Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2019

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by PerthBrissy987, Sep 9, 2018.

1. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

This.

If it means we run the risk of losing TPJ then i dont want a bar of it.

Sproj and Sirlee oldman like this.
  2. Allo

Allo NRL Player

The only potential reality of this happening while keeping TPJ+Oates etc is if Glenn, Kahu and Boyd all leave/retire and we have the cash to afford all of the forwards. Having said that, if we signed him, that puts Mago, Carrigan, Flegler etc all back a spot and that doesn’t seem to be our aim at all

And only if George plays with glue on his hands. We’ve gotten rid of error-prone forwards, we don’t need to replace them with another

Sproj and Sirlee oldman like this.
  3. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

And do you think he would accept Glenn's pay packet as well? He is only using us to get more money out of souths. Every player in the comp does this to us.

Sproj likes this.
    Not a good idea we have the best forward group in the competition some one will step up we need to build to the future I like the mix we have

4. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

Kahu may be the cowboys new fullback..

5. Mitch06

Mitch06 NRL Player

Surely they have some options. Does Kahu have the legs or energy to play back there?

6. Who cares, that’s the Cowboys problem

7. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

Would be a good move for him, he’s not going to get any minutes here

8. Skyblues87

Skyblues87 BRL Player

Should have kept Coote

9. Stu_9

Stu_9 QCup Player

It sounds as tho Kahu to the cowgirls is a done deal. Not sure about everyone on here, but I’m happy with it. I’ll be surprised if they make the 8 next year, and we will also free up some $ to keep our current crop of young fellas together. Hopefully also means we will see a a little more of Staggs, i think the bloke is an absolute gun.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  10. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

From what I have seen of Staggs he needs to improve his defence quite considerably if he wants to make it in the NRL. I saw games last year in the ISC comp where he missed two or three tackles in a row on a regular basis. His attack looked great though.

11. Foordy

Foordy

After we replaced Kahu in the top 30 ... We'd free up **** all, he isn't on a big deal

12. Stu_9

Stu_9 QCup Player

Agre
    Agreed, but we might be able to offer someone an extra $150k and that may be enough to keep them..you never know.

Marty Deutschmann and abashii like this.
  13. Morkel

Morkel

That's my thought too. Losing McGuire and Kahu, in a season that we expected to have them under our cap, means we have anywhere between $600k - $800k available this year to front-end some contracts. Meaning we have more to offer players for future seasons, which is gold for retention purposes.

14. I thought you can't front-end contracts anymore? Or was it the other way around?

15. Morkel

Morkel

Other way around I think.

broncospwn and abashii like this.
  16. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    Aren’t kahu and Glenn some kind of package deal?

17. Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman QCup Player

No. Glenn is off contract this year and Kahu next year.
    That’s really the only attractive thing about moving Kahu on now. His money for next year could go to Oates or TPJ.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  18. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

Probably more like Moose' money would go to TPJ, which would be something like $700k from memory??

In saying that I'm not sure what kind of upgrade Lodge got given he was minimum contract last year

Sirlee oldman likes this.
    That was the media's thing up until they signed different contracts last time. Up until that point I'm pretty sure they had always been offered same length deals for their Broncos tenure.