Contributor
May 21, 2013
https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/12/12/carrigan-extends-broncos-stay/

Carrigan Extends Broncos Stay

Author
broncos.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 12 Dec 2018, 03:59 PM

Young prop, Patrick Carrigan, has recommitted his future to the NRMA Insurance Broncos, extending his deal to 2022.
Signed until the end of next season, Carrigan's extension adds a further three years to his stay at the club where he arrived as a 17-year-old.
Carrigan captained the Broncos National Youth Competition side in 2017 while picking up the Players' Player and Player of the Year awards in the same year at the club's annual awards night.
"I love the club, it's been the club I came to straight out of school," Carrigan told Broncos TV.
"Hopefully I can get a bit of game time in the upcoming years and do something with it."
Now part of the Broncos full-time squad, Carrigan watched on as his fellow teammates Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs and David Fifita achieve his next goal, an NRL debut.
"I can still remember all of those three boys making their debuts."
"It makes you want to achieve that goal (debuting) even more and it's made me hungry to hopefully get out there and play alongside them."
Broncos CEO Paul White was pleased to have further secured Carrigan's services as part of a promising and youthful squad.
"Patty's a great signing for us, he's a local Brissy boy, he's studying Physiotherapy here and with his values and work ethic, he'll be a strong leader at this club for a long time," White said.

He'll play next season at some stage. No doubts in my mind whatsoever. Mago may even get the shaft early to make way.

Now we just need to lock up Flegler and Fifita long term.

So no one has left with Wayne so far. But I guess we’ll see come 2020

Extending him for three years before he debuts could save us a bundle. This is excellent news that I was not expecting to happen this year, if at all.

Excellent re-signing!! This kid is going to be an absolute vital cog in the future forward pack.

Siebold getting things done hehe

I don't really know much about him ... But if he lives up to half of the wraps people around here have on him he will be a hell of a player for us in the future

Last edited:
Congratulations to Patty's Number 1 fan @Wolfie on the wonderful news.

Patty really impressed me when he came onto the scene during the 2016 season and down the line I can see him winning a lot of admirers. I don't expect it to be as instantaneous as Fifita, I see Carrigan following a similar trajectory as Arrow where some fans just couldn't see it until he became a regular starter.

I don't really know much about him ... But if he lives up to half of the wraps people around here have on him he will be a hell of a player for us in the future

If Wayne was still around he’d probably never get a run. But now he’s definitely a maybe.

Congratulations to Patty's Number 1 fan @Wolfie on the wonderful news.

Patty really impressed me when he came onto the scene during the 2016 season and down the line I can see him winning a lot of admirers. I don't expect it to be as instantaneous as Fifita, I see Carrigan following a similar trajectory as Arrow where some fans just couldn't see it until he became a regular starter.

Its great news. He is just a pure footballer. Not an athlete or spectacular type player like Fifita or Haas which is why he probably doesn't get the plaudits. In some ways he reminds me of a Brad Thorn or a Shane Webcke in regards to him just getting things done when it comes to taking the tough runs and hitups when they need to be done, and i think he is going to be a great captain.

Its great news. He is just a pure footballer. Not an athlete or spectacular type player like Fifita or Haas which is why he probably doesn't get the plaudits. In some ways he reminds me of a Brad Thorn or a Shane Webcke in regards to him just getting things done when it comes to taking the tough runs and hitups when they need to be done, and i think he is going to be a great captain.

I don’t know much about him, certainly nothing like what you do, but all the took of his leadership at such a young age is very impressive.

Im shocked we were able to re-sign carrigan. Dean “the reliable source” ritchie has said the broncos players are calling up bennett non-stop and that things arent going well at the broncos under seibold... after 2 weeks hahaha seriously he has to be the worst journalist of a very very bad bunch. Owe and souths are probably going to sign pangai next year. I get the feeling if TPJ signed a 5 year deal journalists like ritchie would claim its just a cover up while he secretly desires to be with bennett...

Im shocked we were able to re-sign carrigan. Dean “the reliable source” ritchie has said the broncos players are calling up bennett non-stop and that things arent going well at the broncos under seibold... after 2 weeks hahaha seriously he has to be the worst journalist of a very very bad bunch. Owe and souths are probably going to sign pangai next year. I get the feeling if TPJ signed a 5 year deal journalists like ritchie would claim its just a cover up while he secretly desires to be with bennett...

Link? I'd love to read what that flog has to say

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • BroncoFan94
  • Horseheadsup
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Yem
  • Maroon4life
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrRobot
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • broncoscope
  • Kev_Guz
  • marw
  • Xzei
... and 72 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.