Broncos positivity thread

I think if we manage between 1 and 3 Kevie got them performing to about parr (provided none of the losses are by 50!). Any more than that and I start thinking about where we build his statue.
It's a tough 10 rounds, and he should snag a few games just because it's the start of the season and the boys are fired up.
The key is they need to show that if their opponents dial it in, we can make them pay and if our opponents play really well we make them earn every point and get a few ourselves.

As long as the side is competitive for the full 80, I’ll take all losses. Just want to see them playing with heart and passion in the jersey.
Couldn't agree any more with you. We are now every body's little brother in the way the cowboys, warriors and the bunnies of the past were.
No one hates us any more but no one really expects us to win either or even have respect for us. I just hope we manage a win against the Titans. It would definitely feel like payback after all those years of them saving their game of the year for us when we were on a run to a top four spot.

As long as the side is competitive for the full 80, I’ll take all losses. Just want to see them playing with heart and passion in the jersey.
Yeah this. I don't care if we go 0-10 as long as we don't get hammered by more 10 points per loss. If every game ends with me thinking we were in it at some stage, I'll be happy. It'd make a nice change from knowing you're getting pumped by 30+ weekly and the only way it's less than that is if the opposition go easy.

Getting pumped 50 then following that with another 50 point loss. 0 pride.

For those stressing about the players the club have lost this off season and the cattle Kev has brought in - remember in 2015 the broncos released:

Ben Barba
Jake Granville
Ben Hannent
Josh Hoffman
David Hala

and signed:

Milford
Boyd
Adam Blair
Travis Waddell

Keep in mind, at the time Adam Blair was topping lists for the worst signing in rugby league history in regards to his form at the Tigers. and Darius Boyd was the Newcastle Knights Darius Boyd - which is very similar to our Darius Boyd accept Newcastle never got a single good season out of him. They were 2 of the leagues most unwanted contracts.

Anthony Milford was a very exciting signing though losing the similar and proven Barba cancelled it out to one extent. The point is, we lost an X factor and a large number of experienced first graders (even if we hated Josh Hoffman) and we only brought in nobodies and 2 of the games most out of form players.

Look at how big of a difference Blair and Boyd made to our team (initially). All it takes to vastly improve a roster is 1 or 2 good signings and a coach who gets the best out of the rest of the squad - and sometimes those good signings may not even appear to be so great to the average fan.

Asiata could easily be Blair like in his impact on the balance of our forward pack, and all we need now is the spine player to bring the Boyd type improvement.

I’m not saying it will make us premiership contenders over the offseason like 2015 but I think 2014 broncos were as far from the grand final as the current broncos are from 8th position.

When all seems lost, remember this date: August 13, 2006

And then remember the calibre of player from then compared to now and feel lost again.

Last edited:
For those stressing about the players the club have lost this off season and the cattle Kev has brought in - remember in 2015 the broncos released:

Ben Barba
Jake Granville
Ben Hannent
Josh Hoffman
David Hala

and signed:

Milford
Boyd
Adam Blair
Travis Waddell

Keep in mind, at the time Adam Blair was topping lists for the worst signing in rugby league history in regards to his form at the Tigers. and Darius Boyd was the Newcastle Knights Darius Boyd - which is very similar to our Darius Boyd accept Newcastle never got a single good season out of him. They were 2 of the leagues most unwanted contracts.

Anthony Milford was a very exciting signing though losing the similar and proven Barba cancelled it out to one extent. The point is, we lost an X factor and a large number of experienced first graders (even if we hated Josh Hoffman) and we only brought in nobodies and 2 of the games most out of form players.

Look at how big of a difference Blair and Boyd made to our team (initially). All it takes to vastly improve a roster is 1 or 2 good signings and a coach who gets the best out of the rest of the squad - and sometimes those good signings may not even appear to be so great to the average fan.

Asiata could easily be Blair like in his impact on the balance of our forward pack, and all we need now is the spine player to bring the Boyd type improvement.

I’m not saying it will make us premiership contenders over the offseason like 2015 but I think 2014 broncos were as far from the grand final as the current broncos are from 8th position.

I like the reasoning / rationale but then look at who of these two outs were and which team beat us in that year's GF and how much of a part of that they both were. Also, an additional out went on to a premiership at another (albeit dodgy as anything) club.

None of those guys bought in ever went on to a premiership afterward either.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.