check that myself.

Last edited:

we're likely not ... the reporting at the time was we were releasing him to secure a better deal (and longer contract) at the Cowboys

the following is from NRL.com

The 28-year-old was contracted to Brisbane until the end of 2020 but the move north allows McGuire to secure his long-term future and ease salary cap pressure on the Broncos as they prepare to re-sign Matt Lodge, Tevita Pangai jnr and Corey Oates.

This is probably one of the disadvantages of always being on TV. Due to exposure and hype Flegler goes for offers of 600K plus after 12 games, while someone like STT probably stayed on tree fiddy (K) for most of his career.

Last edited:
This is probably one of the disadvantages of always being on TV. Due to exposure and hype Flegler goes for offers of 600K plus after 12 games, while someone like STT probably stayed on tree fiddy (K) for most of his career.
Very good point. I can't think of a player that left the Broncos and their following contract(s) matched or beat the one they got when they left.

There may be 1 or 2 I haven't thought of but this point should be drummed into these young players. Exposure equals dollars, and judging by the NRLs recent tv ratings the NRL will be hoping we have a quick return to form and we remain a Friday night fixture.

Re: paying Moose, never underestimate the dunces who after organising a boomerang deal for Kahu and seeing it blow up in our faces decided to do exactly the same fucking thing with Macca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • The Strapper
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Cavalo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jd87
  • azza.79
  • Fozz
  • Rookie Alan
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.