Broncos positivity thread

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I’m as pessimistic as anybody going into this season and so I wanted to make a thread that is just to speak about positives at the club and things to look forward to in the future.

I realise this is setting the stage for endless sarcastic replies but please only serious responses. What are some positives to look forward to as broncos fans?

I’ll start:

- we get to see guns like Carrigan and Haas with one more year of experience under their belts. Carragin especially seems like he’s only going to get better with experience.

- at the moment, besides Staggs, most of our players will be back from the injury cursed year and we might be able to fa close to full strength side

- Seibold is gone, and we now have a new coach who at least understands the club, who is accompanied by a pretty great team of assistants

- No more Darius. Regardless of what you think about him, at least we don’t have to deal with the endless conversations and debates he attracted in his last couple of seasons.

- Hopefully a new CEO is on the way who may provide a bit of a fresh start for the club.

this thread will have crickets ... especially around here these days

Yeah it was very hard for me to think of many. Hopefully some of the boards more optimistic folks can share some of those good vibes

I honestly reckon Milf will kill it this year. Between having an actual coach and an actual halves partner and not being made to play fullback on a fucked hamstring it's all going to come together. Same with Haas and our forwards in general, Kevvie knows how to use a bench and should have them fired up and charging hard.

With White gone I expect our days of giving out our players on money back guarantee deals are done too.

It's all trending up.

You seem to be genuinely shocked that people are feeling overwhelmingly negative about the club whilst it is in it's longest Premiership drought ever after they just turned in not only the club's worst season ever, but one of the worst seasons in modern NRL history for any club.

You clearly either don't understand Rugby League, or you don't understand human nature. It's also actually possible you don't understand both to be fair.

Last edited:
The only way is up. That's all I've got. 2021 was always going to be a slog for us thanks to the dry player market, and players don't just adjust to a new coaching regime in one off season.

We can take some solace in the departures I guess. White gone, Seibold gone, Boyd gone.....Their absence is a positive all its own.

You clearly either don't understand Rugby League

and there it is ... i've been waiting for that gem to show it'a head.

a typical comment made when someone disagrees with someone else ... I'm actually surprised it took so long to be said.

and there it is ... i've been waiting for that gem to show it'a head.

a typical comment made when someone disagrees with someone else ... I'm actually surprised it took so long to be said.
When you run stone, motherless last that is factually speaking a bad season. That's not something you can have a subjective opinion about.

Boyd is gone, Jack Bird is gone which will free up a bit on money. We have a Queensland great couching our team who understands what the club was built on.

D Fifita is gone, some might look at this as a negative but I see it as a positive. If you don’t want to be here...catch ya later. Like in any work place it is contagious when someone doesn’t want to be there, so hopefully it rids that attitude.

We have some awesome young talent which will be much better now that they have more games under their belt and another pre season.

The broncos have been criticised like never before and nothing brings a group of people together like a under siege state of mind. I’m expecting to see this pay off next year.

Just a few of my personal positives that I am hanging onto as a broncos fan

EDIT: I’m super excited to see RIki have a proper crack next year if he’s given the opportunity. I’ve seen the potential of something special with that fella

Last edited:
I don’t get why you’re acting like it shouldn’t be. You’re not seeing things that others can’t see Foordy. The club is a shit show and replacing a shit coach won’t fix that when we still have a shit board making most of the decisions. You haven’t even tried to make a solid argument about your point of view in months now and you’re just arguing with people for the sake of it. Instead of cutting people’s opinions down without adding anything of value, why don’t you explain to every single one of us what you see that we all don’t?

On topic, it will be good to see what changes occur when the shackles are off certain players and if they don’t improve we should be making plenty of room in the cap. A lot of players have their backs against the wall and absolutely need to step up, otherwise they’re gone I’d hope.

I don’t get why you’re acting like it shouldn’t be. You’re not seeing things that others can’t see Foordy. The club is a shit show and replacing a shit coach won’t fix that when we still have a shit board making most of the decisions. You haven’t even tried to make a solid argument about your point of view in months now and you’re just arguing with people for the sake of it. Instead of cutting people’s opinions down without adding anything of value, why don’t you explain to every single one of us what you see that we all don’t?
This 100%.

You don't have to agree that things are as dire as everyone else does, but no reasonably rational person could honestly claim to not understand why people would feel they are, or not understand why they might be kicking stones about it.

Unless this honestly is your first time interacting with other human beings and you just haven't gotten out much before, because honestly outside of that the current mood really should not be that surprising to anyone.

Last edited:
Thanks boys, and I get the frustrations at Foordy. His posts have read as very snarky lately but i prefer this didn’t turn it or a debate. Please only post in here if it is directly related to positive things at the club. No negative comments .

On that note @Foordy please share some things you’re optimistic about

Thanks boys, and I get the frustrations at Foordy. His posts have read as very snarky lately but i prefer this didn’t turn it or a debate. Please only post in here if it is directly related to positive things at the club. No negative comments .

On that note @Foordy please share some things you’re optimistic about
I'm optimistic that at least we should have bugger all Origin representation again so perhaps over the middle rounds we can catch up some ground on the stronger clubs.

(I've also just had the sobering realisation that this must be what Wests Tigers fans hope for most years)

When you run stone, motherless last that is factually speaking a bad season. That's not something you can have a subjective opinion about.

literally no-one ever said 2020 wasn't a bad season, it was by far the worst season ever from a Broncos POV, it was downright unbronco-like.

what i was taking exception to is being told i don't understand rugby league because i don't think like you do. you (and many others around here) seem to not only be the glass is completely empty, but also smashed into a million pieces kind of guys ... whereas i'm more your glass is half full person.

as for my understanding of rugby league (especially NRL era rugby league) there have been countless times when teams have had diabolical seasons only to be challenging for the top 8 (sometimes even the top 4) the following year. (sometimes even without making any major signings). of course, there are also the teams that back up diabolical seasons with diabolical seasons. only time will tell which category we fall into.

you seem to believe, we have zero chance of that we have zero chance of doing anything in 2021. i don't like it but i guess it is your right to think that way.

I on the other hand believe that our roster is nowhere near as bad as it is made out to be. a change in the coaching team, lead by a man that bleeds maroon and gold, a man that will be able to inspire his troops, and instils confidence and the right attitude, a man that knows what a winning Broncos culture looks and feels like. (and hopefully finds a way to cut down those damn injuries).

we will be competitive in 2021 ... just watch

Active Now

• westy316
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Maroon4life
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.