Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
we can't force him to sign a contract ... if we made any mistake here it was not pulling our offer sooner.

that way he would have been forced to play on the coast without the massive pay packet to console him
Well I agree it wouldn’t help him but it wouldn’t help us either. My point is those who could have kept him here didn’t. Of course you can’t make him sign a contract FFS but you can coerce him. That’s their fucken job.

The article is up on r/NRL.

"It's what was best for me and my family"

That’s not what meant by he was always leaving... he was referring to the part where Fifita said I could’ve gone to Sydney but I chose the Gold Coast because I prefer it’s lifestyle

Is Asiata even much of an upgrade on Offa? More skill I guess but it doesn’t fill me with excitement. Better than nothing I suppose, and adds a different dimension.

Last edited:
Is Asiata even much of an upgrade on Offa? More skill I guess but it doesn’t fill me with excitement. Better than nothing I suppose, and adds a different dimension.

No, he isn't much better, just different but probably coming in on a similar stupid wage.

Apparently offa has unfollowed the broncos on insta and followed the tigers 😂. Mind games of something in it?

On problem I see with signing him is that imo he is a lock. We already have Carrigan so he would be signing to play front row which I think isn’t his best position

Getting rid of joe is great as we free up some cash. we don’t need Asiata he’s just going to take up that cash we just freed up! What’s the point? We have middle forwards.

I can not rap my head around our situation. How can you have people on big money leave and not have a cent to get anyone to replace them. Our club has fallen so far. We literately have nothing to get excited about or discuss, except losing players. Kev said we would be on the market making big moves. What moves? one name is being rumored.. Asiata, ok but what exactly does he bring to this side, and how much would you be paying because he is a 400k player max.

The glaring issue is our total lack of a quality Fullback. This is the main issue the club should be going above and beyond to fix. How they have not gone out hard for one is beyond me.

I can not rap my head around our situation. How can you have people on big money leave and not have a cent to get anyone to replace them. Our club has fallen so far. We literately have nothing to get excited about or discuss, except losing players. Kev said we would be on the market making big moves. What moves? one name is being rumored.. Asiata, ok but what exactly does he bring to this side, and how much would you be paying because he is a 400k player max.

The glaring issue is our total lack of a quality Fullback. This is the main issue the club should be going above and beyond to fix. How they have not gone out hard for one is beyond me.

Yeah it’s mind-boggling isn’t it. You lose Boyd, Kahu, Bird, Fifita and now likely Joffa and you bring back Macca and upgrade Herbie but still have no money to even sign Asiata unless a Joffa is gone. How much are we paying these guys to play elsewhere and how much are we overpaying the hacks at the club?

Not only that, we were slow to move our coach on, slow to appoint the only real contender for the job and slow to finish a needless review to likely point out everything bar the obvious. Meanwhile, serviceable depth players our squad needs are being snapped up left, right and centre on minimum wage and we do absolutely nothing.

There better be something other than Asiata in the works of this club will lose a bucket load of members because there is just no good news coming out of the club.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are paying a million dollars of our cap next year to players playing at other clubs in Bird, Joffa and McGuire. Meanwhile we’ll have about 2-2.5 million wrapped up in players we don’t want at the club in Milford, Oates, Macca and Glenn, Croft and possibly throw TPJ and a lodge into that mix as well.

What an absolute mess!

Last edited:

Kevvie probably knows what we need player wise and had ideas coming into the job. The board probably sat him down and gave him the old “so umm about signing players.....”

The only explanation I have is Fifita's Titans salary is being counted under the Broncos cap. This would make sense when you look at both sides recruitment methods.
Anything is possible with this lot lol

Well I agree it wouldn’t help him but it wouldn’t help us either. My point is those who could have kept him here didn’t. Of course you can’t make him sign a contract FFS but you can coerce him. That’s their fucken job.

First off, you contract yourself in this sentence, when you say "you can't make him sign a contract", then you say "you can coerce him"

short of taking him out back and holding a gun to his head until the contract is signed, the only way to coerce David Fifita was MONEY.

I suppose we could have tried forging his signature on the contract, like the Titans did with Roberts

First off, you contract yourself in this sentence, when you say "you can't make him sign a contract", then you say "you can coerce him"

short of taking him out back and holding a gun to his head until the contract is signed, the only way to coerce David Fifita was MONEY.

I suppose we could have tried forging his signature on the contract, like the Titans did with Roberts

Well the gun idea isn’t the worst and would be easily the most effective strategy this club has used in some time.

It also does seem we actually didn’t have any money to sign Fifita, it was a gamble based on Macca not returning.

Well the gun idea isn’t the worst and would be easily the most effective strategy this club has used in some time.

It also does seem we actually didn’t have any money to sign Fifita, it was a gamble based on Macca not returning.

don't buy it

but you keep believing that if it makes you happy

because you know how hard it is to look after your family on 750k a year ... damn near impossible

Harder than it is with an extra five hundred grand, certainly.

I can't believe we're still judging the kid for this. It's not like it was an extra fifty thousand or something. Blame the Titans, if you're going to blame anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • Cavalo
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Tmac
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.