Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2019

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by PerthBrissy987, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman QCup Player

I really wish we had a reserve grade team. It would be well worth getting to games early to watch them play. We would actually get value for money.

2. Morkel

Morkel

Ooh, tell me more about this Seibs. Does he offer custom options for the afterlife?

3. Not a bad signing, especially if he can work on his defence. Positionally Kennar is a right-side player which can come in handy in case Isaako suffers a sophmore slump. Scored 7 tries from 8 games under Seibold so he has a strong strike rate and he's a relatively strong runner of the football, averaging a 100m per game.

Kennar's defence is definitely concerning. Last season teams were able to expose his positioning with ease, especially the Broncos who exposed him so badly, Seibold eventually had to bring out the hook and give Hiroti his debut. I'm under the impression his positional play isn't great either, so he'll have to tighten his game if he wants to find a spot in the team.

4. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Seibs worked with him at Melbourne so thinks he can fire him up again. I always found him an explosive runner and ball carrier but pretty lax on anticipation and awareness.

2014 ISC GF Pride just destroyed him, Leary ran at him and he just had no clue, short sides the Pride would come back to him and he's just standing their flat footed.

JD just worked him over!

porouian and Wolfie like this.
  5. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

Checking out a video relating to his signing I noticed Siebs mention the possibility that Haas could be our lock this coming season. He certainly has the motor, question is he robust enough to last a whole season as a rookie?

6. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

If we want a lock to do the same sort of job as JT2, then he could be a good option if we give him time to develop.

Marty Deutschmann and Swiss pete like this.
  7. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

Link to video?

8. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

Sorry Marty the vid was in another post on here somewhere can't seem to find it.

9. Alec

Alec International Rep

I still think the closest thing to JT2 for us is TPJ(1). JT2 takes a lot of those middle runs in his own half, and even partially into the opposition half, but can also make his way onto the edge sometimes when inside the opposition 30 or so. If we can get TPJ doing something similar, best case scenario is he can create Parker-like 2nd phase play in the middle, and hit edges like he did in 2018 too.

10. Gaz

Gaz QCup Player

Looks like a great number 10 to me.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  11. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

is that video supposed to be a tongue in cheek parody or?

12. Alec

Alec International Rep

I think it was probably legit. I think a perfect parody video would be something like Linkin Park - In The End, a lot of fade outs, a few seconds of black and white, slow motion, maybe even 4 screens at once etc.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  13. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

well it would certainly represent the amount of game time he's had at top level.

beating up on kids and u20's origin is not exactly remember the name territory

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  14. Gaz

Gaz QCup Player

It’s my point. He has been playing prop since he was a kid and still is ( a kid - turns 20 next month ) so why would we try and turn him into a lock when it seems to me we have that position well and truely covered. All teams are on the lookout for big bodied humans who can play prop and we have one in him. But hey, I'm happy for him to play anywhere as long as it’s with us. He won’t let us down.

15. Sproj

Sproj

He had a rat's tail? Goodness me.

16. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

He might have had a rat's tail, but he sure got a mallee bull's shoulders. 3 or4 years time he's gonna be slaying them in the aisles. He be the Coal trains' engine.

porouian likes this.
  17. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

James Roberts currently has one

18. GKDonkey

GKDonkey NRL Captain

Really? Why can't he just keep his hair short back and sides

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    JAHHW likes this.
  19. JAHHW

JAHHW QCup Player

Agreed.

I loathe the inevitable period of the season where he sports the mop of hair and looks like a dishevelled gypsy.

GKDonkey likes this.
  20. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    He scores his best tries with that hair.

Marty Deutschmann and porouian like this.