Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2019

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by PerthBrissy987, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Battler

Battler NRL Player

Lol at the meltdowns in the comments. I wonder how many are Souths fans mad that Bennett didn't bring any one of Lodge, Oates, or TPJ (they were all expecting at least one, some were gloating that they'd get all three)?

2. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

And that’s the trifecta

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...t/news-story/331411fd05aea2681e189ed5eab0f1f8

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    abashii likes this.
  3. Based on that I would say TPJ is playing prop next season.

4. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

5. I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon State of Origin Rep

Apparently we've poached a kid named Izaia Perese from the Reds

6. Alec

Alec International Rep

Was he the one we were chasing earlier in the year? The really talented one apparently?

7. pagey

pagey NRL Player

Pretty sure it is

8. Allo

Allo NRL Player

From the SMH

Then there’s just more about Yawnion

9. JAHHW

JAHHW QCup Player

Whoa, whoa; pump the brakes union journalist.

Just because he’s a fringe first grader in union, does not mean “an NRL debut is a near certainty in the not too distant future”. Particularly at the Broncos.

The other way around, yeh sure. But history will show many more have failed trying to come across to league from union than the other way around.

I hope he “kills it” like the box head Wallabies coach says he will, but time will tell.

10. Genuinely optimistic about the signing. I don't watch a ton of Rah Rah, but caught a few games of Perese's and was impressed with his foot-work and his ability to create chances in tight quarters.

It's bit of a homecoming as well for Perese. He actually played Rugby League for Norths in his junior days, so he isn't starting from scratch in this sport. It was one of the reasons why I kept an eye on him, I like to give my rah rah mates stick for all the League converts (Timu being the new go-to guy).

porouian, GKDonkey and GCBRONCO like this.
  11. barker

barker NYC Player

12. Bongo

Bongo BRL Player

Reminds me a bit of Willie Tonga.

13. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

He wont be able to brush off tackles like a few of them unless nikorima swaps teams.

Deadset they are state teams?! Lol they looked like under 20’s defensively. However , he looks pretty good. Wonder if he will be ahead of farnsworth and kahu as the backup winger? Also, wonder if this is an indication we will be letting kahu go? Has anyone heard any whispers?

14. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Under 16 Origin too in 2013.

He's coming off an ACL so he will take time, Redcliffe are pretty shrewd good replacement for Pearson.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 9:36 AM
  15. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Why not Maranta?

16. What?

17. I don't watch enough games, so I've never seen him play. Rest assured the moment the Muffin Man does something useful I'll be quick to remind all of them he's one of my guys.

18. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Well we did have Ponga at one point.

19. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

The only thing I heard was he was made an offer from the Titans, which they pulled when Kelly became available and they signed him.

Seibold has confirmed we've signed Perese, also says there's 1-2 more gaps to fill before the season starts.

soup likes this.