Broncos positivity thread

Suck shit cowboys. They really floated under the radar for how bad their season has been. Questionable roster management too but never gets mentioned in the media. Their rookie coach wasn’t a punching bag either.

Suck shit cowboys. They really floated under the radar for how bad their season has been. Questionable roster management too but never gets mentioned in the media. Their rookie coach wasn’t a punching bag either.
Paytens management of JT13 has been abysmal. He has taken arguably one of the best forwards in the game and completely nerfed him (except for when he plays us).

Kev and the club have been well vindicated on a couple of fronts today, namely letting Walsh and Lodge go. Lodge has devolved back into the psycho he's always been and Walsh has had a brain explosion of a performance as well and demonstrated that he is far from ready for first grade.

Sam Walker is still a disappointing **** up on the clubs part, but Walsh certainly wasn't.

Kev and the club have been well vindicated on a couple of fronts today, namely letting Walsh and Lodge go. Lodge has devolved back into the psycho he's always been and Walsh has had a brain explosion of a performance as well and demonstrated that he is far from ready for first grade.

Sam Walker is still a disappointing **** up on the clubs part, but Walsh certainly wasn't.
The more I think about it, I’m not to upset about the walker situation as he only re-signed for a short period and he still need body maturity in a pretty big way. If we’re where I think we will be in the following years, we should look pretty enticing coming up to his next contract.

The more I think about it, I’m not to upset about the walker situation as he only re-signed for a short period and he still need body maturity in a pretty big way. If we’re where I think we will be in the following years, we should look pretty enticing coming up to his next contract.
Give him his contract to develop at the roosters and hopefully bring him back as a Reynolds replacement and depending on how Adam is going you'd nearly give him a extra year so Walker can work with him to develop his game.

The letting Lodge go proved its point today bloke was a lunatic and the finger to the crowd put the icing on the cake. Been suspended twice and got off 1 charge already and looks to be another suspension coming.
If Walsh stays at Brisbane he doesn't do the shit he's doing.

Looking at the ladder at the end of this season we were the cowboys 1 point lost, roosters 1 point robbery and the West tigers half time fall apart away from being in contention for 8th spot.. for and against wouldn't of been our friend though.
But Not playing with 14 in round 1 vs Parramatta
Not tackling for the first 10 minutes vs the knights and the Issako hold back
And having someone to ice one of the panthers games and were easily in the finals.
May have finished 14th but we weren't as far off as it seems
Next year with the signings and fully fit stars and the development of our young brigade futures looking bright.

Looking at the ladder at the end of this season we were the cowboys 1 point lost, roosters 1 point robbery and the West tigers half time fall apart away from being in contention for 8th spot.. for and against wouldn't of been our friend though.
And having someone to ice one of the panthers games and were easily in the finals.
Next year with the signings and fully fit stars and the development of our young brigade futures looking bright.
Speaking of the young brigade, unfortunately I couldn't stream the full game but tass scored another try for the magpies and mam had a great try assist where he grubbered for himself behind the line, regathered, drew in the fullback and put in another grubber for his team mate to score.

I am hoping he has a big pre season and possible debut maybe mid season next year (by this time he should have about 20 isc games under his belt) as I think he could be that x factor five eight that would compliment reynolds.

Yeah I went back through too and just on the scorelines we had bad games vs Storm x2, Souths x2, Manly, Eels, Dragons, Tigers and Raiders

I know that’s still 9 games at 13+ but we also beat Roosters essentially twice, held the Panthers to 8 and 6 point wins and the Eels to 8.

When you look at the games and not just the ladder, the season wasn’t as bad as it probably should’ve been, considering the circumstances around Vlandysball, Covid, injuries, chop-change team selections, DD’s and Ikin being here mid-season instead of the start, delaying the ejection of players and reset that didn’t happen until the bye, and the mainstays of lopsided draws and ref fuckery

On the flip side, Newcastle were right on the edge of coming bottom four. 12 wins with a combined winning margin of 109. Meaning they only won by an average of about 9 points, but that includes a 38-0 score, remove that and they drop to 6.5. They also had 6 wins that had a margin of 6 or less

They could’ve easily lost those 6 games and ended up below us on 6 wins (if you assume those losses don’t trigger changes and affect future outcomes)

Speaking of the young brigade, unfortunately I couldn't stream the full game but tass scored another try for the magpies and mam had a great try assist where he grubbered for himself behind the line, regathered, drew in the fullback and put in another grubber for his team mate to score.

I am hoping he has a big pre season and possible debut maybe mid season next year (by this time he should have about 20 isc games under his belt) as I think he could be that x factor five eight that would compliment reynolds.
Is Tass mainly a centre or could he play wing aswell?
Reynolds will be able to help alot with Mam during pre season and going back to qcup to start the year to work on the things he's learnt will be massive. From the small amount I've seen he looks strong in defence puts him body on the line and just has a knack of knowing where to be real instinctive player would suit Reynolds well.

Yeah so true. I took a look at our form after the reset post Souths flogging. We won 4 and lost 5 with 214 points for and 213 points against. One of the losses was the Roosters where we were dudded. So we should have been 5-4. Thats top 8 form with no TPJ no Lodge and Staggs out injured for most of the games. IMO we will most certainly make the 8 next season. If dudded with the draw we will scrape in but with a more favorable draw we could be top 6. Feeling very optimistic.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.